Chapter Seventy: Negotiation And Plans

Emma's POV
"Well, what do we have here?" Mr Davidson asked, looking up from his paper work.

We had all filed into the office, nervously standing in front of a man who decided our whole plan.

"We umm... I..." Sam started, stuttering. She was nervous.

"We came about Cameron." I spoke up, making everyone's heads turn towards me. I gulped.

"Of course you did. I knew that as soon as I saw Ms. Gray here." Mr Davidson smiled. It was a half smile, one of sarcastic origins.

"Listen, I'll tell you exactly what I told his parents, but that's not what you came here for, is it?"

"No sir. We came to try to reason with you." Nash spoke, folding his arms across his chest.

"Reason with me?! Why Mr Grier, I am perfectly in right to expel Mr Dallas." Mr Davidson said, shock written on his face.

"We know. But, we want to make a proposition." Grace said. Mr Davidson's eyebrow lifted in curiosity.

"What kind of proposition?" He asked, folding his hands.

"We know there's enough money for the basketball tournament." I said, approaching his desk.

"There are funds... yes." Mr Davidson said slowly. "But that can be used in multiple after school activities. Why should we put it to the basketball tournament? And in April the very least."

"What if we fundraised the money. No cost on you or the school." I suggested, smirking at my plan in action.

"Emma! We never agreed to that!" Sam hissed. I glared at her, not wanting to ruin the plan.

"What's the catch?" Mr Davidson asked. "Cameron gets unexpelled." I said.

"Absolutely not."

"What?! Why not?!" Hayes asked. Nash hit the back of his head to shut him up.

"What about this; Cameron gets unexpelled momentarily. You get to fundraise the money in anyway possible. Meanwhile, the school will organize the tournament." Mr Davidson said.

"What's the catch?" Sam said, mockingly.

Mr Davidson smirked. "If you fail to raise enough money by the final game, Cameron doesn't graduate. And you all," he said, smiling evilly. "Don't get to go to prom."

"Deal." Grace said.

"WHAT?!" We all shouted in unison. "Excellent! The deal is done! You can leave now." "But, Mr Davidson," Emily said, laughing nervously.

"I said get out."

-----

Samantha POV
"I can't believe we're doing this...." Emma said pacing back and forth hands tangled in her hair.

After Mr.Davidson kicked us out, we headed back to my place and needless to say, we were all a little tense.

"What if we don't get to go to prom?! She said turning to look at me dead in the eyes. "It'll be fine Em, we can do this!" I said, trying to reassure her.

"We just have to fundraise! Piece of cake!" Emily said, smiling.

"But how?!" Hayes asked, throwing up his arms. "It's not like it worked that well last time!"

"Ya, hate to break it to ya, but Hayes is right." Nash replied.

"Maybe Cameron has some ideas?" Grace suggested. I sighed. "I don't know. I haven't really talked to him for awhile. I don't think he'll be happy that we did this without him knowing."

"Well we have to do something!" Emma said.

Suddenly, from the corner of the room, Shawn gasped. "WHAT ABOUT A TALENT SHOW."

We all stared at him for a good 2-3 minutes in complete silence.

"Shawn...." Emma said, breaking the silence. "YOU'RE A GENIUS!!" We all laughed and agreed.

"Okay then!" Emily said. "Lets get started!"

"We have to make posters first!" Emma said. "I'll go to the store and get some Bristol board and markers!" "I'll go with her!" Hayes said, jumping up.

"I'll make snacks!" Shawn said. "Nachos anybody?" He asked. I smiled and jumped up. "I'll help you!"

"Okay, while you guys do that," Emily said, hooking her phone up to a speaker in my living room. "We'll jam out to music!"

We all agreed and got to the work. Shawn and I headed to the kitchen to make the nachos. I piled nachos on a huge cookie sheet as Shawn poured salsa over them.

Of course he had to do the salsa Mendes dance while doing it. I joined him, dancing to the music blaring from the living room.

We both topped the nachos with cheese. "Okay!" Shawn said, smiling at the 3 pounds of nachos we just created. "Umm... how are we going to cook these?" He asked.

"Psh. Amateur." I said, popping the pan in the oven and turning it on. "That's how."

As soon as the nachos were done, Emma and Hayes had come back with the supplies for posters.

We all joined them in a circle around the nachos, getting to work.

"So, entrance fee is 5$ and if you want to compete..." I trailed off, typing on my computer. "Like, 10$?" Shawn asked. We all agreed and wrote it down.

"What's the prize though?" Grace asked. We all sat there, dumbfounded. "Oh!" Shawn said, jumping to his feet. "I know!"

He bolted up the stairs and returned with a huge pillowcase. "NO! NOT MY CANDY STASH!" I said, jumping up and grabbing it from his hands.

"I just bought all of this!" I whined.

"Okay, Sam," Nash said, approaching me. "Would you rather 10 pounds of candy or your boyfriend graduating?" He asked.

"And prom!" Emma piped in. "Fine." I muttered, handing Nash the pillow case.

"Okay!" Hayes said picking up my computer. "Prize: a shit ton of candy." Everyone laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Now we just have one thing left to do." Emily said. "What?" I asked. "Sam." Grace said, looking at me.

"We have to call Cameron."

A/N
IM SO SORRY!! IVE HAD HUGE WRITERS BLOCK AND A LOT OF STUFF HAS GONE ON!!

FIRST, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE, SO THAT WAS TERRIBLE. AND PARTIALLY THE REASON THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF BAD.

SECOND, I MADE VARSITY VOLLEYBALL GUYS!!! MY FIRST YEAR!!! I wanted to try something new and I made the team. So, yay!

Sorry for this extremely late update I am so so so so so so so so sorry.

It's March break rn for me so I'll be updating (hopefully) a lot this week.

So ya. Don't forget to like, comment, follow, and share this story with your friends!

Thank you so much for all the support you give to Dakota and I.

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️