Chapter Sixty Nine: I Have An Idea

Samantha's POV
"I mean, he's crazy, right?" I said, laying in Shawn's lap as he scrolled through his phone.

"Crazy, insane, mentally deranged, sure." Shawn said. By his level voice I could tell he wasn't listening.

"I mean, who strangles a high school principal?! Like, is he trying to get himself killed?" I said.

After the incident, I hadn't talked to Cameron for awhile. His parents had grounded him and had taken away his cellphone. Grace has sent me a couple texts that he wants to see me, but I always say I'm busy.

And it's not that I wasn't.

I mean, it was senior year and late April. School was almost over. I had kind of given up hope over the basketball tournament. Basketball season ended awhile ago and the team hasn't practice in months. It ended, no one earning a winning place in the state.

I had just finished a Science project with Grace and was currently writing a English essay on women's rights. Not to mention all the side projects that our teachers gave us.

There was no time to see Cameron. Or time to sulk. I just had to keep my head down and work.

"Sam, he loves you. You know that. Plus, Cameron has anger issues. I say just talk to him, try to reach out and help him through this." Shawn said.

"But how? He's expelled! How am I supposed to fix that?!" I said, throwing my hands up in defeat, almost whacking Shawn in the process.

"About that." Emma said, standing in the doorway of the living room. I screamed, rolling off the couch. "When did you get here?!" Shawn asked, a little frazzled.

I held my hand to my chest, trying to breathe through my small heart attack.

"I came in awhile ago." Emma said, sauntering over to the couch, helping me up.

"How come we didn't hear you come in?" I asked, fixing my shirt from my fall. "That's not important right now." Insisted Emma.

"All that's important is that I think I know a way to get Cameron unexpelled. But I need your guys' help."

---

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Grace asked from the back of the van.

Emma had assembled the gang in record time, except for Cameron who wouldn't come no matter how much Grace begged, shoving us all into the car explaining her idea.

"Yes! Now listen!" Emma said, her eyes on the road. "All we have to do is talk to him. I know our principal, he's not a bad guy. If we can just convince him someway to let Cameron come back, it may bring us closer to our main goal."

"Which is....?" Nash asked, confusion written on his face.

"The basketball tournament you dummy!" Emma said. "Keep up."

"Wait. So, you plan on getting the basketball tournament back on and Cameron back to school just by talking to the guy?!" Shawn asked.

"Yes! It's simple really: killing two birds with one stone." Emma smiled proudly.

"Sounds crazy." Emily replied.

"Sounds impossible." Hayes added.

"It sounds awesome!" I exclaimed, earning a confused glance from everyone.

"Guys, think about it! It's crazy enough to work! We always go for extraordinary fixes; ones that seem impossible. But we never go after the easy ways. I say we stop making this illogically harder and just listen to Emma."

"PREACH IT SISTA!" Emma shouted from the drivers seat, pulling into the school parking lot.

It was a Saturday, the parking lot totally deserted. Except for one car: Principal Eric Davidson of South East High's car to be exact.

I only had a few run ins with Mr. Davidson, but he seemed to be a man not to be trifled with. He had jet black hair and greyish eyes. He was in his late 30's and was widowed by his wife 6 years ago.

Before his wife's passing he was happy and cheerful. But along with his wife's passing, he turned sour. Since we weren't around when his wife was alive, we learned all of our knowledge from The Life Of Eric Davidson, a novel written by:

But we never knew who had written it, the name had been scratched out of the cover. All we knew is a student wrote the book as a tribute to the old Mr. Davidson who helped him out of hard times. Apparently.

Said student hide the book in the depths of the school library, making it a stepping stone into the high school for freshmen to read it. And boy, did we read it.

Of course, it didn't take to long for teachers to realize the book existed and they quickly got rid of it. But, it was too late. People already knew about poor Mr Davidson's wife.

The book didn't hold much valuable information besides that. It only spoke of encounters the author had with Mr Davidson.

The author, unnamed in the book as well, seemed to have daily conversations with Mr Davidson.

After his wife's passing, Mr Davidson changed. He went from being called Mr. Nice Guy or Mr. Hottie (don't ask me, high school girls are creepy) to Mr. Douchebag.

And the legend of Mr. Douchebag wasn't a nice one. He was mean, ruthless and well, a hawk. Feeding on high school kids dreams with one grimace. All I knew, was you didn't want to become Mr. Davidson's target.

And, poor, poor Cameron, became that target.

So, as far as Mr Davidson's history, the chances of him letting Cameron come back to school, were awfully slim.

Almost nonexistent.

Still, I held hope in my stomach as we walked down those empty corridors, walking towards his office.

Nobody knew why Mr Davidson came to school on the weekend. Rumours had it that he hated being home alone more than absolutely necessary. Nobody really knew why.

So, as I turned the knob to the door I always dreaded to answer, along with my best friends, I became terrified.

But, I shoved my fear aside. My basketball team needed me to do this. Cameron needed me to do this.

"Here goes nothing..."

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I'm really busy with school at the moment! A lot of projects are being given and it's driving me absolutely crazy!

But, here you go! Update! Hope you guys liked it!

Don't forget to favourite, share, follow us, and comment down below what you though! Thanks!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️