Chapter Nine: Come With Me?

Samantha's POV
The next day at school, I walked in and was greeted by a smiling Emma and the Griers.

"Hey Sam!" Emma chirped. "Hey." I said, smiling. Nash and Hayes smiled at me.

I smiled at them and hugged Nash. "Hey buddy." Nash said, hugging me tightly. He gave me that nickname when we first met. He hasn't stopped since.

"Hey lion, how's the season?" I joked, playfully mocking his long mane of beautiful brown hair.

"Been good, haven't seen you around though. Maybe you should come tonight." Nash said, finally pulling away.

"Maybe I will." I said finally. I turned to Hayes. "Well, if it isn't the keeper of Emma's heart." I said, fake swooning. I smiled as Hayes started to laugh.

I quickly hugged him too. "Where's Grace?" I asked. Emma shrugged. "I don't know, she said she was going to the school store to bu-"

"WHAT'S UP BITCHES I GOT JERSEYS FOR THE GRIERS FOOTBALL FINAL!" Grace said. Everyone burst out laughing.

Cameron laughed and swayed behind her. "We also got baseball jerseys for the finals in California for my team." Cameron said.

I smiled. For a brief second we looked at each other. He smiled back, making my stomach erupt with butterflies.

It was awkward. I felt the others stare awkwardly between us before Grace threw two jerseys at my head, making them cover my eyes. I was sad and happy. I... felt something.

I shook the feeling off and looked at the jerseys. The football one said: N. GRIER in big bold letters, with the school colours.

The baseball one said: DALLAS in the same bold print and colours. I smiled at them.

I then felt Nash's arm slip around my neck. "Looks like you're wearing my jersey." He said smirking. I laughed.

"Well, duh. If I wore Hayes' Emma would murder me." I said, looking at Emma.

"Damn right." She said, as Hayes wrapped his arm around her and brought her into a side hug.

"This loser is mine." She said, smiling up at her boyfriend and pecking him on the cheek.

"MY OTP!!" Grace screamed, taking a picture. We laughed, as I saw Cameron look at me. I smiled at him as the bell rang.

Nash said goodbye, and walked away. I picked up my jerseys that must have fell on the floor, and stood up.

There, stood Cameron.

"Walk you to class?" He asked. "Sure." I smiled. We were in the same math class so it wasn't a big deal. We were going to the same room anyway.

But I guess I thought it meant something more.

It proved that he was a good guy, a great guy in fact. I don't know, maybe I was thinking a little too much about it.

----

The day went by pretty smoothly. Cameron and I hung out and decided to get hot chocolate after school.

"Excited for the game?" Cameron asked, as he was walking me home.

I smiled. "Yeah. I am. Should be a great one. What about you? You coming?" I asked.

Cameron shrugged. "I don't know, not sure yet." "You should!" I said smiling and playfully shoving him. "Come on. It'll be fun!"

Cameron smiled. "Alright, I will." I smiled and fist pumped in the air. Cameron shook his head laughing. "You are so weird."