The Lion's Spy pt. 2- Always (Tyrion Lannister x fem!reader)

(a/n: read part 1 first or you'll be confused.)

You talked with Missandei as the two of you walked through the halls of the pyramid in Meereen, heading for the arena. Missandei was part of Daenerys Targaryen's council and so were you. It broke your heart to leave King's Landing, but you had no choice. It was either leave or die. You knew you'd be executed for going against Cersei and Tyrion was so angry and hurt by your betrayal, he never would have spoken for you. So, you left and sailed across the sea to Meereen where you met Daenerys. You never thought to see Tyrion again.

You stood behind Daenerys as she watched the games in horror. You never expected her to reestablish the games. They were brutal and borderline cruel, yet here you all were. You tried to hold back the bile rising in your throat. Then, it happened. Jorah Mormont came running into the arena, killing any man in his path. When Daenerys reminded him of his banishment, a small figure you knew well came running in. Tyrion.

Missandei heard the soft gasp that left your lips. "Are you alright, Y/N?" You nodded as Daenerys announced an end of the games for the day and asked her council to go ahead of her into the pyramid. You wasted no time in turning on your heel and practically running toward the palace. You prayed Tyrion had not seen you yet. You weren't certain you could face him.

"Y/N. Just a moment." You stopped as you heard Missandei's steps behind you. As your best friend, she knew something was wrong. You felt the tears welling in your eyes. You didn't think you had any more tears for Tyrion left. "Something is wrong. I have never know you to run from anything, not the way you just did. You did not even acknowledge Khaleesi's words."

You let out a sigh of sadness and frustration. "There are things I've done...things in my past that I am not proud of. The worst act of all was an act of betrayal against the man I loved." Missandei cocked her head in confusion. "Jorah the Andal?" You snorted out a laugh. "No, of course not. It was the Lannister." Missandei's eyes widened. "I see. Will he not be happy to see you?" You shook your head, willing the tears to stay down. "He is the one who sent me from King's Landing."

Missandei placed a hand on your shoulder. "It will be alright. I am certain of it, but we must not keep Khaleesi waiting." You gave your friend a smile and nodded. Taking a deep breath, you followed Missandei to the throne room. "I wondered where you two had run off," Daenerys stated. You curtsied before your eyes found Tyrion's form. He had been facing away from you until Daenerys spoke. Then, he turned and his eyes met yours.

In a split second, you saw a dozen emotions cross his face. Anger, betrayal, pain were all present, but the gazes that caught your attention were the ones of guilt and regret. Why should he feel these things? Daenerys noticed the silent exchange between you and Tyrion and inquired, "Are you acquainted with Lord Tyrion, Y/N?" You simply nodded, knowing it was pointless to lie. Everyone could see it written on your face, clear as day.

Nothing else was said about it while Daenerys spoke to Jorah and Tyrion. Then, she lead Tyrion from the room to speak to him privately. Only then did you release the breath you hadn't realized you'd been holding. "Y/N, perhaps you should go and rest. It has been a rather emotional day, has it not?" You managed a soft chuckle and nodded. "If Khaleesi requires my presence?" Missandei assure you that she would tell Daenerys of your whereabouts. You did as she suggested and retired to your chambers. Pouring yourself a goblet of wine, you sat in your favorite chair and opened a book.

You sat there for hours, enjoying the silence and slowly leaving the emotions of the day behind. Until there was a knock on your door anyway. Scrunching your brows, you rose from your seat and walked to the door. You almost dropped your book when you opened the door and found Tyrion standing there. "L-Lord Tyrion," you greeted, cursing your voice for wavering. "Lady Y/N. I almost did not recognize you." There was a slight edge to his voice, but it didn't sound like anger.

"I am a lady no longer, my lord," you told him, moving aside so he could enter the room. "Well I am no longer a lord, at least in my sister's eyes." You visibly flinched at the mention of Cersei. "Why are you here, Y/N?" You looked down at him. "Where else would I be? I had to leave the place I had come to call home and, after my family discovered Cersei wanted my head, they wanted nothing more to do with me. So, I renounced my title. When I heard of Daenerys Targaryen's great deeds here, I sailed to Meereen and offered myself into her service."

Tyrion walked over to your wine pitcher and poured himself some. The silence that permeated the room was almost stifling. "Why have you come to my chambers, Tyrion? The last we spoke, you told me you no longer had any desire to see me." Tyrion sighed and set his goblet down. He crossed the room once more, taking your book from you and taking your hands in his smaller ones. "I was wrong. I, of all people, should have known what my sister was capable of making others do for her. I knew you were doing what was necessary to stay alive and to keep your family alive."

"If you knew, why did you treat me in such a way?! Did you truly not believe that I loved you? Have you any idea how it hurt me to do what I did just to have you turn around and toss my confession of love to the side?!" With each question, your voice grew louder and louder as you snatched your hands from his. The hurt and melancholy you once felt when you thought of Tyrion had finally turned to anger. Tyrion simply stood there and let you shout. He knew you needed to get it out of your system.

Eventually, you sank to your knees and sobbed. Your fists were clenched on your lap and your head was down. You heard Tyrion step closer to you and you soon felt his hands on your cheeks, gently lifting your face up to meet his watery gaze. "I cannot undo the pain I have caused you, Y/N, but know I did what I had to do to protect you. Because of what I knew, I was also aware that Cersei would not let you live after you refused to be her puppet any longer. I had to get you to leave and I knew the only way to do that was to hurt you."

Tyrion felt the sharp sting of your hand across his cheek. "How could you do that? You could have said something! You could have sent a raven for me! Anything to keep me from thinking you despised me! To keep me from crying myself to sleep every night! To give me hope!" Tyrion rubbed his cheek and nodded. "I know. And for that, I do apologize. I will not apologize for getting you away from my sister. I only hope you forgive me for the words I used to accomplish that feat."

Yousniffled and whispered, "You stupid man. I will always forgive you."You pulled him to you and hugged him close, relishing in the feeling of havinghim in your arms. You felt him press a kiss into your hair and you smiledthrough the tears that now refused to stop falling. "I also hope you allowme to return the sentiments you gave me when we saw each other last. I do loveyou, Y/N." You hugged him tighter, if that was possible, and whispered,"I love you too, Tyrion. Always."