Warg (Bran Stark x reader)

The first time it happened, you got scared. The second time it happened, you got nervous. The third time it happened, you completely lost your mind. You had no idea what was happening to you nor did you know how to control it or stop it. You wouldn't figure it out on your own either. It would take the help of someone special. It would take the help of Bran Stark.

When you first met Bran, you weren't sure what to think. He was timid, but his eyes studied you carefully as he sat in his wheelbarrow. He was accompanied by a girl who looked exhausted and you couldn't blame her. Not only was she carrying an array of weapons, she was also pushing Bran's wheelbarrow. You held your cat close to you as the two approached. Your cat was your constant companion. "My name is Bran and this is Meera," Bran had told you after looking you over for several moments. "Y/N."

You soon learned that Bran was a lot like you. He could do what you could. He told you that it was possible to control when it happened. You just needed practice. "Show me! Please," you begged when he explained exactly what was happening to you. You were simply thrilled that there was someone else that had gone through what you were currently struggling with.

Bran bit his lip, but agreed. He couldn't leave you like this. It could be dangerous. Over the next several weeks, Bran worked with you, much like Jojen had worked with him. Your poor cat was often the test subject for your "training". You discovered that you could basically put yourself into your cat's body and control her. It was as if you were running with her, hunting with her and everything else. With Bran's help, you were slowly learning to control it.

"What are we?" you asked him one day after a rather exhaustive bout of training, "I mean, people must have a name for others like us." Bran gave you a said smile. "Jojen called me a Warg. Apparently, they are very rare." You nodded thoughtfully. It was nice to have a name to put to what had been happening to you. "Can we do it with anything or does it have to be something we are close to?" you asked, leaning down to pet your cat. She danced away from your fingers and you chuckled. She really didn't like you invading her mind like that.

"I don't think so, but it could be different for everyone." You let out a small huff. Bran smiled sheepishly. He wished he had more answers for you. "Have you done it to more than one?" you asked. Bran chuckled at your incessant questions before he grew serious and Meera frowned. "I have. I h-had a direwolf, Summer and a friend H-Hodor." He trailed off, tears forming in his dark eyes. "I'm sorry!" He shook his head sadly. "It's alright. I-I cannot blame anyone but myself."

Forseveral minutes, there was silence. Finally, Meera broke it, saying, "Ithink we should rest. We've still a long way to go." You and Bran agreedand settled down on the snowy ground to rest for the night while Meera took thefirst watch. For a while, she looked on as you and Bran slept, her heart stillheavy with the loss of her brother. She laughed to herself as she realized thatBran had become to you what Jojen had been to him. A guide in a life that wasrare and confusing. A life that could not possibly have a happy ending.serv2~wyT