Chapter Thirty Eight: I'm Your Father

Samantha's POV
The day had come. It was finally time to leave California. I had woken up early, getting lazily dressed for the plane.

The crisp morning air moved around me, sending chills up my spine.

After standing in the security line for what felt like hours, we had finally made it on the plane.

I sighed, sitting down in my seat. "Sam." Cameron said, sitting down beside me. "I love you, more than anything in this world. You're so beautiful, you're... Sam?"

"Hmm?" I hummed in response. "Sam." He said again. "SAM!! SAMANTHA!!"

I jumped up, opening my eyes to a shirtless Cameron standing beside my bed. "Jesus!" I screamed, putting my hand over my heart.

"What?! My abs shock you that much?" Cameron asked, smirking. "What?! NO!" I said, pushing him away. "You just scared me."

Cameron scoffed. "Suuurreeeeeee.... Anyway, get up. We're gonna miss the plane." I nodded, watching him retreat from my room.

It was all a dream... I groaned. Who dreams about going to the airport and having someone say they love you?

I'm stupid.

I shrugged on a sweater and sweatpants, putting my hair in a bun. I looked in the mirror and realized something. I was wearing the exact outfit I came here in.

Everything has changed since then. Cameron and I, I met Emily, Grace and Shawn... Well. I guess they're sort of the same.

I sighed as I grabbed my luggage and met everyone downstairs. Shawn threw me an apple, heading out of the door. "No time to eat, we're gonna be late."

As we drove, nobody really said anything. I knew nobody wanted to leave. We had to go back to school. We had to get provincials back on.

Emily had to stay for a couple days before moving in with Cameron and Grace, so Nash wasn't really in a good mood.

As soon as we got to the airport, we ran to security and quickly got through. "I WANT AN AISLE SEAT!" Grace yelled, heading on to the plane. "What?!! NO! IM HAVING AN AISLE SEAT! I'm taller!" Cameron yelled at her, chasing her down the aisle.

Grace got to it first, sticking her tongue out at her brother. I giggled silently as I sat down by the window. The sun was just coming up, red, orange, yellow, and pink painted across the sky as people began to board.

Cameron sat down next to me, earning his own aisle seat. "Haha!" He laughed, pointing at Grace. I rolled my eyes and laughed again.

"What?!" Cameron retorted, looking at me. "Nothing." I said, smiling cheekily at him. "Just that you two fight like 4 year olds."

"HEY!! I MIGHT ACT FOUR BUT I COULD KICK YOUR ASS ANY DAY!" Grace yelled at me, earning her glares from the other passengers.

Shawn groaned as he sat down in between Grace and Nash. "Do you guys have to yell? It's 6 in the morning."

I heard Emma laugh at him from the other side of the plane. "Awe, is little Shawny tired?" She said, smirking playfully at him. Shawn glared at her, picking up a magazine from the back of the chair in front of him.

"What do they have to eat on this bloody plane? Oohh!! Muffins!"

I rolled my eyes. Shawn wasn't really a morning person. But he definitely was a muffin person.