On The Run (Jaqen H'ghar x fem!Baratheon reader)

You trusted Jaqen, although now you weren't sure why. You were trapped in the back of a wagon, dressed as man. Jaqen was with you, but so were two or three other men. Rapists and murderers. You were beginning to question Jaqen's sanity, if you were honest. This had been his plan to get you out of King's Landing. To get you away from your mother who wanted you dead.

You were the only true-born daughter of King Robert Baratheon, his only rightful heir to the Iron Throne of Westeros and your mother hated you for it. Your father must have known because, days before his death, he hired Jaqen H'ghar as your personal guard. Now that he was gone, your mother wanted you dead to ensure your younger brother's claim to the throne and Jaqen had come up with a plan to smuggle you out of the city.

He hadn't intended on the two of you being taken prisoner and thrown into a cart headed for the Wall, but he decided that perhaps it was the best way. You kept yourself curled in the corner away from everyone that wasn't Jaqen and ignored the vile things coming from the mouths of these men. Outside of the cage you were trapped in, several young boys walked alongside. One of the smaller brunette ones would come and talk to you and Jaqen on occasion.

One night, the carriage stopped and you stiffened when you heard the voices of some knights from King's Landing. Jaqen placed a hand on your shoulder and whispered in your ear, "A woman must remain calm." You nodded once just before chaos ensued. The knights began attacking and Jaqen whispered to the little brunette. The boy freed you all. The rapists and murders took off, but Jaqen fought after telling you to hide.

That had been many moons ago. After the battle, you and Jaqen had run to Harrenhal. You weren't there long before you ran into the little boy yet again, only this time, you had actually recognized her as Arya Stark. Jaqen helped Arya and two boys escape before venturing onward. He attempted to say farewell to all of you, but you had insisted on going with him to Braavos. After much debate, Jaqen agreed and you left with him. Now, you resided in Braavos in the House of the Many-Faced God. You were a Faceless Man, just like Jaqen. You no longer had to be on the run.

Jaqen trained you himself and now, you were as dangerous as he was. The two of you did your jobs and did them well, but there were two things that you did not count on. One was the return of Arya Stark in your lives. She appeared one day out of the blue. Like you, she wanted to join the Order of the Faceless Men. Jaqen saw her potential and started her training.

"Does a man believe a girl can serve the Many-Faced God?" you asked him one evening. You were taking a walk around the place you called home. "A girl has many strengths," he replied, not really answering your question, but not ignoring either. You chuckled softly, causing his blue eyes to flicker to your face. You stopped walking and looked up at him, the electricity between you was nearly tangible, as it always was.

That was the second thing you hadn't counted on. Feelings for one another that couldn't and wouldn't be ignored. You had been trying for months to push away those feelings and so had Jaqen, but apparently, they would not be repressed that night. "Jaqen," you barely had time to whisper before his lips were on yours. "I knew it!" a small voice cried, causing the two of you to break apart.

Arya appeared from behind a stone pillar, a look of utter satisfaction on her face. You quirked a brow and she said, "I knew there was something going on between you." You took a step away from Jaqen. You were more confused than you had ever been. Other than the obvious attraction to the man, was there really anything between you and Jaqen? You didn't know. "A girl should retire to her chambers," Jaqen said, "A man wishes to speak to the woman alone."

As soon as Arya was gone, Jaqen laid a hand on your shoulder. You gazed back up at him through your lashes. Your emotions, that you worked so hard to keep controlled, were going haywire. You loved him, but at the same time, you didn't know what love was. You felt nothing for him yet everything at the same time. Now you felt the need to run from everything you were feeling. As you stared at Jaqen, you knew you needed to get away from him.

Before you could move, Jaqen's hand wrapped around your upper arm, gently keeping you in place. "Why does a woman wish to flee from this one?" he asked you. Forgetting yourself for a moment, you answered, "A Faceless Man cannot love, Jaqen. You cannot love me and I cannot love you." Your voice was barely above a whisper, but he heard you anyway. "That is not true."

You blinked rapidly. Had you just admitted to loving Jaqen? And he just confessed to loving you as well? "I do love you, Y/N" he said and, in that brief moment, Jaqen wasn't faceless. "I love you, Jaqen." Once again, Jaqen captured your lips with his, silencing all the emotions screaming in your head except one. The love you felt for him. From that moment on, when the two of you were alone, you were no longer Faceless Men. You were Jaqen and Y/N, two people that had been on the run together and had found love in the chaos of the world.

ryR-