Chapter Sixy Seven: Secrets Unfold

Emily's POV
"What?! How... how is he both?! Isn't that like, illegal or something?!" I asked. Nash laughed. "Never heard of that law before."

"Well, it's... frustrating!" I argued. Sam nodded, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Yeah. You can say that again."

"So... what do we do?" Nash asked. Cameron sighed, staring at his and Sam's hands intertwined on the table. "We go talk to him." He said, slamming his back against the booth.

"Damn it. Why can't this be easier?! The principal already hates our guts." Cameron said.

"Your guts." Sam replied.

"I mean, he's hated us for years!"
"Hated you for years." Sam said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Hey handsome." A girl said, walking over to Cameron. "Keep walking whore, I'm busy." Cameron said, waving her off.

Sam spit out her coffee, shocked and laughing. "Cameron!" I said, looking at Cameron shocked as the girl walked away.  "Shut up Emily." Cameron said. "Bro!!" Nash said, swatting him in the shoulder.

"Cam, babe, what's wrong?" Sam asked, after she finished choking on her coffee. "I... I can't do this." Cameron said.

Then, Cameron stormed out of that small 70's themed diner, leaving everyone 101 questions. Especially Sam.

----

Samantha's POV

I sat there, totally confused. Cameron just, flipped out.

"So... that happened." Nash said, drumming his fingers on the table. "Ya." Emily said. "It did."

I sighed. "Well..." Nash said, looking at me with anxious eyes. "Aren't you going to go after him?!"

"Uhhh... no." I said, sipping on my coffee. "What?!" Emily yelled, earning us glares from other tables.

"I know Cameron guys. When he gets like this you just need to let him cool down first." I said. Nash laughed. "Oh Sam. Oh sweet, sweet Sam. I know Cameron. And if you let him walk out now, he's just going to do something stupid or illegal. Or both."

"I'm dating him Nash, I think I know him." I said, chuckling. "I'm his best friend. He tells me everything."

"Oh really? Did he tell you about the time that we rode out to-" "That you rode out to the middle of nowhere and saw the Northern Lights up on a hill? Ya. I helped him plan that." Nash said, interrupting me.

I growled, not wanting to put up with him while running on 3 hours of sleep and half a cup of coffee.

"I'm going to talk to Cameron."

---
I stepped out of the diner, feeling the wind gust through my hair. I sighed as I called Grace up. "Hello?" She said, answering. "Hey. Is Cameron at your house?"

"Umm... no? I thought he was with you..." she said, listening to someone talk to her in the background. "Ugh. Well, he stormed out of the diner mad about something. Do you know what?" I asked, beginning to get frustrated.

"No. He seemed fine this morning..." she said, trailing off again. "Okay. Grace. Can you please stop making out with my step brother and tell me where the hell my boyfriend is?" I asked.