Chapter Forty Three: Bromance And Lost Loves

Cameron's POV
"A burger shack?" I asked, slamming the car door. Shawn chuckled. "Not what you imagined, huh?"

I shook my head. "Why are we here?" I asked, looking around. The tables were wooden and run down, the smell of burger grease in the air.

The sign above the building looked one storm away from falling down. Letters had fallen down probably years before, leaving the sign unreadable.

"Well, 1. I'm hungry. Plus, I feel if we're going to be interested in each other's sisters, we might as well get along." Shawn said, walking up and ordering two burgers.

I shoved my hands in my pockets, leaning against a wood post. Suddenly, the post cracked, making me fall over. A big burger advertisement landed on me, knocking out my wind. I heard the laughter of the chefs as Shawn lifted the advertisement off me. "Nice going bud." He said, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and took the hand he held out for me, standing up.

"Burgers up!" The chef yelled, making Shawn walk towards the counter. He got our burgers and walked off to a table. I followed, trying to avoid all the stares that were pointed towards me as 'The Guy Who Got Beat Up By A Sign'.

"Here. Eat up. Best burgers in town." Shawn said, handing me mine. I bit into it and amazement filled me. "Wow. These are so good." I said, taking another bite. Shawn laughed, his eyes shining.

----

I had never realized that Shawn could actually be a cool dude. We were actually getting along quite well and it turns out we have a lot in common.

"You're a cool dude Shawn. You know that?" I asked him, staring at the road as he drove. I saw from the corner of my eye that he smiled.

"Takes one to know one."

We pulled up into the driveway, seeing the girls all outside sitting on the grass. "Oh my god." Grace said, seeing Shawn and I smiling and laughing.

"BROMANCE!!" Emma yelled laughing. "MY SHHIIIPPP!" Samantha yelled, laughing along with her.

"Forget Sameron." Grace said, smiling deviously. "I ship Shameron." I shook my head, laughing. "You guys are so weird." "Well yeah." Sam said, jumping up and smiling at me. "But you love us for that."

I smiled as I grabbed her, pulling her into my arms. "I sure do." I smiled down at her and leaned down for a kiss. "Nope." Sam said, pushing me back. "Huh?" I asked.

"GOTTA CATCH ME FIRST!!" She yelled, bolting across the lawn. I laughed, chasing after her.

Hayes' POV
I sat on the couch, my head in my hands. Tears ran down my face as Nash sat beside me, giving me comfort in my pain.

I felt tiny hands tap my knee. I looked up, seeing Skylnn in front of me. Tears streamed down her face as I sunk to the floor and hugged her. She had finally stopped crying over the lemonade stand, but tears ran down her face for another reason.

"So no more Emma?" She sniffled, looking at me with big brown eyes. "Oh honey." A soft voice said. The voice cut through my heart, breaking it even more.

Emma.

I looked up as Skylnn ran up to her, wrapping her hands around Emma's leg before she knelt down and embraced her.

"I'll always be around. I'll still be hanging around Nash." Emma said. I pushed off the couch, heading up to my room.

Samantha's POV
"Hey guys." I said, catching my breath as I ran into the Grier's house. Emma was hugging Skylnn and Nash was sitting on the couch.

Hayes was no where to be seen.

"What are you doing here?" Nash asked Emma. "I forgot my sunglasses. I think it's in Hayes' room." Nash nodded. He then turned his attention to me.

"What about you?" He asked. "Running away from Cameron." I said. "I give him 5 minutes before he realizes I came here."

"Sam, can you grab my sunglasses? I would but..." She said, biting her lip as she trailed off. I nodded, heading up the stairs.

I sighed before I knocked on the door. "I don't wanna talk Nash." Hayes sniffled from the other side of the door.
"It's Sam." I spoke, my heart somewhat breaking at him being hurt.

Hayes was one of my really good friends. No matter how stupid he was, I will always care about him.

"Come in." He said, his voice muffled by what I assumed was a pillow. I opened the door, seeing Hayes, laying on his stomach, his face smothered by a pillow.

The sight would have been hilarious if he wasn't hurting so badly.

I grabbed Emma's sunglasses that were laying on the bed and sat beside Hayes. I didn't know what to say, so I rubbed his arm sympathetically. Hayes sighed as he sat up.

"How was I so stupid?" He asked, his eyes red with tears.

"I don't know. You didn't have a reason to dump her. Just because she didn't answer some text messages, doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She could have just been busy." I said. I know it probably didn't help him feel better, but it needed to be said.

"I know. I was just... Mad." He said, bringing his hands into fists.

"You have to be aware that she won't be at her phone all the time. She has other friends and she was really stressed at the time. You of all people should be the one to notice that." I said, putting my hand over his.

"I was worried. When she didn't answer me... Ugh." He said, bursting into tears again. "Well you should have told her that instead of getting mad."

Hayes stood up and punched the wall.

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?! YOU THINK I DON'T REPLAY THAT MOMENT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, FIXING EVERYTHING?!! HOLDING HER IN MY ARMS, NEVER LETTING HER GO?! I LOVE HER!! AND NOW SHE'S GONE!" He yelled, his face red with anger.

He then collapsed in my arms, crying into my shoulder. I hugged back, holding him closer to me. "Hayes...." I said, but I had no idea what to say.

"Do you think I'll ever get her back?" He asked, pulling away and looking me in the eyes. "Honestly?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded, wiping a tear from his eye.

"I don't know Hayes. I really don't know."

A/N
THIS CHAPTER MAKES ME SAD!! UGHHHH!!

Anyway guys, after you're all cried out, Q&A Time!! (My favourite):

-Will Hayes win Emma back?

- Provincials? Happening or not?

- Do you ship Shameron?

Leave your answers in the comments below!

Don't forget to follow, favourite and share this chapter and our account with a friend! We'd love a new family member!

And as always guys, thank you for reading this chapter!

Xoxo,

-Kat