Comfort From a Brother (Jon Snow x fem!Stark reader)

So much blood. So much death. Every time you closed your eyes you saw it. Your mother and twin brother being senselessly slaughtered. You'd managed to escape and were now headed up to your only surviving family member that you could track down. Sansa was a prisoner in King's Landing and Arya had disappeared. That left your half-brother Jon up at the Wall.

You were nearly frozen by the time you reached the Wall and the stares from the men were not helping you. Finally, a rather chubby young man approached you. "What brings you to the Wall, my lady?" He was polite and you could tell by the way he spoke that he was definitely higher born. "I'm looking for my brother, Jon Snow." The man gave you a smile which you shyly returned. "Jon is your brother? Then you're a Stark. We received word of your family...I'm sorry," he said, his voice laced with a sincere sympathy.

"Follow me. I'll take you to Jon. I'm Samwell, by the way. Samwell Tarly." You introduced yourself as you followed him through the courtyard and up the steep steps into Castle Black. Samwell lead you to a set of chambers and knocked on the door. "Come," a gruff voice called from inside and Samwell opened the door.

"Y/N?" you heard Jon's voice and a familiar whimper at the same time. "Snow? No women at the Wall," the older gentleman said and you assumed that he was Lord Commander Mormont. "I beg your pardon, Lord Commander. Y/N is my sister, though I cannot imagine why she's here," Jon explained. The Lord Commander motioned you forward and dismissed Samwell. "I apologize, Lord Commander. As I am sure you've heard, my family has been murdered. Jon is the only family I have left besides our sisters," you told him.

With a wave of his hand, he dismissed you and Jon. Jon took your elbow and lead you from the room and to his own chambers. "What are you doing here, Y/N?" he asked you. "I-I'm sorry, Jon. I had nowhere else to go," your voice cracked and you couldn't fight the tears anymore. They began spilling over and you felt Jon's arms wrap around you. "It's alright." Your arms went around him and you sobbed, almost hysterically. "Our family is dead. Father, Mother and Robb. Bran and Rickon," you blubbered out.

Jon moved to sit down and pulled you down next to him. He held you and whispered soothingly in your ear. "It will be alright. You and our sisters are still alive and I promise I will do whatever I have to do to reunite you with them." He continued to speak softly to you until you calmed down. "Thank you, Jon." He gave you a rare smile and squeezed you close before kissing your forehead.

ts_k38