Chapter Thirty Six: Win For The Wildcats

Samantha's POV
"LETS GO WILDCATS!!" I cheered. The boys were just starting, the announcer introducing the team members and all that.

"Hey, Sam?" Grace asked, looking at me. "Hmm?" I hummed, not paying attention to her. I was watching Cameron line up to bat.

"What's that on your neck?" "What?" I asked, looking down. I cursed under my breath.

"IS THAT A HICKIE??!!" Emma shouted, earning chuckles and glares from other people. "Why don't you yell that a little louder Emma?" I hissed. "I think there's a guy in Texas that didn't quite hear you."

"Where'd you get a- ohhh... OHHHH...." Grace said, smirking at me. "Cameron.... Ohhhhh...." I rolled my eyes at her, covering the hickey with my hair.

I felt Shawn's grip on the chair beside mine tighten. I put my hand over his and leaned on his shoulder. He relaxed, leaning his head on mine.

Cameron was up to bat. Derek was pitching, his cold blue eyes focusing. Curve ball. I thought, leaning off of Shawn a bit. I knew Cameron could tell what Derek was doing because he smirked and brought the bat up to his shoulder.

Pitch, Swing, Hit. I watched as the ball went flying, so high it seemed to touch the clouds. "HOME RUN!!" The announcer yelled. Everyone cheered as we watched Cameron run the bases, the biggest smile on his face.

Cameron's POV: A little while earlier....

The finals... The most important game of this season. Everyone watching you... All eyes on your every movement. Especially Samantha's. I can't let her down. I can't let any of them down.

Grace would have expected more from me if we lost. Shawn would judge me even more, even though we have grown to be good friends.

Nash, Hayes, Emma and Emily. They'd all be supportive, even if I lost. Emma would bake her delicious cupcakes that always made everything better.

It was shocking how I got to know all of them. I mean, we were never really friends before... Sam. I mean, Nash and I have been best friends for years, although we never really hanged out at school.

Samantha is the only one that I don't know how will react. Would she be sympathetic? Disappointed? Judge me?

I didn't know.

"Nervous?" Aaron said, slapping his hand on my bare back, snapping me out of my train of thought. "A little." I admitted, putting on my jersey.

"Ah, don't be." Carter said, tying his shoes. "We all know you'll do great. You're wonder boy after all."

I laughed at that. "Nobody calls me that." Taylor scoffed. "Everyone calls you that."

I just rolled my eyes as I tied my shoes. "You guys are crazy." "The only one crazy here is you." They all said, glaring at me.

"That's creepy." I stated, putting on my baseball cap. "You're creepy." They all said again.

All their eyes widened. "STOP!! ME STOP? YOU GUYS STOP!! STOP!! UGHHHH!" They all yelled in unison. I laughed at them as I walked out of the changing room, them following.

"LETS GO BOYS!! WARM UP!!" Our coach yelled at us as soon as we came into his line of sight.

We all mumbled a 'yes sir' and started warming up. Suddenly, I turned my head to see Samantha hugging someone from the other team.

A burning hatred filled my stomach, and I ran over to her, wanting to punch the guy in the jaw.

After a embarrassing conversation, I went back to warming up. Everyone was asking me what was with Sam and 'Derek', but I just shrugged them off and told them it was nothing.

Soon, the game had started and I was stepping up to bat. 'Derek' was pitching, which was great for me. I hoped the ball went straight into his face.

Sadly, it went up into the air, earning my team a home run. I mean, yay a home run, but I wanted so badly for it to break his nose.

I started to run, and smiled when I saw 'Derek' hit himself in the face with his glove as he tried to face palm.

I heard the crowd roar, but I heard one voice over them all: Samantha's. Her voice chirped above all others, the familiar tone making me smile.

"Yeah, Wonder Boy!" I heard my friends yell as rounded the last base and slowed my running.

The game went on, my boys scoring points and hitting home runs. I smiled and cheered for my team, but my mind focused on one thing. Samantha.

She was so cute with her over sized jersey and her huge smile on her face. I smiled as she waved at me. Suddenly, Carter slapped me on the back. "C'mon Wonder Boy, your up. We need one more point."

It had gone by that quickly? I shook my head, stepping on the base readying the bat. Here we go...

Pitch. Swing. Hit.

The ball flew just like the last, hugging the clouds. It flew, landing in the stands. "HOME RUN!!" The announcer yelled again, the stands cheering.

Samantha's POV

"HOME RUN!!" The announcer yelled. I jumped up, raising my hands in the air. Suddenly, the ball fell into my hands. "I CAUGHT IT!!" I yelled, wrapping my fingers around the ball.

It was rough against my fingers, covered in dirt. I watched as the boys rejoiced as I slide off the railing and ran out to field.

I saw Cameron pull away from his team and look up at me. I smiled and waved the ball at him. He smiled, running up to me.

I shrieked as he heaved me off my feet and swirled me around. I heard him chuckling against my collar bone as I looked around to see all the fellow Wildcat fans cheering.

"Nice catch." Cameron said breathlessly. "I'm so proud of you!" I said, smiling at him so much my mouth hurt. He smiled back as he put me down on my feet.

"I love you." He said, kissing me. I smiled during the kiss, the baseball wrapped tightly around my fingers.
It was just him, the winning baseball and I.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N
Hey guys!! I'm officially back on track!! I'm now at a position that I can sit and write a chapter for you guys. Uploads will be every second day!

Starting out, there might be times where it's 3 days, but that's just depending on how busy I am. Dakota is also working on her story, so expect that in the works relatively soon!

I'm also going to be responding to comments from here on out more often!!

Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter! Oh! And if you can, send me some Cameron pics that I could use as headers! I'll be adding them in soon, I just can't find anyone's I like and that I haven't used yet!

It would be awesome if you guys would help!!

That being said, thank you guys so much for 19k reads and a lot of favourites and comments!! I had writers block for awhile but now I know some ideas I could include!

Look forward to some really good chapters coming soon!!

LOADS AND LOADS OF LOVE,

-Kat