Chapter Ninety: Epilogue

Samantha's POV
I smiled as the fresh summer wind flew into my hair. Cameron drove silently beside me, one hand on the wheel and another intertwined with mine.

"I can't believe it's already summer." I breathed, looking over at Cameron. "Believe it baby." He said, bringing my hand up to his lips and placing a small kiss on my knuckles.

"Did you hear that Nash got accepted into the photography school?" I asked. Cameron nodded. "He was so stoked he called me right away."

"I can't believe we're off to university and college." I breathed, feeling as if time was just slipping through my fingers.

"You can't believe a lot of things, can you?" Cameron asked, making me chuckle.

"So... how's Grace?" I asked. We were both avoiding asking the question but I knew we had to talk about it at some point.

Grace, Emma, Cameron and Shawn had applied to the same arts college together, hoping they would all be able to pursue their dreams. Emma and Shawn singing, Grace drawing and Cameron acting.

She had been so heartbroken when Emma, Cameron and Shawn had gotten in and she didn't. Shawn has said that he wasn't going to attend the school if she wasn't there, knowing it would break her heart even more.

But Grace insisted he go, saying that "Just because I don't get to pursue my dreams doesn't mean you shouldn't either".

But, the fact was, Grace had applied to a bunch of art schools, being accepted into some of the best art schools there was.

Sure it wasn't with Shawn, but she knew she had to do it.

So, come next fall, Grace would move to the next town over and go to their school of arts as Shawn stayed here, miles away from her.

"She's a little upset still, but not by much." Cameron said, his eyes fixed on the road. "Other than that she's fine." I nodded, smiling. "Well good."

"So, did you get any news back from the university?" Cameron asked, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen onto us. I shook my head. "No news yet."

I had applied to the university of our town, hoping to get my science degree to become a veterinarian.

"I heard that Hayes got accepted into the university." I said, making Cameron nod. "Yeah, he's becoming a.... actually, I don't know what he's doing." Cameron said, making me laugh.

"He wants to travel the world and write about certain locations, advertising for travel agencies and hotels." I said, repeating what Hayes had told me.

"Emily got accepted too! She's doing a course in marine biology!" Cameron said as we turned onto another street.

"So I'm the only one left?" I asked, making him nod. "You're the only one left." He repeated.

"What if I don't get in?" I asked, clutching at my locket. I had finally asked the question that had been burning into my mind since I applied.

Cameron chuckled. "Relax, babe. You're gonna get in. Plus, even if you don't, there's a hundred schools that will take you." I nodded, trying to calm my nerves.

Cameron looked at me, just for a split second, than looked back at the road. "We all know you're smart Sam. And if they can't see you're good enough for them, then they can suck it." He said, making me smile. "You're the best."

I smiled too, so thankful for how much he's helped me. Without him, I would never be where I am today: sitting in this car, holding his hand and knowing that no matter what happened, I would always have him by my side.

It's scary to think that if I hadn't asked for a tutor that day, and Cameron hadn't made that agreement with our math teacher, my life would be so different right now.

Just the way small decisions can alter your life in major ways scared me, but it also gave me a thrill. There was so much more life ahead of me, and who knew what could happen?

The possibilities were endless.

So weather or not it was 'destiny' or just a series of certain events, I was so thankful to have this boy sitting beside me, screaming the lyrics to 'This Town' on the tops of his lungs.

Thank god I was tutored by the bad boy.

A/N
Taaadaaa!! That's the book!

I want to thank everyone who's stuck beside me throughout this process of writing this book, especially through all it's ups and downs.

You guys are actually amazing and deserve the world!

Oh, and also some exciting news: THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!

Yes I said it!! A SEQUEL! I have no idea what time the first chapter will be out, but I promise you guys it will be amazing!

I already have so many ideas!

Don't forget to favourite, comment and share this story with your friends! Oh, also don't forget to hit that follow button for news and information about the sequel when it comes out!

And, as always, one last time....

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️