Chapter Forty Two: Two Broken Hearts

Samantha's POV
I wept as I watched Grace, Hayes and Nash clean up the debris and Elizabeth come by to pick up a crying Skylynn.

My view had been blurred through my tears and I pushed off the window and slid off my window bench onto the floor, sinking my head into my knees.

"How could I be so stupid? All my chances, gone. Why do I even try? All I do is fail, over and over and over again..." I wept, silently speaking to my self.

"I'm such a fool."

I barely heard the door creak open as my weeps filled the room. "Hey." A voice said, interrupting my tears. I felt myself break even more, as I recognized the voice.

I looked up, to see the familiar brown eyes that I looked into almost every night. The brown eyes.... The way they shone in the daylight. The way I could tell he was breaking just by looking at me.

"I brought your shirt back." He said, his feet bare. Small water droplets formed on the ground, leaving footprints on my wood floor.

He sank to his knees in front of me, putting his hands on either side of my face. "Hey. Look at me." He spoke, his voice soft and smooth against my ear. I pulled my face up, looking into his eyes.

"We've gotta start changing some things around here. You crying, it's beginning to be the only thing that's seems on going around here."

I laughed a little as he pushed me up on his lap, my legs wrapping around his waist. I hugged him, burying my face into his neck.

"I love you, you know that. Right?" Cameron asked, gripping me closer to him. I smiled and pulled away a little bringing my face right in front of his, our noses almost touching.

"I love you more." I said. He smiled as he brought my face towards him, bringing our lips together. I smiled through the kiss, the weight on my shoulders slowly lifting away, leaving me as light as a feather.

My heart began to slowly mend together, although my emotional pain was still unbearable, I felt that some of the pain was going from me to Cameron. That we were dealing with this together, as a team.

We pulled apart to catch our breath. I saw the lust in his eyes as he breathed, no space left between us. "Hate to bother this killer makeout session, but, well... Actually, I don't." Shawn said, stepping into my room, his arms crossed over his bare chest.

"Dude, get the fuck off my sister." Shawn said, his eyes growing dark. I saw Cameron smile a little in the corner of my eye. "Technically, she's on top of me."

Shawn growled as he dragged Cameron away be his arm, making me slip off his lap and hit my head off the bench.

"Ow." I hissed, putting my hand to my head. Before Shawn or Cameron came in, Emma barged in looking terrible. Her eyes were red and tears were dripping off her cheeks. Her hands were noticeably shaking, and her lip was bleeding from a spot she had bitten down on it.

No one said anything as Cameron and Shawn left, knowing full well that they didn't want to see Emma cry. They shut the door behind them, and I stood up hugging Emma.

"What happened?!" I said, holding her as she shook with tears. She sniffled and sputtered, trying to get words out before she was able to form an actual sentence.

"Hayes and I, we, he.... We broke up."

---

Cameron's POV

"Dude, things are totally going ballistic around here." Shawn said, shrugging on a dry shirt. "I know, Samantha's a mess. And you know, Emma.... When Emily gets here she's gonna need an extreme 'To Long, Didn't Read' talk." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Here." Shawn said, tossing me a black V-neck. "Let's go out somewhere. I'm bored." "Woah man," I said, shrugging on the shirt. "I'm a one woman guy. I don't need another girl in my life."

Shawn hit me, laughing. "No, but I'm serious. Let's go." He said, walking out of the room.

"Okay, listen. If this is one of those 'Don't touch my sister, don't look at my sister, don't even think about my sister' talks, I think we've had enough of them." I said, following him outside.

"No," he said, opening his car door. "We're done with that." "Because if we're talking about that, then I should be saying the same thing. I mean... Wait. What?" I asked, staring at him once I realized what he had said.

"I said we're done with that. You and Sam have been dating for awhile now and it's time that I start respecting you two." He said, starting the car. "Now get in. You're letting the the air conditioning out."

I climbed in the car, buckling my seat belt. "Okay... Where to?" I asked. Shawn smiled deviously. "The world, the country, the town. You know, places." He answered.

"Ya... Okay. Do I need to call the cops? Because it sounds like you're low key trying to murder me." I answered. Shawn chuckled. "Not murder you. I would never do that. You know, probably."

I gulped, praying that I at least came back with one of my limbs intact.

Emma's POV

"Hey. I heard what happened.  Came as soon as I punched Hayes really hard in the face ." Grace said, barging into the room. "Did you break anything?!" Sam asked, her tears gone. Her eyes were still red, but Sam was always easy to predict.

She was focusing on my pain to distract herself from her own hurt heart.

"What? No. Just gave him a bloody nose." She answered, kneeling in front of me as Sam and I sat on her bed. "You okay?" Grace asked, sympathy in her eyes.

"Define okay." I sniffled, leaning my head on Sam's shoulder. I sighed. "It hurts. It hurts so fucking bad."

A/N

Hey guys!! Sorry for the non- updating recently. I have no excuse really... I'm just lazy.

ANYWAY, I decided that I would keep this story going for awhile, so there'll be more chapters!

Also, IF WE HIT 200 FOLLOWERS, you'll get to see 3 whole chapters of Dakota's new book! It's amazing, so let's hit that goal!

-Emayes has ended. :(

- Where is Shawn taking Cameron?

Thanks for sticking around even when I don't update. All you guys are amazing.

As some of you may have noticed, I have been deleting comments saying 'Update'. Because it won't change what time I update. If anything, it gets annoying. Especially now when I'm having extreme writing block. Like, I really want to, but I don't really have any ideas.

So please, refrain from doing that. Just please comment your thoughts on the story and ideas you'd like to see. That being said, thanks for reading this chapter.

Xoxo,

-Kat