Chapter Eight: An Actually Ok Guy

Samantha's POV
The days after the dinner with the Dallas' were really quite. Nothing happened at school, Cameron didn't bother me and no kids teased me.

It was kind of like an apocalypse.

It was strange to go from being in detention and grounded, to just a normal, good kid.

I tutored with Cameron everyday after school. It was getting easier, and we were working with harder equations.

Cameron made sure I understood and even made a whole mini test thing. He printed it out and everything.

I was kind of shocked. Cameron went from trying to make my life a hell to now actually being nice to me.

Now, I was sitting in the library, studying for a Social Studies test I had after lunch.

Suddenly, a paper airplane hit me in the head. Confused, I looked at where it came from, but all I saw was book shelves.

I reached down and plucked the piece of paper off the ground and read it.

Hi. -Cam

I smiled down at the note and looked at the book shelves again. There, I spotted Cameron peeking his head out of the end of the shelves and smiling at me.

"Hey." I said, as he approached me.

"Hey, whatcha up to?" He asked, putting his hands on the back of my chair and leaning over me.

"Just studying. Totally forgot to this week and the test is in 30 minutes." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

I don't know how people in movies do it. They'll run their fingers through their hair and not get caught on tangles.

I groaned inwardly as I tugged my hand free of my tangly hair and looked up at Cameron.

My head was leaning against his stomach as I looked up into his brown eyes. He smiled down at me.

"I'm sure you'll ace the test." Cameron said. "Besides, Ms. Daniels tests are easy. It's like she doesn't care and puts random crap on the page."

I laughed at how true it was. "Yeah. That's because she's so busy taking care of her 60 cats." I joked back.

Cameron laughed. It was super funny to make jokes about Ms. Daniels. Mostly because she couldn't get a boyfriend and smelled like cats 24/7. One time she hit on a supply and almost got fired.

It was funny to watch though.

"So," I said, looking down at my notes again. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you."

That made my heart stop. I slowly looked back up at Cameron. "Why?"

"Because I wanted to apologize for being a total dick for the past few days." Cameron said. I sighed.

"Cameron, there's nothing to apoli-"

"Yes there is. I was rude to you and there was no reason behind it." Cameron said. "I'm sorry."

I saw his eyes grow softer as his usual strong face loosened making him look more open. More vulnerable.

Then it struck me. Was Cameron Dallas showing compassion? I felt a smile creep on my face.

"You are forgiven." I said, laughing at how fast a smile grew on his face. "Now help me study." I said, pulling a chair out beside me.

He gladly accepted and helped me. I felt that our connection between each other grow. I felt that maybe we could be friends.

Cameron had been rude to me in the past, and there were things I still didn't quite know, but I thought that maybe it could work. Just maybe.

I went home that day with a smile on my face, a test with an A, and a happy thought.

I told Grace and Emma what I had been thinking, and all Emma did was send me thousands of edits she had made with the ship Sameron on them.

Man this girl had a lot of extra time.

Grace was also talking about Cameron's baseball games and how he was super excited about going to this week long tournament in a couple months. It was a few weeks before our provincials and Grace said that they'd be holding it in California.

"That's really far away." I said. Grace shrugged. "Well, yeah, but the schools paying for it so why not? Plus they let them bring family and friends. So, you know, win win."

"Where are they getting all this money from?" Emma asked.

Grace just shrugged again. "I'm not sure. They were saying they were going to pull something else out of the budget. I'm not sure what though."

Emma's face went white. "It's not your provincials is it?"

I felt my face go white as well. "They can't do that, can they?" I asked, already going crazy.

Grace just shrugged again. I swear she does that all the time. "They can do whatever they want. It's their money. But don't worry about what they're cutting. We're not sure yet. They could just be cutting a dance or something."

I felt myself relax. "Yeah, you're right."

Grace scoffed. "When am I not?" Emma and I laughed.

"I think Cameron's cockiness is rubbing off on you Grace." Emma replied. I just laughed more.

Suddenly, my phone went off. "Who's that?" Grace and Emma asked.

I looked down at my phone. "It's Cameron." I said, semi confused.

I saw Grace raise an eyebrow and Emma start to freak out. "What does he want?" Grace asked.

"He just told me that he couldn't make it to tomorrow's tutoring so he invited me over Saturday. Said he has baseball practice on Friday." I said.

"DDIENDJJMSJSNDNFFJ!!" Emma screamed. "What. Was. That?!" I laughed.

Grace laughed too. "You just screamed in gibberish." Emma didn't seem to care.

"He's totally into you!!" Emma screamed, fangirling. I laughed. "He is not." I said.

"He totally is!! Why else would he text you?!" She screamed back. "Umm, to tell me 'he can't make it to the library after school because he has baseball'?" I asked, reading the line.

"OH COME ON!! READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!" Emma screamed back.

I was confused. "He emailed me. The email only made up one line." I said back.

Emma pouted as Grace snickered in the background. "Whatever."

----

That night, I layed awake and thought about Cameron. I didn't really want to, but I couldn't help it.

He was mean, and now he's nice? It seemed too good to be true. But I didn't want to jinx it.

And in that moment, I thought of something.

Maybe Cameron is an actually ok guy.

A/N
Thank you for reading this chapter!! Please don't forget to hit that little star to favourite this chapter and also comment what you thought!

And make sure to share this with your friends! And also don't forget to follow us for news about our stories and when they'll be updated!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

-Kat