Chapter Fifty: The Truth Unfolds

A/N: FIFTY CHAPTERS! :D
-----
Samantha's POV
After the massacre that happened at the mall, all I wanted to do was go home. Shawn said that he'd drive me home and the girls agreed.

I think they continued to shop around a bit more, but it didn't last long because Emily had texted me that they left while we were turning onto the highway.

The car ride was early silent, the pain sinking into my chest. Shawn sent me worried glances as he drove me home. At one point he grabbed my hand and held it as he drove.

I leaned back in my seat and shut my eyes, trying to enjoy the comforting feeling of his thumb tracing my knuckles.

The comfort didn't last long as I remembered that Cameron used to do it before he was constantly busy with Vicky. Before I realized he didn't trust me.

Or maybe he did. I don't know. I think the thought of having a child clouded his mind. I mean, he was so happy. I remember the conversations that we used to have before he got to busy.

He had hope it would be a boy. And how he would treat him so well, taking him to the park. How he would work overtime at his shift at his job just to make sure he would be happy.

How no matter what, they'd be a family. How I'd become a second mother to him and how he'd love me so much.

I had never seen him so happy. He would constantly come up with names for him.

I remember when I asked him what would happen if it was a girl."She'd be my little princess. And I make sure no one would hurt her." He had said, smiling.

Thoughts clouded my head. He was happy. When I told him it wasn't true, he looked broken. Then a wall came up, telling him it wasn't true. That everything he thought would be true.

He couldn't believe me. He shouldn't. They were going to be a family. He was going to have a child. And he would love it so much. They'd have Vicky's eyes and Cameron's hair. They'd have his jawline.

It'd be perfect. He couldn't believe me when I told him it wasn't true. It hurt like hell.

When I got home I just flopped on the couch and turned on the TV. I wasn't really watching it, just using it as background noise as I flip through my phone.

Suddenly, I hear the door open. I looked up from my phone to see Emma.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, sitting down next to me. "Like shit." I replied, leaning my head in her shoulder.

"Oh honey, I know it hurts. But you can't let him get away like that! He needs to know the truth." She said. I sighed. "But how? It's not like he'll believe me anyway."

"He's at Vicky's apartment! Nash told me! We can go over and confront them!" Emma said. "I don't know..." I mumbled.

"You're doing it." She said, dragging me off the couch. "Emma!" I said, wrenching my arm back from her grip. "Sam! You can't let him live a lie! Vicky'll tear you guys apart! Do you really want that?! I know you're sad. I know you're mad. But you have to do this!" She said.

I nodded. "Okay. You're right. Let's do this."

---

Cameron's POV
Vicky and I were just laying on the couch watching a movie when I heard a knock at the door.