Chapter Seventy Three: Nash The Tutor

Nash's POV
"C'mon Zan!" Hayes whistled, grabbing Zan's leash from the rack. I looked up from my phone, seeing them both go out the door.

I finished my cereal, putting the bowl in the dishwasher. Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a text message.

Emily <3: Heeyy!!

I smiled, thumbing in a response.

Nash: Hey! What's up?

Emily: Nothing much. I was wondering if you wanted to do something later. I hear a carnival is dropping by for the weekend.

Nash: Yea! Sounds great! Pick you up at 7?

Emily: Sure thing! See you then! <3

Nash: Later!

I smiled, turning off my phone. "Finally." I muttered. It'd had been a month since the last time I had tried to ask Emily to be my girlfriend.

"I get another chance."

"Another chance for what?" Sam asked, climbing through an open window in the living room. She had her book bag with her, slinging it down next to the fridge as she made her way to the kitchen.

"What the fuck?!" I said, jumping. "Can't you use the door next time?!" Sam laughed.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked. "Glad you asked my friend!" Sam said, slinging her arm across my shoulders. She jerked me down a bit because I was taller, but not by much.

"I am here because you're going to do something for me." "And why would I do anything for you?" I asked, sliding her arm off of me.

"Because you love me," she insisted, waving her hand. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, I need you to help me with this." She said, grabbing her book bag and slamming down a pack of papers on the counter.

"What is it?" I asked, picking up the papers. "Math sheets?" "Yup!" She smiled. "Umm, why?" I asked, puzzled. "Well, ya see Nash, these are extracurricular sheets to up my grade in math." She answered.

"Shouldn't you be doing these by yourself?" I asked. "Well, technically yes, but Mr. Travis said my tutor can help me with some if I need it. And trust me." She said, sliding into one of the stools. " I need it."

"Do I look like Cameron to you?" I asked, not really wanting to help her with math. I still had to figure out how I was going to ask Emily out.

"Well obviously not, but Cameron's still grounded for another week. I tried to sneak into his room when I was over, but Grace football tackled me against the wall. It was not fun." She explained, showing me her elbow.

She had a huge patch on her elbow, blood covering the sides of the bandaid. "Ow!" I said, looking at it. "Yeah. That's what you get when you mix an angry Grace and stairs."

"You fell down the stairs?!" "Yes. But that's not important right now." She said, waving off my concern. "What's important is sheets 1 through 23." She said, patting the pack of paper.

"Ugh. Fine." I said, sitting down next to her. "But you owe me!"

---

"So you take this and carry the 3," I said, writing down on a sheet of loose leaf.

"Hey guys!" Hayes said, coming through the front door. Zan bolted past him, jumping to greet Sam. "Hey boy!" She smiled, falling to her knees and petting him.

"Whatcha working on?" Hayes asked, leaning over the counter. "I'm helping Sam with some extracurricular stuff for math." I replied.

"What about Cameron?" Hayes asked, going to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. Sam showed him her elbow, explaining what happened.

"Huh." Hayes said, not caring that Sam had fallen down a flight of stairs. "Okay. But what does he get out of it?" He asked, pointing to me.

"I don't know. A favour." Sam shrugged, grabbing her pencil and continuing to work.

I smirked, having the perfect plan. I can get her to help me ask out Emily. "Judging by his face, I think you're in for the ride of your life." Hayes said.

"What? I didn't do anything." I said, not so convincing. "Please." Sam said. "You had the whole 'I have a plan' face."

I looked at her confused. "That made no sense." Hayes remarked. "Yes it does. Every time someone in our group has a plan, it all blows up in our face." Sam said.

"You mean you?" I asked. "Oh shutup."

---

"Alright." I said, dropping my pencil on the counter. "We're done." "Hahaha!" Sam smiled, jumping up and dancing.  "This is totally gonna get me a 98 in math."

I chuckled, watching her terrible dance moves. "Thank you." Sam said, hugging me. "Hey, what are friends for?"

"Well isn't this cute." A voice called from the living room. "Cameron?" I asked, pulling away from Sam.

"I thought you were grounded." Sam said. "Eh, I snuck out. Grace went over to hang out with Shawn so I climbed out of my window." Cameron explained.

"That explains the leaves." Sam said, walking over to Cameron, taking out a leaf from his hair.

He smiled, giving her a quick kiss. "So, what's going on?" He asked. "Oh, Nash was helping me with math." Sam explained.

"Oh really? And what does he get out of it?" Cameron asked. I smirked. "Well, you see." I said, pointing a Sam.

"You still owe me a favour."

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the late and short chapter. Been really crammed this past week because of volleyball and everything. I'm sorry!

Anyway, thank you guys SOOO much for reading this chapter! Don't forget to favourite, comment, follow, and share this story with your friends!!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️