Chapter Twenty Two: I Ruined Everything

Emily's POV
I stared blankly at the sight of Shawn crying on the floor. I silently closed the kitchen door, turning back to Nash, Emma and Hayes.

"Why is everything falling apart all of a sudden?!" I asked, looking around. Nash sighed, running his hands through his thick long mane of hair.

"It's always kind of been like this. I mean, it was never this bad, but the drama, the silly love triangles, everything. All I can say, is that Shawn doesn't know what he's doing." Nash said.

I almost didn't hear him as I got lost in his blue eyes.

The worse thing is that he knows I like him. I straight up told Samantha right in front of his face. He didn't say anything, didn't act on it, just... Nothing.

It confused the hell out of me. But then again, I guess it couldn't work anyway. They're leaving in 9 days... And, well, I don't know.

Cameron's baseball tournament is happening in 2 days where, hopefully, there won't be any fights.

I groaned running my head. Can't this all just magically fix itself?

"Poor Grace..." Emma said, staring of at the door of the kitchen. "She must be so heartbroken. This is the first time she's actually liked someone. Well, aside from Aaron."

Hayes squeezed her hand and nodded. With that, Emma walked out, going to comfort her friend. "I'll see if I can get Shawn to feel better. I don't know how much it's gonna help but...." He trailed off, not finishing his thought as he walked out of the room.

And then there were two.

"Em, are you okay?" Nash asked, jamming his hands into his jean pockets. I sighed, putting my fingertips to my temples.

"Yeah, just... Confused... Worried. I- I don't know." Nash laughed, pulling me into a side hug. "Don't worry. You'll figure it out."

I laughed silently. "And if I don't?" My voice was shaky, tears threatening to fall. 

"If you don't, I'll be here. Always."

Grace's POV
Heartbreak. Crying. The sudden rush of loneliness. Was this what it felt like? I try, I try so hard to not show emotion. Hide behind a wall. I promised myself I wouldn't get caught up in stupid high school romances.

But here I am, wallowing in pain as Emma and I eat icecream and watch sad movies.

I never thought it was this bad. Cameron, he always shook off a break up. But then again, he never really cared.

He just used them. For their good looks, popularity and even some bets. I never thought it would be like this.

Samantha and Cameron were the furthest things from my mind. All I could think about was him. How he hurt me. Hurt Sam. Hurt my twin brother.

"Hey, I know it's hard." Emma soothed, rubbing my shoulder lightly as I began to cry again. "It'll get better. I'm sure it."

I found that hard to believe. I felt like nothing would repair the broken shards of my heart, stabbing me with internal emotional pain.

"I don't know what to do..." Emma confessed. "I've never seen you cry. Like, ever." I just sniffled in response, staring at the screen with blurry eyes.

I watched couples have better relationships then me. It could never be like the books or movies. It never was.

Never will be.

Cameron's POV
"We should head home. They're probably worried about us." I said, looking at Samantha.

She hadn't said anything in the past few hours. She just stared off out the window, watching cars wiz by and the sun slowly set over the horizon.

My eye had stopped hurting a while ago, the coldness numbing the pain. But then again, I ached everywhere. Emotionally, I was a mess.

It hurt to even think about what happened. Every memory cut like knives. The worst one, Samantha crying.

She had looked so broken, so helpless. She looked like she had no hope left. Maybe she didn't. And now, looking at her stare out the window, she seemed dead to the world.

Lost in the work of her subconscious. I knew first hand that the brain, your train of thought, can be a dangerous place.

Filled with darkness and hate. Guilt, anger. Weakness, tears. But then again, it could also be beautiful. But not in times like these.

Samantha just nodded, standing up. I followed her, grabbing our phones. I shoved mine in my pocket as Sam took her own.

We walked silently, hand in hand. Then, Sam broke the silence. "Why'd this have to happen?"

I'd been thinking the same thing. "Because, life isn't perfect I guess." I answered, trying to avoid eye contact.

Her eyes made me feel guilty, even if I didn't do anything. She looked so vulnerable. I didn't want to take advantage of that.

Sam sighed as she looked forward, her grip tightening in my hand as she spoke.

"It always felt perfect with you."

Hayes' POV
"Shawn, come on man." I said, looking at him. I tried talking to him but he just stayed silent, seeming very interested in his hands.

"Hayes, just stop. It's not worth it." Shawn said, finally speaking. "But-" "HAYES!" He yelled, slamming his hand on the ground.

He had been sitting there ever since Cameron ran out. "I RUINED EVERYTHING!" He yelled, tears streaming down his face.

"I HURT GRACE!! I EVEN HURT MY OWN SISTER! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE?!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!"

I was stunned, speechless. I mean, what do you say to that?

"Listen Hayes." Shawn said, now calming down. "You have Emma. You know that, right?"

I nodded, confused on where he was going with this.

"At one point, there will come a day that you can chose two options. One good, one bad. And don't chose the bad one. 'Cause if you do, it'll be the worst mistake you'd ever make. Emma's a good girl. Don't lose her. Don't make the mistake I did."

And with that, he stood up, and walked up the stairs without another word.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the constant POV changes. Don't know if it was annoying or not.

Everything seems to be going wrong. What will happen next?

I PROMISE THERE WILL BE A NAMILY CHAPTER!! There's just so much to write and not a lot of time for me to write it.

I'm trying to get to it, but I have to make sure it makes since. It'll happen though. Will the relationship work, now that's another question. Guess you'll have to see! ;)

OH! And also, make sure you check out 'Popular Nerd' by Random_Teenager ! Her book inspired me to write mine, so give it some love!

It's honestly a beautiful story and she just finished it yesterday! I love it! And I absolutely love her! One of my fav users tbh! She's just a great person!

Anyway, that's all for this chapter! Thank you for reading these annoying Authors Notes and for commenting and voting!

It really means a lot to me!

Xxx,

-Kat