Chapter Eighty Nine: Graduation

Samantha's POV
"Mom, seriously, enough pictures! We're gonna be late!" Cameron groaned, standing beside me with his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Alright, alright!" She said, laughing. I smiled as I saw Shawn and Grace start walking out the door hand in hand.

We were all dressed in our graduation robes and caps, excited to get this thing over with.

Honestly, I was so done with highschool.

We all hopped in the car, on our way to the school. Mrs Dallas was going on about how proud she was of Cameron to get valedictorian of our graduating class when my phone buzzed.

Emma: Hey! We're here! Where are you?

Me: On our way!!

"Looks like you can do something other than cause trouble." Shawn laughed, Cameron swatting him in the shoulder. "Hey, thanks to him I got an A in math!" I said, pecking Cameron on the cheek.

"Well, I am pretty amazing." He gushed, making me smile more.

"I see Emma!" Grace said, flipping her off and the rest of the gang as we pulled up beside them. "What a great friend." Hayes joked, pulling Grace into a side hug.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Emily beamed, grinning from ear to ear. "Let's graduate highschool already!!"

We all laughed, following her into the auditorium. Teachers and students lined the hallway to the entrance, teachers trying to get everyone in alphabetical order.

"Looks like we're in the back." Shawn said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded, saying a quick 'see you' to everybody before following Shawn to the back of the line.

I clutched at my locket as the line started to move down the hallway, is finally entering the auditorium. The principal than began calling names to come accept their diplomas.

"Cameron Dallas." The principal spoke, somewhat hesitantly. Cameron smiled as he started up the stairs to the stage. "Yeah Cameron!!" I heard Nash yell, cheering on his best friend as he shook Mr. Davidson's hand.

I laughed as he pulled the diploma away from Cameron as he tried to grab it, making a joke. I saw Cameron grin as he took his seat on the stage, sitting with our teachers and other important members of our school board.

I began to continuously clutch at my locket as the line kept moving, students continuing to get their diplomas. I smiled as each one of my friends accepted theirs until I was next.

I felt my stomach flip and turn with excitement and nervousness. "Sam." Shawn whispered. I looked back to see him 3 people behind me as he mouthed: 'are you okay?'

I nodded, smiling weakly in an attempt to convince him.

"Samantha Gray." Mr Davidson announced, smiling at me as I climbed the stairs to the stage. I laughed slightly as Cameron brought his fingers to his mouth, whistling.

"Congratulations." Mr Davidson said, handing me my diploma. I smiled at him before walking off the stage, taking my seat with the rest of my class.

"Shawn Mendes." The principal said, making me automatically cheer. "That's my brother!" I screamed, making Shawn's face turn red and smile at me.

"I hate you." Shawn mumbled, passing by me as he reached his seat. "You wish you could." I replied, making him shake his head.

The rest of the ceremony went by smoothly, everyone waiting for Cameron's big speech. "And now, a few words from the valedictorian of the class of 2017, Cameron Dallas." Mr Davidson said, making me cheer.

"Never thought I'd say those words." He mumbled into the mic, making the audience laugh as he passed the mic to Cameron.

"Students, teachers, family, friends. I just want to thank you all for coming and showing up to this amazing event celebrating the tremendous accomplishments of the few sitting before you today." Cameron spoke. He made a face at his cue cards, before sighing.

"You know what?" He mumbled, looking up at me. He smiled as he ripped the cue cards in half. Some people gasped as others cheered.

"Lets be honest. 2017 hasn't been the best year." Cameron spoke, making me laugh. "But it has been a great one."

"I've grown attached to new people, got to experience new opportunities, find love." I blushed as people's eyes looked at me.

"So I just want to thank you all for putting up with all my foolish pranks this year. I want to thank my classmates, teachers and friends for never giving up on me, even when I seemed to be the most difficult person to deal with. This is to our futures." He spoke, making the auditorium cheer.

I smiled as I saw him leave the stage, coming down to join the rest of the class for the cap throwing. All of our friends gathered together, buzzing about Cameron's speech.

"Sam." He whispered, pulling me aside as the principal went on about something about our 'commitment' to the school.

"I have something for you." I gave him a confused look as he reached around my neck, unclipping my locket.

"Cameron. What are you doing?" I asked, watching him pop out the old picture inside of the locket.

"I know this reminds you of all the shitty experiences of your life." He spoke, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Even if you don't admit it, this is like carrying a boulder around your neck. And I can't seem to get it out of my head. So," he spoke, popping a new picture in the locket and clipping it around my next once more.

"This is to remind you of all the great times."

I smiled as I popped the locket open and looked at the picture.

There, on one side sat a picture of all of our friends on Prom night, laughing. On the other was the picture of Cameron and I at his baseball game, me on his back kissing his cheek.

I smiled up at him as the principal finally announced what we had all been waiting to hear.

"To the class of 2017!"

I laughed as I grabbed my cap and threw it up into the air along with everyone else's.

Cameron smiled as he pulled me to him, connecting our lips together as caps rained down around us.

"Here's to the future." He mumbled again, kissing me once more. I smiled as I put my hand on his cheek.

"Our future."

A/N
OMG YOU GUYS!! ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER TILL THE ENNNDDD!!!! IM GONNA CRYYY!!!

I hoped you guys liked this chapter! Don't forget to comment, favourite and share this story with your friends!! Oh! Also don't forget to hit that follow button for more updates! (AND POSSIBLY A SEQUEL)

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️