Shapeshifter

You have been living on the streets since you were 9, when you learned you were a shapeshifter. Now you were 13 You could turn into any animal you wanted as long as you've seen that animal. It was easy when you knew that animal well. Now some might say it's pathetic to walk the streets as a beagle but most people don't beat up beagle puppies walking the streets. You were walking the streets as a puppy when a boy saw you. He whistled and you turned. He had a mischievous smirk with elf ears and curly hair. You could identify his brown eyes. He gave you pitiful look and tossed you a hot dog. You stared as you waited for him to take it back, people may not beat up puppies but they do tease them, a lot. When he didn't pick it up you slowly stepped toward it. One step. Two steps. Three steps. You took one more look at him before reluctantly picking up the hot dog. You ran away. The whole time Leo was wondering why he could see such a human like intelligence in a dogs eyes.
||3 years later||
You made it. Animals had been whispering to you for days to make it. You fought many monsters on the way there. At first all you saw was a field but then you saw an entire camp. Three people who you would soon learn that their names were Frank, Will and Leo ran up to you. As soon as Leo could see you clearly he froze. He could remember, the whiskers and eyelashes matched your h/c exactly. And the eyes, oh the eyes. They were the exact same e/c color. He remembered the human intelligence that was perfectly normal in you eyes. You made it over the property line and started breathing hard. Leo ran over to you and cupped your face pulling yours close to his. You blushed and realized that his face looked familiar. You were still blushing when he let go. "H-hi." You said waving sheepishly. "3 years ago, New York City, you were a puppy!" Leo yelled pointing at you as your eyes widened. "What?!" Frank and Will yelled.
You were sitting with Chiron, Leo, Will, and Frank. "Well you know Pericylmenus?" You asked and they all shot a look to Frank. "He had brother Nestor who was also a shapeshifter, and my mom would always tell me how I would find a great connection to him. When I was 7, my mom died. I was sent to live with my uncle and when I turned 9 I discovered that I was a descendent of Nestor but he stayed in Greece and that I too could shape shift. But uncle kicked me out. When I was 13 I met Leo, as a puppy, but I was starving on the streets and he gave me food. Leo," you looked up at him, "I will be forever grateful for that." You told him. You looked around the room and Chiron was deep in thought and Frank looked pale. Will was just staring off into space. "Dude, are you okay? Your looking kinda pale there." You said. "I-I'm related to P-Pe-Pery-Pericylmenus." He barely managed to say. "So we're related! Somehow!" You said cheerfully. "So who's your dad?" Will finally asked. "Oh, I never knew him. My mom told me that even though they were like opposites that they really liked each other. If my dad was a god he'd probably be the god of light or something like that. Sorry, I'm not brushed up on my greek mythology." You admitted brushing some off your h/l h/c hair off your face. Will got up and sat next to you. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder. "Well if your dad is the god of light, which is Apollo by the way, then we would be siblings!" Will said.
Blah blah blah, claimed by Apollo, blah blah blah, crush on Leo, blah blah blah, friends with Frank, blah blah, start dating Leo. And the rest is history. I will wait for applause.

Where are my applause?