Chapter Thirty: Some Memories Aren't Meant To Be Forgotten

Samantha's POV
I could barely pay attention to Cameron's game with all the thoughts I was having.

Was Cameron regretting things? No, he said he thinks he's not good enough. But why in the hell would he think that?

I sighed. He said that it had to do with the events within the past few weeks. I didn't want him to pressure himself to be someone he's not. I didn't want to lose him.

"Sam. Are you seriously okay?" Shawn said, leaning forward to look at me. I nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Everything's fine." Shawn raised an eyebrow. "Now, are you telling me that, or are you reassuring yourself?" He asked, squeezing my leg.

I gulped. "Maybe a bit of both." I said, looking out at the field. Cameron was pitching, his eyes focusing on the batter.

He swung his arm, sending the ball flying to the batter. "Strike One!" The man said, tossing the ball back to Cameron.

I smiled. He loved baseball. That brought me back to my thoughts. But not about Cameron. About basketball.

We still had to figure out how to get the tournament back on. I had almost totally forgotten about it. I doubt Grace has. She was so upset. I'm sure she has a plan. She always does.

I clutched the gold locket around my neck. I always wore it. I remember doing the same thing in the security line, on the way here.

I opened it. I hadn't looked at the picture in a long time. It was me, my mom and my dad. I stared at the man.

I looked a little like him. Had the same eyes. He smiled at my mother. Why'd he leave? Who was he? Where was he?

I sighed and stood up. I was thinking about all the bad things again. All the things that I should forget.

But, like scars, the memory of the pain it caused me will be there. Forever. Just a faint reminder of what I could have had, if things were different.

But, then I would have never had Shawn. I let that lighten my feet as I walked past people, telling Shawn I was just going to the bathroom.

I walked, trying to tell myself it was okay. But, then again, it wasn't. I had completely forgotten about it ever since I came here. I was happy.

But some memories weren't meant to be forgotten. I stood in the bathroom, staring at my complexion.

In it, I didn't see me. I saw a 5 year old girl and her step dad working a lemonade stand. I smiled as I remember the last time I recalled that memory. It was the day I had gotten grounded from the food fight.

I smiled as I remembered Cameron's face during our talk moment before the fight broke out. Now, I didn't see hatred in his eyes. I saw them for what he was truly thinking.

I saw curiosity, mixed with frustration. I saw the moments in my life that I didn't see before. I saw all the times that Cameron was ever mean to me.

I saw regret.

Did Cameron really want to be like this? Or was it an act that he put on to keep his reputation? I began to shake. I didn't see it before, but I had begun crying.

"Sam?" Grace asked, walking into the bathroom. She saw me, crying in front of the mirror. She sighed and hugged me. I wept in her arms, as I told her everything.

Every single thought I had in my mind. And she listened. Because she's my best friend. And I love her for that.

"Your just nervous. Scared. You saw Cameron thinking about you guys as a threat to your relationship. Or, whatever you guys have." Grace said, not releasing me.

"It's okay. Everything fine. Cameron loves you, you know that. Come on, let's get you some water." Grace said, dragging me out of the bathroom and pulling me to a vending machine.

She bought me water, and I finished the whole thing in a matter of a minute. I felt better, but I really needed to talk to Cameron. He deserved to know that he didn't need to change. He deserved to know the truth.

He deserved to know that I love him.

A/N
Hey guys! This chapter was somewhat sad for me to write.

What will Cameron say when Sam tells him that she loves him?

Will they finally get together?

I really hoped you guys liked this chapter! I worked hard on it, and I re-read some chapters to refresh myself of my story. All the memories I said in this chapter have been mentioned in the story.

I pretty much forgot about them, so I figured I would remind the audience of it. Hope you enjoyed!

Oh! And thank you soooo much for 8k reads! I never thought that this book would get so far! Thank you!!

Xoxo,

-Kat

P.S: Thank you so much for 100 followers!! Dakota and I try super hard to run this account! Thank you guys so much from the bottom of my heart!

Oh! And also look out for her story coming soon! It's going to be amazing, trust me!!

Anyway, have a good day/night! <3