Chapter Sixty Five: Happy Birthday! Pt. 3

Samantha's POV
After we had finished our cake, the Dallas' mom sent us out to the living room so she could clean.

We had all offered to help, but she insisted Cameron and Grace open their presents.

Nash and Hayes went first. They both got Cameron and Grace penny boards. "Sweet!" Cameron said, pulling out his blue one. "Thanks guys." Grace said, slinging her arm around both of their necks.

"My tuurrrnnn!" Emily said, handing them each a box. She had bought Grace a leather jacket, which looked really expensive, and Cameron a snap back and a hoodie from California.

"Thanks Cuz!" They both said. They shared an awkward glance as Emma pushed her presents on their laps.

"Holy crap Emma." Cameron said. He opened his first. "Oh. My. God." I said, laughing. There, in Cameron's lap sat a huge frame of pictures of Cameron and I.

"TOLD YOU I WOULD MAKE YOU GUYS A COLLAGE!" Emma said, causing everyone to laugh harder. "Oh, don't worry Grace! I made you and Shawn one too!"

Grace's smile dropped as she opened hers. She then began laughing at hers and Shawn's. "Thanks Em." Cameron said, setting the frame on the floor.

"Looks like it's little old me next." Shawn said, handing them their presents. Grace's jaw dropped when she opened hers. "Oh my god, Shawn." Grace pulled out a silver promise ring, one pink gem sitting in the middle.

"Brooo..." Cameron said, pulling out his gift. His was a fancy silver watch. "These must have cost you an arm and a leg!" Grace said.

Shawn laughed. "I worked over time for a bit, but yeah. You like 'em?" They both nodded. "Yea, I like how you buy them expensive things, but you can't even get me food from the kitchen." I said.

Shawn laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Okay...." I muttered. "Hope you like them." I handed them their presents, feeling anxious.

"Oh wow. Sam!" Grace said, pulling out the bracelet. "This is so pretty! Thank you!" She said, hugging me. "We all have one." I smiled, pulling the bracelets out of my pocket.

I handed them to the girls and looked over at Cameron who had just begun to open his. He opened the photo album, two thin pieces of paper falling out.

"Whoops." Cameron said, carefully picking them up. His face went white when he saw what they were. "You bought me tickets to baseball game?!" He said.

I nodded. I had payed a pretty penny for some goods seats at Cameron's favourite baseball team's game.

"Annddd... You can take a friend." I said, smiling at him. "OH! PICK ME!" Nash said, bouncing up. Cameron laughed as he passed him the ticket.

"YES! Thank you Sam!" Nash said, hugging me.

I saw Cameron flip through the pictures, smiling and laughing at each one. "Geez... We were so little." Cameron said. Everyone huddled around to see the pictures.

"Oh look! There's Shawn and Grace!" Emily said, pointing to a picture. Shawn and Grace were sitting at a picnic table, playing cards. By the looks of it, Grace was winning.

"I was always better than you at card games." She smiled. "Yea, uh huh." Shawn said, smirking at her. "I was!" She insisted. "Look at Cameron and Sam though!" Emily said.

Cameron and I were sitting on the ground in front of the picnic table, him pointing at something on my page as I wrote with a pencil.

"Ah, so I guess I always have been your tutor." Cameron said, smiling at me. "Yea. But knowing you back then you probably gave me the wrong answers." I said.

We all laughed, flipping through memories. There was a picture of the guys all together playing football at the beach. There was another picture of me getting hit in the head with said football.

"Look at your face!" Cameron laughed. "Hey! I'm sorry it's hard to be attractive when being smashed in the face by a football!"

"If it's you, it's hard to be attractive period." Shawn joked. I glared and swatted him.

"Shutup, I'm fabulous."

-----

The party lasted a little while, till it was dark out. "Well, I better be going." Emma said, getting up. "Yea, us too. We can drive you home." Hayes offered, getting up from the floor. "Thanks!" Emma smiled. "Night guys!"

Nash quickly leaned over and pecked Emily on the cheek before following Emma and Hayes out the door.

"Are you guys a thing yet?" Grace asked, looking up from her phone. She and Shawn were laying together on the couch, Grace's head on Shawn's chest.

"No? Yes? Maybe? I don't know." Emily said, looking at her. "I think he's trying to take things slow? Especially with everything that's happened since we met."

I nodded. "That's Nash for you. He waits till it's a good time. He'll come around soon though. We all know he likes you."

"You think so? I mean, come around?" Emily asked. I smiled at her, nodding my head. "He always does."

Emily smiled and yawned. "Anyway, it's getting late. I'm gonna go up to bed." "G'night!" We called after her, watching her leave the living room.

I sighed as I let my head fall on Cameron's shoulder. He laughed a bit, looking up from his phone and wrapping an arm around my waist. "Tired?" He whispered. I mumbled an inaudible response as I shut my eyes and listened to his heart beat.

I heard Shawn get up, careful of Grace laying on him. "I should get her home." Shawn said. "Noooo...." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around Cameron's waist.

Shawn laughed at me. "Sam." I sighed as I let my arms fall loose. I opened my eyes to see Cameron smiling down at me. "Night sleepy head." He said, kissing me. I kissed him back gently before I felt Shawn grab underneath my knees, picking me up bridal style.

"You know she can probably walk." Grace said, looking at Shawn. "No I can't." I replied, wrapping my hands around Shawn's neck to lift my head up.

"I'm lazy."

I heard Cameron and Grace laugh as Shawn carried me out to the car, my eyelids falling over my eyes, sending me into sleep.

A/N
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! Just a calm and cute one! Love chapters like these. <3

Anyway, don't forget to like, comment, follow and share this chapter with your friends!

Love you guys!

Xoxo,

-Kat