Chapter Thirty One: I Love You

Cameron's POV
"Good game out there man." Taylor said, hitting me on the back. I smiled, nodding.

"Finals here we come!" Aaron said, laughing as we entered the changing room. "Hey, so. I've seen you talking to that Gray girl. What's here name? Susan? Sabrina? Wait, no Sophie." Taylor said.

"It's Samantha." I corrected. "And yeah, I've been hanging around with her. Why?" "Ah, just wondering." Taylor said. Aaron chuckled. "What?" Taylor asked.

"Oh nothing. But, hey, good job man." Aaron said, smiling at me. "She's cute." Taylor nodded, pulling off his sweaty jersey. "So, you guys dating?"

"No, not really." I replied. "What do you mean by that?" Carter said, bumping into the conversation. I laughed. "Nothing. We've just..." I trailed off, not knowing how to phrase it.

"Yo, he's definitely kissed her." A voice said, behind the crowd. "Shut up Johnson." I said, seeing his blonde hair. Everyone laughed. "Okay! Okay. Yeah. I've kissed her a couple times. No big deal." I said, pulling on my shirt.

"Well?" Aaron asked. "When are you going to ask her out?" "I-I don't know." I said, putting my jersey in my bag. "Oooohhh... I see." Taylor said. "Friends with benefits." Carter laughed, highfiving him.

"What?! No!" I yelled, slipping on my sneakers. "I just haven't got around to it yet." I said, walking out. Everyone trailed behind me.

"You better do it quick. Looks like some guy is talking to her." Jack G said, pointing toward a corner.

"That's her brother nimrod." I said, glaring at him. "Well how was I supposed to know that?!" Gilinsky retorted. I laughed. "Whatever. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Alright man. See you later." Carter said.

I sighed, walking away from my teammates. Sam looked up, smiling at me. She met me half way, pulling me into a hug. "You did great today Cam."

"Thanks." I said. "Oh! And before I forget!" Sam said, pulling away from me. "I wanted to give you this."

She reached in her pocket, pulling out a closed envelope. I laughed a little. "What's this?" I asked, beginning to open it.

"Wait!" She said, putting her hand over mine to stop me. "What?" I asked. "Don't open it yet. Open it up at home. Alone." She said, sounding serious.

"Okayyyy...." I said, supremely confused. "What was up with her?" Nash asked, as soon as everyone left. I shrugged.

"I have no idea." I said, looking down at the note. I saw my name scribbled on the front, written in Samantha's perfect handwriting.

The envelope felt heavy in my hand. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this. I sighed, following Nash as he began to walk out of the stadium.

---

As soon as I got home, I headed up to my room. Sam stayed quiet in the car, only whispering to Grace, Emily and Emma. I tried to listen in, but everything was inaudible thanks to the California traffic.

After I had showered, I sat down on my bed, looking at the note. I gulped. Whatever was in this was important. Or was it? Maybe it was a congratulations card? But if it was, why would she say to open it private?

My fingers shook as I ripped open the envelope. I pulled out the piece of paper, black ink scrawled on the page. My heart was hammering as I read it.

Dear Cameron,
I know we haven't been hanging out for very long. I know that you deserve so much more than you lead up to. I know you think you're not good enough for me. I know that we're not even dating, and that this is kind of sudden.

Cameron. I love you.

-Samantha <3

P.S: Look behind you

My face went white as I turned around. Sure enough, Samantha was there, her hands shaking.

"Sam." I breathed, standing up. She smiled nervously, her eyes looking into mine.

"Umm... So..." She spoke, stuttering on her words. "I came here to... I mean... Did you-" but I cut her off, smashing my lips against hers.

She kissed back, putting her hands around my neck. I felt everything slow around us. In that moment, there was only Sam and I.

The kiss ended, Samantha looking up at me. She opened her mouth to say something, but words didn't come. She had nothing to say. She already said it all. Now it was my turn.

"I love you too."

She smiled, bigger than I have ever seen her smile. "Now, I have a question." I said, making her look confused.

"Samantha Gray, will you finally be my girlfriend?" She laughed, but didn't answer. All she did was kiss me.

I'll take that as a yes.

A/N
Heyyyy!! Hope you liked the chapter!! I find it really cute!

THANK YOU FOR 9K READS!! We literally just hit 8k 4 days ago!! That's insane!! You guys are aaammmaaaazzziiiinnng!

I never thought this book would do well. To be honest, I started writing it for my friends and I. But now, I'm writing it for you guys as well! And it shocks me how much you guys love it.

I really can't thank you enough.

I would also like to say that Dakota's intros for her new book are up now, and it would be super great if you guys would check it out!

And, sorry for the late update. I had a huuugggeee English assignment and Science project to finish and I was super swamped with work that in my free time, if I had any, I used it for myself to relax. I'm really sorry and hope you understand.

But, as always, thank you guys for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed. Sorry it was a short one, I'm really busy today.

Thank you.

I love you guys to Pluto and back!

Xoxo,

-Kat