The Princess' Guardian(Yandere!Brienne x fem!princess reader)

(a/n: Can be read as a part 2 to "The Runaway Princess" but can also be read on its own.)

Brienne was protective. No one could deny it. She never let you out of her sight and heaven forbid anyone tried to talk to you, especially a man. Part of you loved that about her, but sometimes you just needed your space. You could take care of yourself. After all, you'd been travelling with Brienne and Podrick for months now and you had been learning to wield a blade.

"I just don't understand, Podrick. Does Brienne not trust me?" you asked as Brienne scouted the camp. "She trusts you, Princess. It's others she doesn't trust. Come on, let's get some practice in while we wait, shall we?" You gave Podrick a wide smile as you unsheathed your sword. The two of you began a dance of thrusts and parries. You laughed every time poor Podrick tripped over his own feet and when your legs got tangled in your dress causing you to fall.

Brienne returned to your small camp just as Podrick managed to land a blow to your arm, cutting it. "POD!" You whipped your head around in time to see an angry warrior stomping toward Podrick. You'd seen Brienne angry before, but this side of her frightened you. Before you or Podrick could say a word, she had her sword out and at his throat. Podrick simply stood there for a moment before using his own sword deflect hers. "Brienne! Pod!" you cried as the two battled. Neither one heard or listened to you.

"BRIENNE! POD! STOP IT NOW!" you screamed as loudly as you could. Brienne elbowed Podrick in the nose before turning to look at you. You shook your head. "Brienne, this is getting ridiculous. It is just a scratch. It doesn't even hurt. You cannot go off on someone just because I get hurt. Now, go wait for me over there!" you demanded with as much authority as you could muster. She glared at Podrick for a moment before doing what you said.

You quickly walked over to Podrick and looked at his nose. "It is most likely broken. Brienne was not holding back, was she?" Podrick shook his head. "My lady Brienne is simply worried for your safety, Princess. I am sorry I cut you." You quickly silenced him. "Podrick, we were training. If it were a real battle, my opponent would not stop to apologize for wounding me." You helped Podrick clean his face before going to speak to Brienne. While you appreciated her concern, you were angry. She attacked Podrick simply because you were hurt while training.

"Would you care to explain what that was all about?" you questioned, your hands on your hips. Brienne was intimidating, but you were fierce when provoked. "You attack Pod without provocation." She looked at you. "He hurt you," she growled out through gritted teeth. "We were training! Do you honestly think you'd be able to do that in a real battle? Stop whatever you're doing to come to my rescue?" Brienne drew herself up defiantly and replied, "If you stayed by my side at all times, you wouldn't be in that situation."

You laughed. "Brienne, you trained me. I am fully capable of taking care of myself because of that." You sat next to her, all anger gone. "Love, I understand you want to protect me, but you can't just fly off the handle at everyone that comes near me. If you do, then you are no better than those people that would attack me." You kissed her cheek and stood up. "And you own Pod an apology for breaking his nose." You left her to her thoughts.

Brienne sat watching you from across the fire. Podrick had accidently caused his nose to bleed again and you were tending to it. Brienne felt something she hadn't until she met you. Jealousy. She tried to fight it as she watched you laughing with Podrick. "Y/N?" she called, causing you to tear your eyes away from your friend. You got up and made your way over to her. "What is it, Brienne?"

"I apologize for my actions. I was...jealous of Pod and worried for you." You gave a little giggle. "Brienne, you needn't be jealous of him. Podrick is my friend, nothing more. Is that why you scare off every man we come across? Because you want me to yourself?" She nodded, not meeting your gaze. "Silly woman," you muttered before turning her head to you. "How many times must we go over this? I am yours and you are mine. No one else matters." You pulled her in for kiss. When you parted, she had a faint smile on her lips. "Now, go apologize to Pod. You scared the life out of him this afternoon." Brienne did apologize to Podrick, but she still never let you out of her sight and she refused to let you train with Podrick anymore.