Chapter Eighty Five: Champions

Samantha's POV
"Saaaammmmm...... Sammm..... SAM!" A voice yelled, making me jump awake. I looked into the darkness to see Grace standing beside my bed, smiling like an idiot.

"Ugghhh..." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "What time is it?" "5 am." She said, smiling. "WHAT?!" I screamed, rolling around, getting comfortable again.

"Sam!! Get up!! We have to get ready for the tournament today!!" Grace said, yanking my blankets off my bed. I curled up, groaning again. "But we don't play till 10. Let me sleeepppp!!!"

I heard Grace scoff as she grabbed my ankle, beginning to pull me off my bed. I grabbed the sides of my mattress, stopping myself from falling onto the hard wood flooring.

"I didn't want to have to do this but..." Grace sighed, smiling devilishly at me. "CAMERROON!!"

Oh no.

Suddenly, Cameron whipped into my room, watching Grace attempt to pry me from my bed again. He laughed, making Grace huff. "Help me get her up!"

"Why do I have to get uuupppp?!" I whined, looking at Cameron, giving him the puppy eyes. "Because you're the one who told us to wake you up." Cameron chuckled, grabbing my hips and yanking me towards him.

"Uuuughh!!!" I sighed as he dragged me across the mattress. He laughed, pecking me on the forehead. "What is going on it here?" Shawn asked, walking into my room in grey sweatpants and no shirt.

"They're abusing me!!" I exclaimed, pointing at the Dallas'. "Oh, hey babe." Shawn smiled, rubbing his eyes and looking at Grace. Grace just smiled, coming over to wrap her arms around her boyfriend and giving him a peck on the lips.

"Groooossssss!!" I laughed as I threw a pillow at them, making them separate. Shawn just chuckled, picking the pillow up and whipping it at me harder. "Oh now you've done it." Cameron said, looking at me as I bit my lip in frustration.

"COME HERE MENDES!" I shrieked, running after him, pillow in hand. He yelled, bolting down the hallway. "Ah, sibling love." I heard Grace say as I passed her, making Cameron laugh.

"At least I got her out of bed!" Shawn said as he slid down the banister.

----

I took a deep breath as we rolled up at the school at 6:30. I scrunched up my nose as I took a sip of my coffee, the bitter taste trailing down my throat.

"Okay, we just have to set a few more things up, right?" Nash asked, hopping out of the car with Hayes, Emma and Emily.

I nodded, feeling myself begging to nod off. This stupid disgusting coffee wasn't working. I grabbed the keys to the gymnasium from my pocket, unlocking the doors.

Cameron began to double check the score board while Hayes and Emma made sure the sound system was working after fighting over the damn thing.

Grace and Shawn set up a bit more food as Emily was tapping up some last minute posters. I was emailing the principal telling him everything's a go and double checking on the refs.

After a bit, the clock turned to 7:00. Teams and audiences should be showing up soon. I dribbled the ball on the court, my uniform on and hair up. I dribbled the ball through my legs, switching hands.

Grace was still tying up her hair, currently still in a conversation with Shawn.

I sighed, my eyes focusing on the net. I dribbled a bit more before sprinting to the net, lifting off my feet. I hung off the rim of the net as the ball fell through, Cameron yelling.

"DAMN THAT WAS SICK!" He smiled, making me look at him. I laughed as I lifted my body on top of the rim, sitting on the basket leaning my back against the backboard.