Chapter Seventy One: Cameron Returns

Samantha's POV
My heart hammered as Nash called Cameron, begging him to come over. After 10 minutes of arguing, Grace got on the phone. It only took her about a minute to get Cameron on his way.

"You okay?" Emma said, coming to sit beside me on the couch. "Huh? Yeah." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"You sure?" She asked, laughing a bit. "It looks like your about to have a panic attack." "It's just, I haven't talked to Cameron since he got expelled. I guess I'm just nervous to see him again." I confessed.

"Sam, its only been 2 weeks." Emily said, overhearing our conversation. "I know! I just, don't want him to think I gave up on him. I haven't made an effort to talk to him in awhile and, well, I think he thinks I forgot about him."

"Have you?" Nash asked. He was standing in the corner of the room, slanted against the corner with his arms across his chest.

It became clear to me in that moment that everyone was listening to me. Their heads spun towards my direction, their eyes watching me. It was almost confusing. Their eyes seemed if they were glossed over. I couldn't read what they were thinking.

"No!" I shouted. I was frustrated, mad, torn apart. Nash looked taken aback, but he kept his composure against the wall.

"I haven't forgotten about him! I love him! Every moment of every day I think about him! I'm consumed by him! I can't easily forget him! He's being frustrating and I don't know what to do! All I know is I don't want to lose him! He's just in the front of my mind, fogging my thoughts! I can't think! I can't breathe! I can't sleep! I can't, I can't." I sobbed, tears falling from my eyes.

During my outburst, I hadn't realized the door opened. And when I looked up, Cameron stood there.

His hair was messed in every way imaginable. He wore black ripped jeans and a navy blue long sleeved sweater. Sunlight spilled from the curtains, splashing his skin with golden light.

His lips were visibly chapped, bags under his eyes. He just stood there. My vision blurred as more tears escaped, everyone staring at us in silence.

"Sam." He breathed. I sobbed more as I brought my knees up to my face wrapping my arms around them, slouching farther into the couch. I felt Emma stand up, moving away from the couch. I then heard footsteps approach me. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

He sat down on his knees in front of me. He grabbed my ankles, pulling my knees carefully from my face. I sniffled as he put my feet carefully on the ground, making me sit up straight.

I had no choice but to look at him now.

I let the tear fall as I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting myself fall into his lap. His arms wrapped around me instantly as he shushed me as I cried into his neck.

"Shh... stop crying. I'm here. I'm not leaving. You're okay." He whispered.

I quickly calmed down, my breathing going back to normal. "Okay." He smiled, his thumb tracing my lips. "Now, do you want to tell me what's going on?"

---

"Why the hell would you guys bargain that?!!" Cameron yelled.

"Well, to be fair, you wouldn't have graduated anyway. You're expelled." Hayes said.

"Not helping." Emma said, glaring at him.

"Look, it was the only way Cameron." Shawn said, holding Graces hand. "Well you could have left it alone and not worried about me. It's my problem." Cameron argued.

"Babe. It doesn't matter why we did it. All that matters is that we did and now we have a way to fix everything. We need your help." I said, putting my hand on his.

"Okay. Okay. Let's see what we've got." Cameron said. It sounded like he was forcing himself onto the idea, but it was the only way. We needed this to work.

---

"So who's going to perform in this talent show?" Cameron asked. "Anyone really." Emily said. "Ya! Plus Shawn can sing something! And I can too!" Emma said.

"Oh man I've got this great comedy act lined up." Hayes said, making me laugh.

"Hey! What's so funny?" Hayes asked. "You? Comedy? Sorry Hayes but the only thing funny about you is your face." I said, smiling.

"OOOHHH BURRRNNNN!!" Grace yelled, making everyone laugh.

"Whatever. I'll show you. I'll be the best one there. I'm gonna win that huge bag of candy." Hayes said, pouting. "Hey, I'll help you bro." Nash said. We'll win the whole thing." Hayes agreed and they high-fived.

"What about magic?" I heard Nash suggest to his brother, before my head spun towards Grace, who was talking.

"I could speed paint something." She said. "It would only take 2 minutes." "Ya!" Emma agreed. "What about you Sam? Wanna do something?"

"Umm... I could do some trick shots I guess..." I said, not knowing anything that would be remotely talented.

"I could do some sort of dance?" Emily said. "Sweet! Now all that leaves is Cameron." Emma said. "Oh no. I'm not talented at anything. Count me out." Cameron said, shaking his head.

"Hey! That's not true! You could do some rapping!" Grace said. Everyone agreed. "Alright, alright. I'll do it." Cameron said.

"Yay!" Grace cheered. "The power of peer pressure!"

"Heck, maybe Grace should be doing the comedy act." Emily said, laughing. "I know Jack and Jack will probably join. They're a sick duo." Cameron said.

"The guys from your baseball team?" I asked. "Ya. Chill dudes."

"Sweet! But, who will judge?" Shawn asked. "Why not the man himself?" Nash asked, a devishly smirk played on his lips. "Your not talking about..." Hayes started.

"Oh yeah. Principal Davidson."

A/N
So, looks like the talent shows going to happen. Boy, won't that be fun. ;)

Don't forget to like, comment, follow and share this chapter with your friends!!! Thank you all so much for the amazing support!

This book is #139 in Teen Fiction!! That's crazy!!!! I know it doesn't sound that much, but out of the millions of stories, that's amazing to me! Thank you so much for that and 138k reads!!

Love you LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS!!!

Xoxo,

- Kat☄️