Silent Determination (Jojen Reed x fem!Stark reader)

(a/n: The beginning part, where they meet originally takes place in episode 3.2)

You were sitting with your younger brother, Bran. There was silence between you, but that wasn't unusual. You hadn't said much since leaving Winterfell. You typically only spoke to Bran and Rickon on occasion. Osha, Hodor and Rickon had gone off to hunt, leaving you and Bran alone which suited you just fine. You wanted nothing more than to get Bran to Jon at the Wall. You'd find some way to survive on your own, but Bran needed to get to Jon. Bran's direwolf, Summer, was pacing around the trees while yours, Shadow, sat diligently by your side.

A sudden sound made you bolt up and grab your bow. A blonde boy came around the tree and you knocked an arrow. He held his hands up in a gesture of peace. Shadow growled at him and you narrowed your eyes. Summer slowly approached the boy who held his hand out. Summer sniffed it and Shadow followed suit. "You must be Summer and Shadow." Your bow was still aimed at him, but you didn't have to worry. Osha was soon at his back with spear pointed at his neck.

"I am unarmed," he told her. Osha chuckled wryly and replied, "That was poor planning." The boy quickly explained that his sister carried the weapons. From the corner of your eye, you saw another figure, but before you could switch your aim, the figure had a knife to Osha's throat. "I'm better with them. Drop the spear!" The boy turned his gaze back to Bran. "You can lower your bow, Y/N. You and I both know you will not use it on me."

You glanced at Bran who nodded. Reluctantly, you lowered your weapon, but your eyes returned to the boy and didn't leave him again as Osha dropped her spear. "I'm Jojen Reed and this is my sister Meera. We've come a long way to find you, Brandon and we have much further to go." Your brows furrowed and you exchanged a glance with your crippled brother.

*time skip*

You sat with Bran and Jojen around the fire. The two of them were talking, but Jojen kept stealing glances at you. Over the course of your journey with the Reeds, you had come to love the boy with the Sight. Had you still been in Winterfell, you would have told him so. As it was, you were far too determined to get Bran where he needed to go. You were no longer going to Jon. You were going to find the Three-Eyed Raven. Bran needed to find him and you were going to help him. Until then, you couldn't worry about love. Besides, even if you did say something, there was nothing to say Jojen felt the same way for you.

"Y/N?" You started and glanced over at your brother with a blush painted on your cheeks. "Can you go hunt, please? Osha and Meera are arguing again." You nodded and grabbed your bow. "I'll go with you," Meera said and you shook your head, indicating you were fine. It wasn't that you disliked Meera. You just wanted to be alone with your thoughts. You disappeared into the tree line, leaving your companions behind in the fog.

It didn't take you long to track a doe, but just as you were about loose your arrow, a twig snapped behind you. You spun around and came face to face with Jojen. He chuckled softly. "Wonderful concentration, Y/N. I apologize for startling you and the deer." You nodded and turned away to look for something else. "Y/N?" You groaned inwardly and glanced back at him.

"I lied to Bran. I did not just see him. I saw you as well. You have a purpose on this journey as well although I have not seen what." You shook your head and went back to the task at hand. Jojen laughed again. "You really do have such determination. I admire it." You felt your face heat up, but still you said nothing. You had a job to do. You couldn't let Bran down.

"Y/N, please. Won't you speak to me?" You lowered your bow with a sigh and faced him again. You quirked your brow. What did he expect you to say? You hadn't said a single word to him since you met him and Meera. Jojen sighed and then smirked. "I didn't believe it at first. My dreams of you. I did not believe you could fall in love with a girl that never spoke to you, and yet I have." Your eyes widened and his brown eyes met yours. "Say something please," he pleaded, taking a step closer to you.

"You love me?" you finally asked, making Jojen's lips curl up into a smile. "I do. You are beautiful and loyal and honorable. You fight for your brother with such determination, it is almost frightening. You are so protective, but also caring and kind without ever saying a word." It was your turn to grin. For the first time since leaving Winterfell, you felt happy. You wanted to yell and cheer. You took a step toward Jojen.

"I love you, Jojen." Your voice was barely above a whisper, but he heard it anyway. "Say it again?" he asked and you did. Over and over again until he cut you off with his lips. When the kiss was over, far too quickly for your liking, Jojen smiled at you. "Thank you." You didn't know that Jojen had had another dream, one not so pleasant. These visions never wrong and this one was no different. It did not end well for him so he was determined to hear you say that you loved him and to tell you that he loved you as often as possible before his destiny was fulfilled.