Crash Landing (Jon Snow x reader)

(a/n: this was an odd request. The reader is a winged alien.)

The first thing you were aware of was the pain in your head. The second thing you noticed was the loss of weight from your wings. They were definitely damaged. The third thing you noticed was that you were not alone. Your eyes widened as you felt like someone was watching you. You turned slowly and looked around.

Your landing had caused a small crater and, standing at the edge of the crater, sword in hand, was a young man. He had dark curls that matched his dark eyes. You turned to face him completely. His eyes widened and his face turned red. You cocked your head to the side, unsure of why he reacted that way. Then you looked down and realized you were naked. Great. You took a step toward him, but immediately fell. Your face contorted in confusion. You certainly weren't home anymore.

You felt something wrap around your arm and you looked up to see the young man. He had a gentle grip on your arm. "Are you alright?" You opened your mouth to answer him, but all that came out was a garbled mess. His brows furrowed and he shook his head. So, you didn't speak his language. That was just great, but at least you understood it when he spoke. You nodded to indicate that you were alright, but when you tried to step again, you fell once more.

It seemed as though your wings were more damaged that you thought. You let out a sound of frustration. The young man looked at you sympathetically. He took off his heavy cloak and wrapped it around you. You would have thanked him if you could have."Do you have a name?" he asked you and you nodded. You tried to tell him, but once again, he couldn't understand you. He waved his hands to get you to stop.

"You can understand me, can't you?" You nodded and he sighed. "At least we have that in our favor. My name is Jon. I have to have something to call you." He thought for a moment, his dark eyes occasionally flicking back to you. "Y/N. May I call you Y/N?" You nodded, happily. At least he'd have something to call you. "Good. Y/N, I need to return to the Wall." Your eyes widened in fear. He wouldn't leave you out here alone, would he?

He began to walk away, but looked back over his shoulder. "Are you coming?" You quickly tried to follow him, but the damage to your wings made you lose your balance. Jon sighed and came back to where you were. Avoiding your wings as best as he could, Jon scooped you up in his arms and carried you away from the small crater.

You stayed with Jon at the Wall for several weeks while your wings healed. When Jon had first carried you in, the other Brothers stared in disbelief. You couldn't blame them. It seemed none of them had wings. Nor had any of them just randomly appeared in a crater after falling from the sky. Jon explained the situation and they all agreed that they couldn't leave you out in the wild to fend for yourself, especially while you were injured. So, they let you stay.

While your wings were healing, you observed everyone and everything you could and you learned. You were like a sponge and Jon was impressed. He took care of you, making sure you stayed out of places you shouldn't go and you didn't do anything to harm yourself further. Eventually, he even began teaching you his language. You tried your best and soon, you were able to speak a little bit.

"Jon," your voice was hesitant, as always when you tried to speak. You had to seriously think before talking so you wouldn't try to talk to him in your language. He looked up from his scroll. "What is it?" You smiled at him. "I...would like to...thank you." He looked at you in surprise. You were examining your wings that were now fuller and healed. "For what?"

"For saving me. You could...have left me. You did not. You care for me and p-protected me," you explained as Jon waited patiently for you to speak. He simply shrugged. "You do not need to thank me." You felt your face scrunch. "I do. I have seen how the others behave. Many of them would have left me to die." Jon observed how your wings changed color with your mood. It no longer shocked him. They had been doing that since they began healing.

Jon had no idea where you had come from, nor how you would get back. He didn't know why you had wings that changed color with your emotions and he didn't know why he'd bothered to help you. What he did know was that he was glad. Over the weeks you had been at the Wall, you had become a friend to the odd man out. You remained positive even though you were in an unfamiliar place. Jon gave you a rare smile and you returned it. You were grateful for whatever had caused you to crash on this unknown land. Even though it caused you pain, it gained you a friend.