Chapter Forty Seven: Finally Together And Date Disasters

Emma's POV
I was getting ready for my date with Matt when my phone buzzed.

Sam: Hayes found out you're going out with Matt tonight.

Me: Crap!

Sam: Yeah. Cameron and I are over at their house. Cameron accidentally mentioned it.

Me: Urrgh.

Sam: He says he's sorry.

Me: It's fine, he was bound to find out anyway.

Sam: Okay. Love you! Have fun on your date! 💕

Me: Love you too.

--- End of Convo ---

I sighed as I finished curling my hair. I really didn't want Hayes to find out. At least not yet.

The truth is, is that I still loved him. I probably always will. But I think I need to move on. See what's out there. But it's so hard when you have something so great right in front of you.

I want him back. Believe me, I do. I just can't bear to go back. What if I messed it up again?

I shook my head. No. It's time to focus on the present. Matt.

Grace's POV
"Shawn! Wait up!" I yelled, fumbling through the trees. Shawn had asked me if I wanted to go out somewhere and I said yes.

But I had no idea he'd lead me through a forest.

"We're almost there! C'mon!" He said, pushing aside some branches. I sighed as I followed him, still half annoyed on why he wouldn't tell me where we were going.

"Shawn! Why are you-" I broke off when I emerged through the trees to see a beautiful waterfall.

It almost looked fake. The water was spilling over the face of the rocky mountain and hitting a near by pond a couple of feet down. It wasn't huge, but it sure was pretty.

"Wow." I breathed, taking the sight in. The sun was setting, the colours casting a beautiful reflection off the waterfall.

"This is one of my favourite spots." Shawn said, grabbing my hand and walking me closer to the bank of the pond.

"I usually come here to think. Sometimes life gets rough and you just kind of need a quiet place to think." Shawn said, sitting down. I did the same.

"It's beautiful." I said. He smiled. "It reminds me of you." "What?"

"It's just so beautiful. It's so effortlessly beautiful. It's free flowing, it's spontaneous, it natural. It feels right here. And it feels right whenever I'm with you." Shawn said, looking at me.

I blushed. "Why are you saying all of this?" I asked. He grabbed my hand. "Grace. I love you. I love you so much. I spent days slaving over the perfect way to tell you, to ask you to be my girlfriend. And well, here we are." He said, gesturing to the sight before us.

"I know it's not great. I know it's not this grand event with balloons or something, but-" I cut him off by forcing my lips onto his. He kissed back immediately, smiling.