We're Not All the Same (Petyr Baelish x Bolton reader)

You watched across the courtyard of Winterfell as your brother spoke with Petyr Baelish. The acting Lord of the Vale intrigued you, but at the same time, he infuriate you. He knew precisely what your brother was capable of and still he practically gave Sansa Stark to him. Petyr bowed his head and turned away from Ramsay. His green-grey eyes found yours almost immediately and he smirked before making his way over to you.

"Lord Baelish," you greeted as respectfully as you could. "Y/N, the younger Bolton. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why you are looking at me as though I have just sent your favorite pet off to slaughter." You gritted you teeth. His voice grated on your nerves. "People are not pets, Lord Baelish. Have you any idea what you've done? The fate you have subjected her to?" you snapped at him, gesturing toward young Sansa.

"And here I thought you shared your brother's unique...interests," he replied smoothly. "So you are aware. You know how cruel my brother can be. Ramsay is not someone you want to mess with." His brows furrowed, but he continued as if your words didn't affect him. "I do not fear Ramsay Bolton. I have given him Winterfell and he has promised to take care of Lady Sansa and leave the Vale alone."

You shook your head sadly. "You do not know Ramsay. He will not keep his word. Just look at what he has done to poor Greyjoy. He has made him a mere shadow of man after so much torture. He even let Theon go once just so he could catch him again. Yet, you believe Ramsay will not harm Sansa? You are as stupid as you look," you told him.

"And should I believe you? You seem more than willing to denounce your brother's character as well as your father's. Why should I take you at your word? Would you protect Lady Sansa when there is nothing in it for you?" he asked you, his eyes never leaving yours. "We are not all the same, Lord Baelish. I am not like my father or brother. When I give my word, I keep it. However, I cannot give you my word about Lady Sansa. I cannot save her from my brother. If you leave her with him, whatever happens to her is on your head."

With that, you turned from him and made your way inside, fighting against the bitter cold of the North. Petyr watched you walk away, realizing that you didn't carry yourself the way your family did. You did not have the arrogance that the rest of the Boltons did. Petyr glanced over his shoulder at Sansa who was speaking with Ramsay. Half of his mind said to take Sansa and run but the other half, the half that screamed self-preservation, told him to leave her there. Perhaps you would be able to protect the young Stark should Ramsay harm her. For now, that possibility would do. Petyr got what he wanted and what you said didn't matter.