Chapter Seventy Nine: Setting Up

Grace's POV
"A little to the left! No, your other left! GRACE I SAID LEFT!" Emma yelled. I was currently trying to hang a poster for the talent show over the stage, with the help of Emily.

"I'M TRYING!" I screamed back, pulling the poster to my left. "No that's too far!" Emma yelped.

"Ugghhh... make up your mind Emma!" Emily groaned.

"I don't know why Emma gets to yell at people and do nothing. I'm the one who came up with the bloody idea for the talent show anyway." Shawn grumbled, walking into the auditorium carrying a table with the help of Hayes.

"SHUT UP SHAWN!" Emma yelled. "But-" "That's it! Guess who gets 5 extra minutes of sweeping!" Emma retorted, holding out a broom.

Shawn sighed as he walked over, taking the broom from Emma's hand. "Damn it."

"Hey Em?" Cameron called from the other side of the room. "Is this straight?" He was trying to put up one of the smaller posters on the wall.

"Nope, move it over a little." She said, seeming to regain a gentler tone. "To my left?" Cameron questioned. "Right." "To my right?" "No!" "So to my left?" "Right."

"WHICH ONE IS IT DAMN IT?!" Cameron yelled, making us burst out into laughter. "Dude, move it over to the left." Nash said.

Nash was currently sitting crossed legged on the stage below Emily and I, putting change into the money box. "THANK YOU!" Cameron called, taping the poster straight on the wall.

"Okay! Back to you guys!" Emma said, looking back at Emily and I. "Emily, tug it a little towards you." Emily sighed, moving the poster ever so slightly towards her.

"Perfect! Right there!" Emma called. We both let out a sigh of relief, taping the poster up. "Hey." Emily said, climbing down her ladder. "Has anyone seen Sam?"

As if on cue, Samantha flew through the auditorium doors, her arms balancing trays of frozen lemonade and a brown paper bag. "SORRY I'M LATE!"

Cameron chuckled, wiping his hands on his shirt. "What's in the bag?"

"Muffins." She said, trying to catch her breath as she made her way down the stairs past Emma.

"MUFFINS?!" Shawn asked, peaking his head out from behind the curtains. "No! Shawn, you need to finish sweeping!" Emma yelled.

"Pfftt, when there's muffins around? Yeah right." Shawn scoffed. Samantha laughed, handing him the bag filled with his addiction.

"I swear, I think Shawn would choose muffins over me." I smiled. "What?" Shawn asked, his mouth full of muffin. I just laughed, walking over to Sam and taking a frozen lemonade off a tray.

I turned to Shawn, reaching my hand towards the bag of muffins.

He scowled, pulling the bag from my grasp. I raised my eyebrow at him, making him laugh and pass the bag of muffins over to me.

"Wooowww!" Sam said, her face in awe. "This place looks amazing!" "Thanks!" Emma said, giggling as she walked down the steps. "People should be getting here in about an hour and a half so we should hurry up. We still have to do mic and sound checks."

"Sounds good! What should I do first?" Sam asked.

"Uuuhhhh...." Emma said, looking around the auditorium. "Oh! You can start setting up the sound system!" "Yea! Cause I totally know how to do that..." Sam mumbled.

Emma raised her eyebrow at her, making Sam sigh. "Ugh, I guess I can figure it out." She said, putting the lemonades on a table. She grabbed one before  walking onto the stage and disappearing behind the curtains.

"I'll help you!" Cameron called, racing up the steps after his girlfriend.

"Wait, we only have an hour and a half to set up and do sound checks, and it isn't even hooked up yet?!" Hayes asked, walking up to the rest of the group.

"Listen, I said it was going to be done. I never said what order it was going to be done in." Emma said, making Hayes shake his head.

"I'M FINALLY DONE!" Nash cheered, hopping up and sliding off the stage, money box in hand. "There. 30 dollars in even amounts of change."

"Perfect!" Emma smiled. "Now you and Hayes can set up the projector!" She said, pointing up top of the auditorium.

Nash and Hayes nodded, heading behind a door and up the stairs to the tech room.

"So, what can we do?" I asked, referring to Shawn, Emily and I. "Shawn, you still have to sweep, and you two get to hang up more signs!" Emma smiled.

"Uuugghhhhhhhh."

Samantha's POV
"How the hell?" I muttered, messing with the tangled wires of the sound system. Cameron chuckled, sitting down next to me. "Here, let me help."

I sighed, taking a sip from my frozen lemonade.

"What's wrong?" Cameron asked. "Nothing, I guess I'm just worried. This is our last chance Cameron." I said, picking up the wires and starting to detangle them.

Cameron chuckled. "Relax, this is going to work. Emma and Shawn are gonna start singing and the whole school is going to go crazy."

I sighed. "I hope so."

Suddenly, Shawn came behind the curtains, peaking in on Cam and I. I laughed, looking up at him. "May I help you?"

"No, just checking." He said, walking away. "Just checking for wha-" I started, but then it clicked into my mind.

"Oh come on Shawn! Gross!" I yelled back. "Get your mind out of the gutter and keep sweeping Shawn!" I heard Emma yell.

Cameron chuckled, detangling the last bit of wire and plugging it into the wall. He pressed some buttons and plugged in the mics that were already standing on the stage.

"HELLLOOOO!" He called into the mic. "Cameron, knock it off!" Grace called. Cameron just leaned into the mic once more. "Luuuukkkeee, I am your father."

I chuckled walking up to him. "It's actually 'No, I am your father', but close enough." "She's right dude!" Nash called, coming out from the door of the tec room.

"Shut up Nash!"

A/N
HIIIII! This story is coming close to the end, so hang on for a little while longer!

Don't forget to favourite, comment and share this story with your friends! Oh! And don't forget to hit that follow button!

Please be sure to check out Dakota's book 'Always'! She's been working really hard on chapters and has some amazing stuff in the works! Please check it out if you haven't already! (Let's try to get her to 1K reads!!)

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️