Not a Common Whore (Tyrion Lannister x fem!reader)

Tyrion Lannister sighed as he entered Littlefinger's brothel for the third time that week. The first time he'd gone, it had been for the same reason anyone else went to a brothel. That was when he met you the first time. You were a new girl and Tyrion had taken an instant liking to you. He came back the next day and here he was again. He found you in the same spot as always, curled up in a chair, a book in your lap and a look of confusion and frustration on your face as you tried to mouth the words until you looked up at the Lannister.

"Good afternoon, milord," you greeted with a sly smile. "What is that book you keep reading?" You glanced down at the book and then back up at Tyrion, a blush painting your cheeks. Tyrion found it quite amusing that a woman in your occupation would blush at anything. "I, uh..." you began, but trailed off, embarrassed. Tyrion could see the uncertainty in your face. "You don't know how to read, do you my lady?" You shook your head, as the tears welled up in your eyes.

Tyrion was always kind to you, even going so far as to call you "my lady" even though you weren't one. He walked over to the chair while you bit down on your lip to keep your sobs from escaping. Crying wasn't good for business, which Littlefinger didn't take kindly to. He'd throw you out for being a bad investment. "I try, truly I do, but I cannot learn," you told Tyrion when you'd stopped crying. Tyrion was glad to be a Lannister that day. As long as he had the gold, Tyrion could spend as much time as he wanted with you and that gave him an idea.

"Perhaps, instead of our usual activities, I could assist you in learning to read," he said softly. You gaped at the lord for a moment before shaking your head. "Lord Baelish would never allow it. My job-" Tyrion cut you off. "Your job is to keep men happy. It would make me very happy to teach you, Y/N." You looked down at him. You didn't really trust him, or any man for that matter, but so far, Tyrion had been nothing but a gentleman, despite the fact that he paid for your company.

After several moments of contemplation, you agreed and Tyrion began lessons that afternoon. Contrary to what you believed, Tyrion discovered that you were not stupid. You were quite intelligent and could have been a learned woman had you been given the opportunity. You picked up the sounds of letters quickly, much to Tyrion's delight. By the time he left that evening, you could read most individual letters and you promised to practice as much as possible.

Over the course of several weeks, Tyrion came to the brothel every day he could spare the time, making certain that Littlefinger understood that you were to be free for him, no matter what. Every day when he appeared, you greeted him with a smile. Soon, you were reading well enough on your own and your lessons became long, in-depth conversations. Tyrion found himself falling for you more and more every day, something that did not go unnoticed by his father.

"You have been spending far too much time at that brothel, Tyrion. Which whore has turned your head this time?" Tywin asked his youngest son one evening after supper when Tyrion rose to return to the brothel. He turned back to his father, his small hands clenched into fists. "You are a Lannister and you need to start acting like it. Must you consistently run your family name into the mud by throwing in your lot with a common whore?"

"Y/N is not a common whore! She is far more intelligent that any lady I have ever met. She has a mind for politics as well as economics and numbers. She is witty and charming and every man in the world would fall in love with her, given the chance," Tyrion defended you fiercely, surprising even himself. In truth, he'd probably just put you in danger. Tywin shook his head, knowing there was no talking Tyrion out of anything to do with you. Tyrion turned on his heel and made his way down to Littlefinger's brothel.

He found you in your room, throwing clothing into a bag. "Where are you going?" he asked. You jumped at the sudden sound of his voice. "I'm leaving King's Landing," you told him. He cocked his head in confusion. "Why, my lady?" You scoffed and threw your bad down on the bed. "Don't call me that! I am no lady! I'm nothing but a common whore! A woman who has no say over her own body and who is stupid enough to think there was any sort of protection for her kind of woman," you declared passionately.

Tyrion stepped forward, taking your hand in his smaller one. "Y/N, you are not stupid. You are not a common whore. You are so much more than that. If you wish to leave King's Landing, then I will assist you, but I do not wish for you to leave because someone has made you feel this way," he told you. You sank down on the bed. "I...was attacked by a group of men when I went to the market today. They told me that because I was willing to lay down for money, what they were going to do wouldn't be considered rape..."

"Did they?" he asked, worried. You shook your head. "No. Lord Baelish happened to be in the market with Lord Varys and they saved me. I told Lord Baelish that I would not cause any more trouble and I would leave today. He wasn't happy about it." Tyrion chuckled. "I imagine not. After all, you've been his most successful investment the past few months, thanks to your lessons." Then, his demeanor changed into a serious one. "Don't leave, Y/N."

"What reason do I have to stay?" you asked him, not taking your (e/c) orbs off him. "I want you to stay. Not because you are willing to open your legs for me, but because I have enjoyed your company these past moons and I wish to continue to enjoy your company." You smiled at him through your tears. "Thank you for those kind words, milord. I don't know if you mean them, but you have lifted my spirits," you told him. Tyrion returned your smile and replied, "I mean every word. I can't deny that I have feelings for you, Y/N. I may even go as far as to say that I love you."

You blinked at him in amazement. No one had ever said those words to you,especially not since you began working for Littlefinger. You never expected it and you certainly never expected to return those feelings. "I-I love you,Tyrion." You leaned down and wrapped your arms around him. He smelled of wine and old scrolls. You inhaled the scent as if you'd never smell it again.As you held him close, you prayed it wasn't a dream and that Tyrion really did love you. sK;9