Chapter Forty Five: Vicky

Samantha's POV
The next morning, Emily was extremely excited to settle down in her new school, even if it was only for a couple months.

Nash laughed at her as she bolted out of the car, running to the school doors. Nash showed her to the office, getting her locker number and her schedule.

I smiled at how happy Nash looked now that Emily was here.

Hayes was sort of sulking around, still upset about the breakup with Emma. Emma was better than Hayes, but still somewhat upset.

It broke my heart as they purposely avoided each other. I sighed as I opened my locker, the graffiti of insults still there. Thanks janitor.

Notes fell to the floor when I opened my locker. I picked them up and threw them out. I didn't have to read them to know what they said.

"Hey." Cameron said, leaning on the locker beside mine. "Hey." I replied, pecking him on the lips. "Where were you and Grace this morning? You never showed up to the house so we could drive to school together."

He sighed. "Woke up late. Both of us. Apparently a fuse blew in our house and our alarm clocks didn't go off." I nodded as I grabbed my books. "Want me to walk you to class?"

I smiled at him. "Cameron, if this is about protecting me, I think I can fend for myself." "I know you can. I just worry about you." He said, grabbing my hand. "Well you shouldn't. I'm fine. I'm right here." I said, taking my hand away from his to close my locker.

"For now. But what about when you're away? How do I know nobody will hurt you?" He asked, walking beside me in the hallway. Girls glared at me, some whispering things to their friends beside them.

"Because this isn't a movie." I answered. "It's real life."

He nodded. "Okay, fine. But meet me at the cafeteria at lunch. If you're not there within the first 5 minutes, I'm coming to look for you." He said. I laughed. "I'll be there. Now get to class. You'll be late." I said, pushing him into the crowd of people.

"I love you!" Cameron yelled, being pulled away from me by the wave of people. I laughed as I rolled my eyes and walked into class.

----

The rest of the day went smoothly, nobody really talking to me. I had a couple classes with Grace, Nash and Emily, so Cameron probably asked them if I was okay.

By the time the bell rang for lunch, I was on my way to the cafeteria. I smiled as I saw Cameron and everyone already sitting down.

"Hey." I said. "Hey yourself." Cameron said, wrapping his arm around my waist. "So, Emily." Shawn said, starting up conversation. "How do you like the school so far?"

"I love it! All the teachers are way nicer than the ones back home. Although it doesn't really help that people keep glaring at me." She said, looking around.

"That's because of me." I answered. "They all hate me."

Emma laughed a little. "They don't hate you. If anything, they're jealous of you." Nash groaned. "I feel like an animal at the zoo." He said, looking around. Grace sighed as she stood up.

"ALRIGHT! NOTHING TO SEE HERE. YOU CAN STOP LOOKING AT US LIKE WE'RE ANIMALS!" She yelled, making everyone in the cafeteria go silent.

"Gee.. Thanks Grace." Cameron said sarcastically. "Hey. I helped. Look." She said, motioning to everyone. "They're not staring at us anymore."

I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, a girl walked up to us. She was about the same height as Grace and had jet black hair and green eyes. I was so intoxicated by her weird yet beautiful combination of hair and eyes, that I didn't even realize that she was quite big.

I'm not saying she was fat, but rather she was pregnant.

"Hey Cameron." She said, completely skipping her eyes over me. "Vicky?" Cameron asked, looking at her.

I leaned back against the wall behind me as I looked at Cameron. "Who's Vicky?" I asked. Cameron opened his mouth to answer, but she beat him to it.

"I was his girlfriend before you." She answered. I nodded. "What do you want Vicky?" Grace asked, glaring at her. Good. Grace didn't like her either.

"I need to talk to Cameron." She said, looking at me. "Alone." Cameron lowered her eyes at her. "Anything you have to say to me, you can say to everyone else."

She sighed. "I'm pregnant." "Well no shit." I answered, earning a glare from Cameron. I gulped as I shut my mouth, looking at the table.

"You didn't let me finish." Vicky said, glaring at me also. I rolled my eyes as I took a sip of Cameron's water. "I'm pregnant. And it's Cameron's child." Suddenly, I spit out the water, choking.

"WHAT?" I asked. I looked at Cameron. "You slept with her?!" I asked, appalled. Cameron's face went white. "Well, I mean. I slept with a lot of people," he said, running his hand through his hair.

"Oh my god." I said, getting up. "Sam! Wait!" Cameron yelled after me as I walked out of the cafeteria. I shook my head and walked out to the empty court yard.

"Sam." Cameron said, grabbing my hand. "You have to understand."

"Understand what?!" I snapped, turning to face him. "It was a long time ago, before we were together." He said.

"Cameron! Don't you understand? You're going to be a father!" I said. He sighed. "I know. I know it's crazy," "Crazy?!" I yelled. "It's insane! What are you going to tell your parents?! What's going to happen to us?"

"We'll still be together." Cameron answered. "How?! Do you know how hard parenthood is? You'll be so busy with your newborn child, that you won't even have any time for me!" I yelled. I sniffled as tears fell from my eyes.

"I don't want to lose you." I spoke, my voice a faint whisper. Cameron pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back. "You won't, we'll figure this out. You won't lose me." He said. I nodded as I pulled away. "Promise?"

"I promise."

A/N
OOOOOHHHH.... CAMERON'S GONNA BE A DAD! Bet none of you saw that coming.

Anywho, hope you guys liked this chapter!

- What is Cameron going to do about Vicky?

- What will happen next?

Don't forget to favourite, comment, and follow us for future updates!

I also got a DM recently, witch made me so happy. I love talking to you guys, so feel free to DM whenever! If you have any ideas for the book, any suggestions, questions, or even questions about the book and its characters!

But please know that I won't tell you what's coming next in future chapters. I know it's kind of obvious, but just wanted to get that out there!

Love you guys!

Xoxo,

-Kat

(P.S: I'm going to go through other chapters and start editing them so there's no mistakes. Just a heads up.)