Chapter Fifty One: Flashbacks And Realizations

Hayes' POV
I sighed as I woke up, the sun shining in my eyes. I groaned as I slammed a pillow on top of my face.

When am I ever going to stop dreaming about her?

I know it's pathetic; me laying around all day moping. But it's just hard. Letting go of some one you really love. And yea, I get that I haven't totally lost her.

But it felt like it.

It felt like we were so far apart, like she was all the way across the world and I was stuck here, tied down by all the things that made me weak.

My love for her, how I felt when I was around her. And I know that I can live without her. For a relationship to work you have to be your own person. They are not apart of you.

But it sure damn felt like it.

It felt easy with her. Easier to laugh. Easier to smile, easier to pass the hours and feel like it only lasted a second. Easier to breathe.

But here I lay, suffocating in my own self hatred for the harm that I did on our relationship. I don't know why I did it. I was worried about her I guess. I just sort of... Snapped.

I should really get out of bed. I should really shower. I should really get started on studying. I should really get started on a lot of things, but I only felt like laying here.

I needed to get her back. Even if just as a friend. Because even just being able to see her face would free me from the self hating hell that I'm living in right now.

The only one stopping me is me.

I know my weakness. I know my strength. Is it a problem that both of them are her?

Emma's POV
"And then I fell down the stairs, the chair falling down with me!" Matt chuckled.

I laughed. Matt and I were hanging out. We had gotten Starbucks and then decided to walk in the park. He was telling me about the time he was trying to change the light over the stairs in his house.

I smiled as we walked past the playground. "I remember playing here with Grace and Sam when we were kids." I said. I smiled as the memories flooded back to me.

{Flashback. 12 Years Ago}
"I'm the king of the castle!" Sam announced, climbing her little legs on top of the structure. "Not for long!" Grace announced, running after her.

I giggled.

"Wait up guys!" I said, climbing the structure. I chased after them, meeting them in a little tunnel.

We all laughed, laying down next to each other. "You guys are so weird." Cameron said, popping his face in from the holes in the tunnel.

"Cameron! Leave us alone!" Grace whined. "Make me." He smiled. "Don't make me punch you!" Grace threatened. Cameron just grinned. "I'd like to see you try."

"THAT'S IT!" Grace growled, running after her brother. Sam and I laughed, climbing out of the tunnel. We walked over to the basketball court and sat down on one of the benches watching Hayes, Nash and Shawn play.

"You guys aren't that good at this." Sam said, watching them miss basket after basket. "I'd like to see you do better!" Nash said, glaring at her. "Okay." She said. Hayes gave her a ball. She lined up near the small hoop that looked enormous beside her little body.

She then shot the ball, getting it in. "WOAH!" I said. "MOM! DID YOU SEE THAT?!" Sam yelled, smiling at her mom that sat on a bench beside the parents.

"I sure did sweetie! That was a heck of a shot!" Her mom said, smiling sweetly. "Ha ha!" Sam said, sticking her tongue out at the boys. Shawn grumbled.

"I'm going to be an amazing basketball player when I grow up!" Sam announced. "Girls can't play sports!" Nash said. "They can to! And I'll be the best one!" Sam argued.

Hayes smiled as he tossed the ball lightly at Sam's arm. "HEY!" Sam yelled. "Guys. Leave her alone." Shawn said, standing up for his sister.

"I GOT YOU!" Grace yelled as she tackled Cameron onto the grass beside the basketball court. "You suck." Cameron grumbled.

{Flashback Over}

I smiled. Matt gave me a confused look before grinning. "What?" I asked, laughing. "Nothing. You're just cute." He said, smiling down at me.

I blushed.

"Hey, want me to push you on the swing?" Matt asked, his face lighting up.

{Flashback. 6 Months ago}
"Want me to push you on the swing?" Hayes asked me. I gasped and nodded as I ran to the swing.

I laughed as Hayes ran after me. He put his hands on the chains of the swing and swung me back and forth before pushing me into the air. I shrieked.

"Holy crap Hayes!" I screamed, looking down at him. He grinned and pushed me as I reached the bottom, sending me higher in the air.

"Higher!" I screamed, sounding like a 4 year old. Hayes laughed. God I love him.

{Flashback Over}
"Emma?" Matt asked, waving his hand in front of my face. "You okay? You just kinda froze..."

"Umm... Uh. I just remembered that I was supposed to meet up with Sam to study. I... Uh... I gotta go." I said, feeling nervous. "Umm, okay? I'll call you later then?" He said. I nodded and walked away.

Why did I have to think about him constantly? Why did he have to haunt my thoughts? I thought I had moved on. I thought I was okay. But I'm not. I miss him. I miss him so much it hurts.

I needed to get him back. Even as a friend. Something about being with Matt made me uncomfortable. It wasn't right.

I mean, he made me happy. But he actually liked me. I didn't want to hurt him like Hayes did me. I need to figure something out.

And fast.

A/N
Hey guys! I hope you guys liked the flashbacks I put in! Kinda shows you a part of the characters past. I don't think I'll do it that much, but I might do it again sometime.

Anyway, don't forget to favourite, comment and follow for future updates!

I also really want to thank you all for everything. I really appreciate you all so much.

When I originally started this, I had no idea it would attract so many wonderful people. It started off as something for my friends and I to talk about. Something to keep me busy.

Fun fact: The school team being named 'Wildcats' is actually after my school. Not high school musical. xD I didn't even realize that people might think of it like that.

Anyway, sorry to bore you for that long.

Love you guys!

Xoxo,

-Kat

P.S: Sorry for the late update, been busy this week.

Thank you for 60k reads!! Love you guys all so much! I can't thank you guys enough for the support. You guys are awesome!