Chapter Fifty Two: Love Advice

Emma's POV
"What do I do?" I mumbled to myself, walking out of the park. I love Hayes, but I'm afraid to go back to him.

I'm afraid to get hurt.

I know that he loves me. I know that I love him. But some part of me is still mad. He freaked out over nothing.

I sighed.

It was a confusing time back then. I was stressed over studying and I was worried about Sam. Hayes was worried about me and... Ugh. Sometimes this whole situation seemed so stupid.

It was stupid.

We suddenly just started to hate each other. We just snapped. It didn't make any sense.

I will always love Hayes. Always. But right now... I don't know. I feel myself miss him more and more. His blue eyes, the way he'd always be able to make me laugh, the way he said 'I love you'.

I loved every single part of him.

I felt my feet carry me on the sidewalk as I thought. I looked up and realized I had walked myself all the way to Samantha's house.

I walked up to the porch and knocked on the door. Sam answered the door and smiled, but immediately hugged me when she saw my face.

I felt tears rush down my face as I buried it in her shoulder.

She let me in, sitting me on the couch. She got me a box of tissues and held my hand. "What's going on?" Sam asked.

I sniffed. "I don't know if I can do this Sam. I miss Hayes so much. But, what if it doesn't work out? I need him. But I don't think I'm ready to go through the whole mess of getting him back."

Sam nodded. "He's like a rose." I said. "Beautiful and amazing, but one wrong move and you could get cut by thorns."

Sam's face looked expressionless as she took it all in. "I think you two should talk about it."

"What?!" I said. "What if he gets mad?! I doubt he wants to see me." Sam sighed and shook her head. "Hayes is miserable Emma. He's been laying in bed all weekend. He wants you back."

I nodded. "I don't know. I'm so confused. I like Matt, but, Hayes... I can't stop thinking about him. His face pops up everywhere. I see something he'd like and then start to text him, but remember why I can't." I said. "I just don't know what to do and it's killing me."

All Sam did was smile. "Looks like you've got some thinking to do."

Hayes' POV
"Nash?" I asked, knocking on his bedroom door. I heard footsteps come towards the door. Nash opened the door, his blue eyes soft.

"Hayes? What's wrong?" He asked. I sighed. "I need advice." Nash nodded and stepped to the side so I could come into his room.

"What's up bud?" He asked, walking past me and laying on his bed. "I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about Emma."

Nash sighed as he sat up. "Listen bro, love is a strange thing." "Don't I know it." I said, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"I say you talk to the girl. Apologize." Nash said. "I don't think she wants to talk to me." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Listen Hayes. You want Emma? Then go get her. You know she loves you." "Not anymore. She loves that Matt freak now." I grumbled.

"Jealousy gets you nowhere Hayes." Nash said. "Let me tell you a story." I groaned. "No, I think you're going to like this one." "If it's anything like the story of you 'accidentally' buying 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies, I think I'll pass." I said. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT THEY'RE SO GOOD! And those girls guilt you into buying them with those pouty little faces of there's!" Nash exclaimed.

"Anyway, not the point." He said, shaking his head.

"There once was a guy who really liked a girl. They were childhood friends. He didn't want to mess up their friendship, so he held off on telling the girl. One day, it sort of slipped out of his mouth. The girl was surprised, but in a good way. They started dating shortly after and they seemed inseparable. They really did love each other." Nash said, finishing his story.

I scoffed. "That was a terrible story." "Not my fault you and Emma didn't have anything interesting happen in your relationship." Nash said. I looked up at him confused.

"Bro, the story was yours. Emma and you. You were so afraid to ask her. And when you did, well, I've never seen you so happy. Listen, this pain you're going through, it'll go away. It will. But listen to me when I tell you this: It hurt because it mattered. And why it mattered, well, that's only a thing you know." Nash said.

"Our story is was more interesting than that." I grumbled.

"Not the point Hayes." Nash said, glaring at me. "Well I'm just saying you suck at story telling." "Listen, do you want my advice or not?!" Nash asked angrily.

"If it's as bad as your story telling, I'll think I'll pass."

"HAYES!" Nash yelled. "Listen man, I know what you're doing. Dodging Emma and the subject of talking to her isn't going to help you."

"I'm just afraid." I confessed. "What if she hates me?" I asked him, a tear falling from my eye.

Nash sighed as he pulled me into a hug. "She could never hate you. Now listen. I think you have to think long and hard about this. One wrong move and you might lose her forever."

"Not helping." I said, smiling slightly. "Aye, it's not supposed to. It's the cold hard truth." Nash said, slapping me on the back.

I nodded as I got up to go back to my room. I really had to think. Not mope around and feel sorry for myself. "And Hayes?" Nash said, right before I closed the door. "Yeah?" I asked.

"I love you man."

A/N
THE EMAYES CHAPTERS ARE GETTING REAL! Sorry it's kind of boring, sort of a filler chapter. :/

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment, like and follow for future updates!

Questions!:

- Do you think Nash is bad at story telling?

- What do you think will happen next?

- If you were in Hayes/ Emma's position, what would you do?

Anyway, thanks for reading this chapter! Love you guys! <3

Xoxo,

-Kat