Chapter Fifty Nine: Facetimes And Crazy Cameron

Samantha's POV
A few days had pass between the whole 'friends' ordeal and everything was calm.

I was studying for a Math exam, one I knew no matter how hard I tried or how many numbers I wrote down, nothing would make sense to me.

I'm not stupid. I just can't seem to do mental math without something getting lost. These days you have to know things with a snap of a finger.

And I just couldn't.

I used to be fine at math, great actually. A's and B's averaging most of my report cards and tests. Then something happened and I just lost it.

I shook my head, getting back to the task at hand. That was the moment I realized my phone was ringing.

"Nash?" I asked, confused as his face popped up on my screen. I hadn't heard from him in a week.

"Hey Sam, what's up?" He asked. "Just studying for a Math exam and wishing Cameron was here to decode all this nonsense."  I said sighing.

He chuckled. "Yeah... Sorry about that." "Huh?" I asked confused. Nash furrowed his eyebrows, confused as well.

"He's here... With me..." Nash said. "Wait what?!" I asked. "He told me he was going to play baseball with his friends!"

"Umm...." Nash said, the dumbfounded look on his face more apparent then before. "I'll put him on."

"Hey babe!" Cameron said, smiling at me over the phone. "Hi." I said, less enthusiastic as him. "Oh c'mon, don't be like that!"

"Cameron! You lied to me!" I said, a little agitated. It's not like I was mad he went to hang out with Nash, it's the fact he lied. I would have let him see his friends if he wanted to. I'm not power house crazy.

"No I didn't!" Cameron argued. I looked at him, failing to raise my eyebrow in suspicion. I never knew how people did that.

"Cameron. You're at Nash's house." I stated. "EXACTLY!" He said. I glared at him. "Okay, listen. So, we are playing baseball. ON THE X BOX. And I said I was with my friends. Nash is a friend. Therefore, I didn't lie to you." He said, smiling giddily.

"Nash, what's up with Cameron? He seems a bit too... Perky." I said. "Huh? Oh." Nash said, popping his face into frame.

"He drank like, 5 energy drinks. He's kinda wired right now." Nash said, leaving the frame again.

"Great. Sugar high and he's still a smart  ass." I replied. "Yeah but I'm your smart ass." Cameron said. I smiled at him sarcastically. "Shutup."

"Geezzzz woman! Why are you so grumpy?" Cameron said, taking another swig from his drink. I let that one slide because he was basically drunk on energy drinks.

"I'm not grumpy. I'm just stressed." I answered. "I know something that'll make you less stressed." Cameron said, smirking.

"EWWW!! GUYS!! INNOCENT EARS HERE!" I heard Nash scream. "Not like that!!" Cameron insisted.

"But seriously, your ears are anything but innocent Nash." I said. "You wanna fight?" He replied, stealing the camera from Cameron.

"Let's go bro." I said, laughing slightly. "Dude. It's on. 1 am. The park. Fight me if you have the balls." Nash said, trying not to smile.

"But I'll be sleeping then!" I insisted. "So you're saying you're afraid to fight me? What are you? Some girl?" Nash said.

"Umm... Yes?" I said, sounding more like a question then a statement. "If it wasn't so apparent."

Nash laughed. "Whatever. Hey, I've got an idea. Why don't we get everyone together and have dinner? Haven't seen a lot of you guys in awhile."

"Yea! Set a time and I'm there!" I agreed. "Cool. I'll text you the details when I know when people are free." He said.

I nodded.

"Oh! And do you want your boyfriend back now?" Nash asked. I laughed. "Bring him back when he's sober." Nash chuckled and shook his head.

"Looks like he's asleep now. I'll tell him to come over there probably tomorrow morning."

"Shit! What time is it?!" I asked. "Umm... 12:30 am." Nash said. "Great! Now I have to deal with Cameron's energy drink hangover while completely exhausted!" I said, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Have fun." Nash smiled. "I hate you." "No you don't." Nash replied quickly. "You adore me. You love me. You absolutely, positively-" but I never found out what I 'positively' thought because I hung up.

I laughed at myself a bit, packing up my books.

"Shawn?" I asked, seeing him walk into the back door, attached to our kitchen. "What are you doing out so late?"

Shawn just stopped dead in tracks, his face whitening. "Umm... I was... Getting milk?" He said. "At 1 am?" I said, now looking at the clock.

"Uh... Yes." He answered, fast walking past me. "Oh no you don't." I said, grabbing his arm. "What we're you doing?"

Shawn sighed. "Listen, little sister. It's none of your business but, if you absolutely have to know, I was out buying Grace a birthday present."

"SHIT!" I yelled. "I totally forgot!" Shawn laughed. "Wow. Good job. Forgetting your best friends AND boyfriends birthday."

"Shutup. I still have a week." I said. "Still. What are you going to get them?" He whispered in my ear.

I felt the pressure get to me. I had always been bad about birthday presents. And with Cameron being my boyfriend now... The pressure is real.

"Hey!" I said, catching Shawn before he heads upstairs. "Nash wants to plan a dinner. Says he doesn't know what day, he has to check when people are free."

"Umm... I should be free Saturday." He said. "Annndddd.... What'd you get Grace?!" I said, general curiosity killing me.

Shawn chuckled. "Well, let's just say that I had to order it." He said, completely dodging the question and going upstairs.

"Crap. That means it's probably really nice." I said, knowing that Shawn only orders stuff if it's something he 100% knows he wants.

Something about how shipping was a waste of money and the government was trying to rip him off.

I sighed as I followed up after him, crashing on my bed. I felt the exhaustion of studying for 4 hours take over me, my eyes heavy.

Something however, was keeping me awake. And that was one simple and yet difficult question:

What do I get Cameron and Grace for their birthday?

A/N:
Hey guys! How's your guys' days going?! :)

Comment down below what Sam should get the Dallas' for their birthday!

Don't forget to favourite, comment and share this chapter! And don't forget to hit that follow button!

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Xoxo,

-Kat