Chapter Twenty Nine: Questioning Everything

Samantha's POV
"Yo! Who want a hotdog?" I asked, rubbing my hands as we walk into the stadium. "Wow. It's the semi finals and all you can talk about is food?" Emma asked.

I looked at her confused. "Aren't you nervous? That Cameron's gonna lose?" Emily asked. I laughed, silently.

"Maybe. But I can't really think about that when my stomach is growling like a wolf." I said. "You just ate!" Hayes protested. "I'd know because I saw you flipping devour 2 hamburgers!"

I laughed. "What can I say? A girls gotta eat when a girls gotta eat." Grace laughed, clapping me on the back. "I'm surprised you're not 10000 pounds."

"Who says I'm not fat on the inside?" I replied, smirking at her.

I turned around, looking at Cameron. His face was was sheet white and his hands were trembling.

"Hey." I said, staying back as the rest of the group walked ahead. I put my hand on Cameron's shoulder.

My arm started shaking. I could feel his heartbeat hammering in his chest. "Are you okay?" I asked, looking at him concerned.

"If okay means extremely nervous and about to puke, then yeah." Cameron said. I laughed a little. "There's nothing to worry about Cameron."

He chuckled. "We could lose. There's something to worry about." I sighed. "Listen Cameron, I believe in you."

"That's a mistake." Then, he waltz away. I was left speechless. What was up with him?

"Cameron!" I yelled, staring at the back of his head as I weaved through the crowd. I wouldn't lose him. "Cameron! CAMERON ALEXANDER DALLAS!!" I yelled.

He stopped dead in his trail. He turned to me, his face soft. "What the hell?" I hissed, walking up to him. "What's the matter?!"

He sighed, moving his hand to brush the hair out of my face. I didn't move, letting him rest his hand on my neck.

"Ever since a couple hours ago, I've been thinking. What if I'm not good enough for you? The whole 'let's switch dates' thing is making me think you need someone better. And when, when you kissed him..." He trailed off, his eyes scanning my face.

"Cameron. I don't need anyone else. I don't want anyone else. All I need is you." I said, putting my arms around his neck. He broke eye contact, his hand slipping from my neck to rest at his side.

"Cameron." I said. "Look at me." And so, he did. His face was written with hurt, absolute pain coursed through my veins. I hate seeing him like this. I hated it.

"Don't be like this." I said. He then kissed me, his lips soft on mine. People bumped into us as we kissed in the middle of the hallway, but I couldn't care.

"I'm sorry." He said. "I, I just... Shawn, and.... The dare..." He said, stuttering on his words. "Don't listen to them. Listen to your heart. What do you want Cameron?" I asked.

He smiled. "You're right. The game. I-I gotta go." He said stepping away from me. "Go get him." I said. I smiled as he ran through the crowd, headed on his way to kick butt.

---

"What happened?" Emma said, as I made it to my seat, 5 minutes before the game started. "I told you, I went to go get a hotdog." I said, motioning to the food in my hand.

She sighed. "Going to get a hotdog doesn't take 20 minutes." She insisted. "I was held up. The line was long." I really didn't want to tell Emma what Cameron said.

Was he seriously questioning being with me? I mean, we're not together but then again we're not separate. I don't know how to classify it.

"Hey." Grace said, putting her hand on my arm. "What's wrong?" She asked. I avoided her eye contact. Grace knew everything about me. She could tell what's wrong in a single second.

"N-nothing. Don't worry about it." I said. Grace's grip tightened on my arm. "Mhm. Just as I thought. Leaned back, straight, heart beat elevated. You're hiding something. Hands shaking. Cameron. He said something."

"Who the hell are you?!" Nash said, leaning over to look at Grace. "Some kind of detective?! She's Sherlock. Shawn, I'd watch out if I were you, I mea-"

"I'm not Sherlock. And I'm not a detective. But I know my best friend." Grace replied. "Tell me."

I shook my head. "Later. Can we just watch the game?" I asked, looking at Grace. She looked at me, her features softening. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. "But your telling me everything when we get home." I nodded. "I couldn't keep it from you even if I tried."

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry about the infrequent updates and all. I know, I'm terrible.

I promise I'll get better at it. I just procrastinate and hold it off. I won't anymore.

I'm so sorry. I feel really bad. I feel like I just betrayed you readers. I'm sorry.

The next update will be out Tuesday. I PROMISE.

Anyway, thanks for reading. <3 I love you guys.

Xoxo,

-Kat

P.S: Thank you for 7k reads. We're super close to 8 too. Thank you. So much. <3