Chapter Twenty One: Nothing Will Keep Us Apart

Samantha's POV
"WHAT?!!" Shawn yelled, his eyes darkening in anger. He shot Cameron a dirty look and turned to me. "Sam, can I talk to you out in the hallway? Please." He asked through gritted teeth.

I gulped as I nodded nervously, letting Shawn drag me out of the kitchen. "Okay, I'm just going to say it." Shawn said, running his fingers through his hair.

"You're not going to date Cameron. I won't let you." I felt my mouth fall open, as anger filled me.

"WHAT?!! You can't do that! You don't control me!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes. What makes him think he can say that?!

"Listen. Mom said to take care of you while we're here. And letting you date Cameron isn't taking care of you." Shawn said, looking at me. I opened my mouth to object but he shushed me.

"Cameron's a bad boy Sam! He's not good enough for you! Sure, he might seem nice, tell you that he loves you and a whole bunch of other shit. But he doesn't mean it. He's just going to use you like the rest of the girls. Trust me Sam, I know. He's lying."

"HE IS NOT LYING!!" I screamed, tears running down my face. "AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT SAM?! HUH?!!" Shawn screamed back, his face red with anger.

"HE'S GOING TO HURT YOU SAMANTHA!! SO THAT'S IT!! IF I SEE YOU AND CAMERON ALL SNUGGLY ONE MORE TIME WE'RE GOING HOME!"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!" I screamed at him, watching him walk away. I saw his hands clench to fists as he turned around. "I just did."

--- A few hours later ---

After the screaming match with Shawn, I walked out of the house to get some fresh air. My mind was swirling. Anger, confusing, and happiness moulding into one giant boulder in my head.

I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to say. I knew everyone back at the house has heard what me and Shawn said, heck, the whole state must have heard us.

I don't know how I would face them. Face Cameron. Face Shawn. Then I thought of something. What's happening at the house right now? What if Cameron and Shawn got in a fight?

I didn't want to think about it.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. It was Cameron. I gulped as I brought my phone to my ear, nervous about what he'd say.

"H-Hello?" I answered, willing myself not to hang up. "Sam. Where are you?" Cameron asked. His voice was light and airy, making it sound like he had been running. "I'm on 4th Avenue. Why?" I asked.

"Good. Stay there. Don't go back home." He said. I heard heavy footsteps in the background, followed by frantic shouting. I recognized that voice anywhere. Shawn.

"Cameron?! Cameron what's happening?" I asked, my eyes scanning the sidewalks hoping to see him there. But the line cut dead, leaving me alone with my fears.

Shawn's POV

"CAMERON!! YOU GET THE HELL BACK HERE!" I yelled, darting after him. Grace grabbed my arm, making me stop.

Tears filled her eyes as Emma, Nash, Hayes and Emily stared at me, their faces white. "Shawn, SHAWN!" Grace yelled, as I tried tugging away from her.

I had gotten in a fight with Cameron. He started yelling, I started yelling, then the next thing I knew, punches were being thrown.

I calmed down and collapsed on the floor, not able to hold my own weight anymore. Grace shooed everyone away as she sat down next to me.

"Why would you do that?" She whispered, tears still filling her eyes. "You know why, Grace. It's Cameron. He-" but she interrupted.

"No Shawn. It's not Cameron. It's you. You're so afraid that Samantha's going to get hurt, that you won't let her live. Is this about her finally finding someone? Have you forgotten? It's the same with you Shawn. With us." Grace said, anger filling her eyes. She began to stand up, but I grabbed her hand.

"No! Grace. Please." I said. Tears began to fill my eyes but I fought them down. "All you wanted to do was protect her from getting hurt. Well news flash Shawn! She is hurt. And it's your fault." Grace said, slapping my hand away. She then stomped away without another word, leaving me alone.

I put my head in my hands as I let the tears go. I hurt Samantha. I hurt everyone. "What have I done?"

Samantha's POV

"Sam!" Cameron yelled. I turned my head to see him darting down the sidewalk. "Cameron." I breathe running towards him.

We collided in a hug, him lifting me off my feet. I wept in his shoulder as I let myself melt in his arms, safety surrounding me.

"Oh my god Cameron." I said when we pulled away. I traced my thumb across jagged scratches and bruises. His left eye was swelling, beginning to turn purple.

"I'm okay. It's fine." He promised, putting his hands over my wrists. He smiled down at me. Tears filled my eyes again.

"Who did this?" I asked. I very well knew the answer, but I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't. Cameron said nothing, only proving my fears reality.

"Come on." I said, dragging him to a store. I bought ice and a towel for Cameron to put on his eye.

We sat in the stores chairs, silently. Neither of us wanted to talk. We couldn't. We knew it would only make it worse. Our phones buzzed, the screens lighting up with texts from our friends.

Cameron answered a few as I just sat and watched. I couldn't move. I felt numbness take over my body, as my thoughts stung with every painful truth. My thoughts were so loud, I almost didn't hear Cameron speak up.

"Nothing will keep us apart."

A/N
Hey guys! Sad chapter I know. I honestly cried while writing this.

-Why do you think Shawn did what he did?

-What will happen with Cameron and Samantha?

-What's going to happen with Shace?

I also wanted to thank you all for 3k reads!! Thank you! It means a lot that you guys take your time to read this! Like, seriously. There are wayyyy better then this!! I'm really thankful that you guys like my story! I'm not the best writer. :P

Anyway, don't forget to like, comment and follow for future updates!! Love you!!

-Kat