Chapter Eighty Three: Meant To Be

A/N: Ha ha, that rhymed

Samantha's POV
"Let's get to counting!" Nash said, setting the giant bucket of money on the counter.

After celebrating our hard efforts in the talent show a couple days ago, Shawn reminded us yet again that we hadn't actually counted the money yet and that technically it wasn't a victory till we had a number.

I guess I was just nervous that maybe we hadn't raised as much money as we thought. What if we didn't have enough? What if we were hundreds short?

I couldn't ignore the burning feeling in the bottom of my gut.

"Okay. But first, I'm ordering pizza!" I smiled, picking up my phone. "Seriously? Can you go one second without thinking about food?" Cameron joked, laughing at me.

"Do you need the number?" Hayes asked, beginning to search the number up on the internet. Grace laughed. "Sam? Needing a number of a restaurant? She's got all the restaurants in the city on speed dial." Grace said, laughing at Hayes.

"Nobody was supposed to know that!" I hissed at Grace, only making her laugh more. "Oh, I think we all knew deep down." Emma replied, joining in on Grace's fits of laughter.

"Whatever, you guys are mean." I sulked, hitting the pizza place's number on my phone. I quickly ordered a large pepperoni pizza, the worker on the other end cutting me off. "Yea and that's on 56 oak?" He asked.

"Umm... yea.... how'd you know?" I questioned. "Oh, you order pizza so much we have your number and address saved." He replied, continuing to tell me that he'd be over with the pizza in 15 minutes.

"Okay, I'm going to pretend that wasn't creepy." I muttered, returning to the group. "Hmm?" Emily asked, looking up at me. "Nothing." I said, shaking my head.

"Okay! Cameron, you get that pile, Shawn you take the one beside that, I'll take this one, and Emily, Hayes and Grace can count whatever's left." Nash said, smiling proudly at his plan.

"What about us?" I frowned, referring to Emma and I. Emma just laughed. "Sam, you know we're the worst at math. You said it yourself, numbers get jumbled easily in your head!"

"Doesn't mean I don't wanna help..." I muttered, feeling a little bit hurt.

"Hey! We can watch a movie! OR PLAY MARIO KART!" Emma suggested trying to lift my spirits. I smiled a bit, nodding. "Okay."

----

A little while later, I went into the kitchen to go get some lemonade when Cameron came up to me.

"You're not mad are you?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. "No. Well, maybe a little." I sighed, trying to be completely honest.

Cameron just hummed and kissed my neck. "We just thought that since you've been under a lot of stress lately that you could sit back and relax for once."

I smiled a bit, taking a sip from my glass. "Well thank you, but I'm fine. Really. I could've helped." I said, turning to face him.

He nodded, mumbling sorry. "Don't be sorry. I think it's cute you're worried about me. Plus, I kinda figured that Emma didn't want to count money so you just suggested that I hang out with her so she isn't bored." I said, trying to make him feel a little better.