Chapter Seventeen: Baseball Brawl

A/N: Disclaimer: I know nothing about baseball, so I might write some things wrong... Sorry.
----
Samantha's POV
"LETS GO WILDCATS!!" My friends and I scream, as the game signals to start. The announcers voice filled the stadium, as the fans and family members calmed down.

"HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! WELCOME TO THE 5th ANNUAL BOYS NATIONAL BASEBALL TOURNAMENT!!" The man said, the crowd cheering.

"Today, we've got the Wildcats against the Sharks! It's going to a good game, so let's introduce the teams!" The other man said.

"Alllrrigghttt! First up, the team captain of the Wildcats, Cameeerrroon Daallaaas!!" We all cheered. Our seats were right up front, and I smiled as Cameron jumped in the air, waving to the crowd.

They introduced the others and then started introducing the Sharks. Their uniforms were black, making them seem dark and mysterious. I had to admit, it gave me a weird vibe.

I shrugged it off as the game started with full swing. It was close, pretty much tied the entire game.

Near the end, Cameron had hit a home run. I cheered him on as I saw him sprint the bases. Suddenly, I saw one of the Sharks, I'm pretty sure the team captain, hit Cameron in the back with a bat as he was about to go over the final base.

I gasped and stood up as I saw a full fledge fight break out in the field. I put my hands on the railing, but Shawn knew what I was doing.

"SAM!" He screamed, grabbing me and pulling me away from the railing. "You're not going out there! You're going to get hurt!"

I turned to face him, but life seemed to go into slow motion, Shawn's voice a distant buzz in my ear. I saw Grace's face go white as she stared out to the fight.

Suddenly, I bolted. I jumped the banister, life coming back to full speed. I heard Shawn's shouts from the distance as I dodged bats and fists.

The only thing that mattered was Cameron.

I finally got to him to see him lying on the dirt ground. Nobody was near him. I rushed over to him, my heart pounding.

He rolled over, his face bleeding where he must have scrapped it during the fall. "Oh Jesus." I said, looking at Cameron.

He smiled weakly. I heard screams get louder. "Come on." I said, helping him up and getting him far away from anyone else.

"I'm fine Sam, I-" I glared at him. "You're not fine." I said, taking the edge of my jersey and dabbing the scratch.

I sighed as I saw the blood leak through the jersey, leaving my hand bloody. I looked through the crowd, trying to spot someone who could help.

"SAM!" Shawn said, running over to us. Everyone else followed behind him, their faces white with fear.

"We gotta get out of here..." Grace said, looking around at the boys with bats. My head buzzed. I knew what was happening, then I didn't. I was zooming in and out of focus.

"Sam?" Shawn said, waving his hand in front of my face. I could sense it, but I didn't react. The only thing that was on my mind was one thing.

Get Cameron out.

I began to feel dizzy as I looked at Cameron. He studied my face, blood dripping of his jaw. I stood up, wobbling.

"Oh god." Shawn said, catching me from holding me back. "She doesn't look so good..." Grace said. I looked at Cameron.

"Sam?" Cameron asked, worry in his eyes. "Guys, I think she's gonna-" Emma said, but I never heard the last part as my body went limp and my vision went black.