All Good Things Must End (Petyr Baelish x fem!reader)

(a/n: WOW! Over 3000 reads already!! Thanks!)

You glanced over at the sleeping man beside you. Petyr looked rather peaceful when he was asleep. There was no trace of the cold and calculating man that was present during his waking hours. You carefully got up from the bed and searched for your dress, lost somewhere in the frenzied tornado that had been you and Petyr the night before. That was the way you and Petyr always were whenever you journeyed to King's Landing. Your father, a lord, always insisted that you join him. Your days were spent with the other ladies and the lords while your nights were spent in Petyr Baelish's bed.

You found the article of clothing you were looking for and had just pulled it on when you heard the bed shift behind you. You fought the urge to groan. You'd hoped to be gone before he woke. In a moment, Petyr had put his own clothing on and came to stand behind you. He began helping you button the back of your dress. "You are leaving today?" he asked, gazing at your reflections in the mirror. "Yes." Your father was returning home and you with him. Petyr placed a gentle kiss to your exposed shoulder and replied, "I look forward to your return, My Lady." You felt the lump forming in your throat.

You took a deep breath before saying, "I will not be returning, Lord Baelish." Petyr dropped his hands from your arms and stood there gaping at your reflection. He knew you were serious, since you called him "Lord Baelish." Any other time, you would call him by his name. "Are you not?" You shook your head, determined not to let your emotions betray you. "Why will you not return, Y/N?" You stepped away from him, heading toward the door. "My father has discovered our little...arrangement and is furious. As punishment, he's given my hand in marriage to another lord of Dorne. They do not care if their women are not pure," you told him, "My father and I are travelling to Dorne today and I will not be returning."

For once in his life, Petyr Baelish was completely speechless. For the many years he had been bedding you, he never once thought your arrangement would come to an end. Now, with the end in sight, Petyr was desperate to keep you near him. Your arrangement meant something to the both of you. For you, it was a chance to get away from the stifling life as a lady and for Petyr, it was your company that kept him sane. "Marriage? Surely there will be ways for you to return to King's Landing after you are married," he said, trying to choose his words carefully and failing.

You whipped your head around to stare at him. Had it been anyone else, you would not have believed the suggestion coming from him. "I will NOT be unfaithful. I will not break the vows of marriage. Not even for you, Petyr!" The two of you stared at one another for a moment, your anger quickly subsiding. You shook your head sadly. "I am sorry, Petyr but all good things must end. You have your title, your investments and your wealth. You will endure as you always have. You have never needed me to warm your bed. I will marry and be a lady of Dorne."

The longer you spoke, the more Petyr's face contorted in anger. "Quite right, dear Y/N. You were merely a distraction while you were here. Now go and marry your lord and bear his children. Become the perfect lady your father wishes you to be instead of the fierce woman I have come to know and l-" he cut himself off. He straightened up to his full height, his face once more the cold mask of the business man. "Go. I pray good fortune for you and your betrothed."

Before he could see the tears threatening to spill over, you turned and bolted from the room, leaving a confused and hurt Petyr in your wake. He had almost said it. That word. The one word that changes everything for two people. Petyr stared at the door as it slammed close behind you. He'd stopped the word, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that he wasn't certain if he meant it. He never thought he could love anyone after Catelyn, but somehow, you had become part of his life and he wanted, no he needed you to remain there.

Once Petyr understood just how much he needed you, he realized that he did mean it. He should have said it. He should have told you that he loved you and now, it was too late. Or was it? Petyr wasn't so sure. He had to tell you how he felt, but worried if you felt the same. He could not take the rejection of another woman, but Petyr understood that he would not know if he said nothing. Without wasting another minute, Petyr wrenched the door open and took off after you.