Chapter Fifteen: I'll Make This Right

Samantha's POV
I felt my whole world shatter before me.

First, I hurt Emily and Nash. And, maybe Cameron. I'm still confused if he likes me or not.

Then, this happens.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to write an email to the principal that I'm probably going to have to delete later." Grace said, walking out of the room, fists clenched.

I felt numb.

Have you ever felt like your whole world was shattering, and the pieces were just... Out of reach?

My cheeks moistened with tears as I silently wept into my pillow. My mind was swirling, a dramatic sea never stopping the deadly waves.

I heard the door to my room crack open, but my mind was to busy screaming, screaming for an answer. A answer that I knew would probably never come.

Soon, I felt a strong arm pull me into a body, hugging me. The hand grazed my back, rubbing it ever so slightly.

I didn't even have to check to know it was Cameron. I hugged back, hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

He just sat there, silent. He didn't speak a word. He didn't have to.

He never had to say anything.

I felt better in his arms. Even though I was still completely depressed, some of that melted away.

We just sat there, completely silent. In exception to my crying of course.

I heard everyone downstairs yelling, saying how 'this wasn't how it was supposed to be' and 'this isn't fair'.

It was sort of obvious that they were talking about the tournament not happening.

I felt my eyes feel heavy, and I knew that the stress and exhaustion from the day had begun to hit me.

Before I drifted off to sleep, I heard Cameron whisper something under his breath. It was barely audible but I still
heard it.

"I'll make this right, Sam. I promise."

--- The Next Day ---

I woke up in an empty bed. Cameron had probably left soon after I fell asleep, and I felt the heat from him slowly drift away and a cold chill go up my body.

I yawned and checked the clock. 10:43 am. I sighed and got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom, showered and got dressed.

Then, I realized something. Grace wasn't in bed when I woke up.. Could she be awake already?

I walked down stairs to find the house totally deserted. Confused, I walked into the kitchen.

There, I saw a yellow sticky note on the fridge door. It read: "Gone out to breakfast, didn't feel like waking you, knew this was the first place you'd check- Shawn <3"

He wasn't wrong. I have this major obsession with food, so.... Yeah.. I made myself some cereal and sat down at the table, pulling out my phone.

I checked the school website, it blowing up with students and parents complaints on how the tournament was canceled. The school had nothing to say.

Suddenly, I got a call from Shawn. I answered it, but the audio was muffled and I heard people talking. He must have butt-dialled me.

I was about to say hello, when I heard Cameron say something. "We have to fix this guys. We just have to."

"How?" Grace said. "The school won't answer anything." I heard Emma sigh.
"There's got to be a way. Sam's absolutely crushed. Plus, Grace is too."

"I am not!" Grace said. "I mean, I'm upset about it, but not crushed." Shawn laughed at that. "You are crushed Grace. I can tell. You can practically read it off your face."

Grace groaned. "Whatever. Just, what are we going to do?"

The audio then turned off, and the call ended. He must have hung up.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. Why can't anything go right for me? My mind still felt numb, but I realized there were more important matters at hand.

Cameron's baseball tournament. It started tomorrow. I smiled as I walked up into my room, searching on the internet for some ideas.

Cupcakes! I'm sure Emma would love to help make those! She always did like baking. I printed off the recipe and went to the store.

I wrote a note first, then ran to catch a bus. The guys had taken the car, so I had to use public transport.

I kind of hated it. But oh well.

I quickly found everything I needed and brought the stuff back home. I smiled to myself. Maybe things were starting to look up. I unpacked the ingredients and walked up to my room.

I found the jersey that said 'Dallas' and some leggings and put them on my dresser. I also looked up this cute hair style that seemed easy enough.

After I had finished preparing for tomorrow, I heard everyone walk in. I jumped up and immediately looked for Emma.

"EMMAAAAA!!" I said, tackling her once I saw her go into her room. She screamed as we landed on her bed.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" She yelled looking up at me. I smiled at her. "Wanna make cupcakes?" I asked.

She smirked as we ran downstairs and started baking. We listened to Marianna's Trench and danced as we made them.

I was happy that things were finally looking up. Even if the whole tournament thing happened, I knew I would fix it.

I knew it.

A/N:
Hey guys!! Sorry for not updating in like, forever! Don't kill me please!

It's march break now, so I should start uploading a lot more! Oh, and sorry for the really bad chapter, I was starting to run out of ideas. But, now I know exactly what I'm going to do for it, so yay!

Oh! And before I forget! THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR 1k READS!! It's a little over 1k now, and it's totally insane!! Thank you for all the support!

Sorry that I've been sort of unactive on the account lately, I'm going to start being more active!!

Thank you again for all the support, loving you all so much!!

Xoxo, Kat