Saving Theon Part 2 (Theon Greyjoy x fem!Stark reader)

(a/n: memory in italics! Read part 1 first or you won't know what happened.)

You had just finished skinning the rabbit you caught when Theon returned. He limped over and placed the wood on the fire as best he could. The two of you had been hiding in the wilderness for weeks after escaping Winterfell and Ramsay Bolton. You knew that Ramsay would be looking for you both and there would be hell to pay if he found you. You glanced over at Theon, the man you once loved. Ramsay had certainly done a number on him. Theon had been worn down to a shell of the man he used to be. He had limited use of one hand, a limp and he could no longer be anyone's lover.

Theon watched as you stoked the fire and placed the rabbit over the flame. He was slowly returning to himself. Since leaving Winterfell, Theon's memories of the two of you were returning stronger than ever. He remembered every stolen kiss, every embrace and the nights that the two of you were together, especially the last time. The night before you left Winterfell with your father and sisters.

Theon traced little circles on your back as you snuggled closer into his chest. "My father wishes me to accompany him to King's Landing," you told him. He could hear the sadness in your voice as you fought back tears. "Oh? And will you go?" he asked, feeling his own throat tighten and his eyes prickle with tears. You nodded against his chest. "I must. Mother has to care for Bran now and she believes it will be good for me to learn how proper Southern ladies behave."

Theon pulled you closer and planted a kiss to your temple. "I shall miss you every day you are away, My Lady," he told you in a terrible attempt at flirting. You moved your head to look up at him. "Theon, if this is the last night we spend together, please don't call me that." He smirked. He knew you hated when he called you "my lady." He leaned in and kissed your lips. "I love you, Theon."

"I love you too, Y/N," Theon said out loud, causing you to look at him curiously. "What?" He jerked his head in your direction, eyes wide with fear. "Theon?" He swallowed hard and opened his mouth to speak slowly, " I r-remember the l-last time we were together, b-before you left." You felt the heat rise to your cheeks as the memory flooded your mind too. You'd told him that you loved him, but you never heard him say it back. You'd fallen asleep and he either hadn't said it or you missed it. You heart had nearly broken when he was gone the next morning. You didn't have the chance to see him again before you left for King's Landing.

"That is wonderful! Your memories are returning to you! You are leaving Reek behind and becoming Theon again," you praised with a wide smile. Theon gave you a little half smile as you returned to cooking the rabbit. "Thank you, Y/N." Without taking your eyes away from your meal, you asked, "For?" Theon didn't say anything for a moment. He was simply watching how the fire danced in your eyes.

He limped over and sat beside you, causing you to take your gaze away from the flames. "You saved me. F-from Ramsay and from m-my own mind." Your face lit up with a grin as you watched Reek disappear nearly completely and Theon return to you. You leaned in, but before your lips touched, you wrinkled your nose. "You need a bath, Greyjoy." For the first time in months, Theon laughed.

ric�U�uؤT