Chapter Nineteen: A Date On The Boardwalk

Hayes' POV
"Everything needs to be perfect." I mummered, looking at myself in the mirror.

I heard a slight chuckle as my bedroom door creaked. I turned to face Nash, his famous smirked played on his lips.

"What'cha doing bro?" He asked, looking at me. "What's with the get up?" He asked, gesturing to my clothes. I looked at him confused.

He just shrugged and sat at the edge of my bed. I sighed. "I'm going on a date with Emma. But it just, has to be perfect." I said, running my hand through my hair.

"Dude, you say that every single time. Relax." Nash said, punching me lightly in the shoulder. "I know, it's just, I care so much about Emma. Like the way she finds the good in everything, always keeps a cool temper, and God, that smile I swear." I said, smiling as a picture of my beautiful girlfriend popped up in my head.

"It has to be perfect. Just like her." I said, grabbing my jacket. I then went downstairs to see Emma. I tried not to gasp.

She wore a black flowy dress with gold details, with a gold locket hanging around her neck. She was gorgeous. She always was.

"Ready to go?" I asked, feeling my palms begin to sweat. She nodded, as she walked outside to the car.

Somehow, even after all this time, I still get nervous around Emma. I still get goosebumps when she kisses me, shivers when she whispers secrets in my ears, and the shocking sensation when we touch.

It's love. I know it.

I smiled and followed her, twirling the keys on my pointer finger.

"So, what are we going to do?" Emma asked, as we pulled out of the driveway. "Well," I said, looking at the sunset. "I figured we could go to the board walk. There's a carnival there. And a ferris wheel."

"Oh my god! This reminds me of our first date." She said, taking my hand in hers. "You took us to a carnival and tried for hours on a game just to win me a teddy bear." She sighed. "You blew all your money so we had to walk home in the rain. But soon after it stopped and a huge rainbow appeared. It was, perfect."

I smiled, remembering that moment. I laughed as a picture of me playing that game over and over popped in my head. "Yeah, I sucked at that game." Emma laughed and nodded. "The person running it looked so sad for you. I'm pretty sure he was just about to give you the bear for free just so you'd leave."

Laughter filled the car as we drove, chasing down the sun. After a while, I pulled into the parking lot of the board walk.

Emma smiled as she hopped out of the car. "So," I said, looking at her. "What first?"

Her eyes lit up as she looked around the boardwalk, eyeing all the prizes. "Omg!" She screamed, stopping in front of a stand, pointing to a huge unicorn stuffy. "ITS SO CUTE!!" She screamed.

"Don't you mean fluffy?" I asked, smirking as she realized what I was quoting. "Too bad Samantha and Grace aren't here." I said, eyeing the basketball hoops.

I sighed as I forked over a dollar bill. "Here goes nothing..."

Emma's POV
I cheered and laughed as I watched Hayes shoot the basketballs. He ended up winning me the unicorn on his 4th try.

I squealed as Hayes handed my the stuffed animal. He laughed at how big it was next to my small frame. "Thank you babe." I said, pecking him on the lips.

"No problem. Anything for you."

---- Two Hours Later ----

"So, did you have fun?" Hayes asked me as we got in the car. I nodded, leaning back against the seat.

Hayes laughed. "Tired?" I just nodded again, letting a huge yawn escape my lips. I heard the sound of Hayes chuckling as I drifted off to sleep.

Samantha's POV

"Okay... Nash. Truth or dare?" Emily asked. We had stopped playing Mario Kart and were currently sitting around playing truth or dare.

We already had to watch Cameron swallow a spoonful of mayonnaise, Shawn put on one of my dresses, and me running down the street screaming: "CAMERON IS AWESOME" for five minutes.

"Umm... How abou-" Nash spoke, but was interrupted by Hayes walking in carrying Emma in his arms. Nash smiled at his brother.

"Have a good time?" He asked. Hayes nodded. "You didn't drug her did you?" I asked, looking at Emma sound asleep.
Hayes laughed. "Of course not. We were walking around and she got tired. Plus she ate a whole bunch of cotton candy."

We all laughed as we watched Hayes go up the stairs to put Emma to bed. Grace stood up while yawning. "Yea, I'm tired too guys. I'm going to bed." We all nodded and Cameron stood up to kiss Grace on the cheek.

Emily left too, followed by Nash. "And then there were three.." I said, looking at Shawn and Cameron. Shawn laughed. "Try two. I'm out." He said, giving me a hug and leaving.

"I guess we should go to sleep too..." Cameron said. I nodded as I watched him get up. "You coming?" He asked me. I just groaned and raised my hands up. "Carry me?" I asked, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." He sighed, scooping me up and carrying me up the stairs. "Goodnight Sam." He said, dropping me lightly to my feet at my door.

"Night Cam. Sleep tight." I said, opening the door to my room. Suddenly, Cameron spun me around. What he did next was unbelievable.

A/N
Cliff hanger!! Sorry! XD

Sorry for not updating!! I know, I suck! I was sick for a few days, and now I got a new IPod so I had to get that all set up! Sorry! I hope the next chapter makes it up!!

I also want to thank you guys so much for 2.5k reads!! It means so much that so many people want to read this!! I try really hard and I hope I'm doing a good job!!

Dakota and I are also working on a schedule for our books so we never stray from it! And so you guys know exactly when somethings going to be updated!

I just want to thank you again for all the support!! I love you loads and loads! You guys really don't understand how much I love you! <3

Xoxo,

-Kat