King in the North (Jon Snow x fem!reader)

He was staring again. Jon. Every time you looked over at him, he was staring at you. When word reached you that Jon and Sansa had taken back Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton, you rode as quickly as you could to them from the camp. Winterfell was as much your home as it was theirs. After all, not only had your family been bannermen for Lord Eddard, you had also been betrothed to the heir of Winterfell. At least until his death.

After Robb died, you returned home. When they learned Jon and Sansa were attempting to take back Winterfell, the bannermen of your family immediately rode into action. You traveled with them and stayed in camp during the battle. You weren't exactly equipped to fight. Word soon spread that the battle was won and you rejoiced with everyone else.

Now, you were assisting the injured as well as helping to prepare funerals for the dead. Still, whenever you took a moment's rest, you found Jon's nearly black eyes on you. You'd flash him a smile and then return to what you were doing until, finally, the dead and injured were taken care of. Dirty and worn out, you stood in the halls of Winterfell with everyone else and watched as they proclaimed Jon Snow, King in the North.

His eyes flicked over to you once again, barely registering the words of the lords. Now it was you who was watching him intently. You watched the range of emotions that crossed his features. Everything from confusion to anger to acceptance. Deep down, you knew this wasn't what Jon wanted, but he would do whatever he had to in order to keep Sansa safe.

Once the ruckus died down, you turned your attention away from Jon and back to whatever could keep your mind occupied. Suddenly, you felt a warm hand wrap around your arm. You turned to find Jon beside you, his dark eyes boring into your soul. "I need to speak with you, my lady." His voice was soft, but firm. It really didn't leave room for argument, but you didn't want to anyway. You were curious as to why he kept staring at you. So, you nodded and let him lead you from the room.

Once the two of you were alone, he turned back to you. "I must apologize for my actions." You cocked your head to the side. "You've done nothing wrong, Jon. Or should I call you King Jon?" you asked, jokingly earning a glare from the young man. You always did know how to get under his skin. "My attention has not made you uncomfortable?" You shook your head. "No, Jon. You've simply made me curious. You know I've seen you staring at me. I only wish to know why."

Jon sighed deeply. "Because I love you," he whispered. You stood there for a moment saying nothing. Jon loved you? He took another deep breath and continued, "I have always loved you, even when you were not mine to love. Even when you were Robb's, I loved you. I tried to forget you. To replace you with someone else. I even broke my vows just to try and forget how much I love you, but it didn't work. I could never forget you."

You said nothing, too overcome with shock. That was the most Jon had ever spoken to you in one breath. He'd never been one to share his feelings and here he was, baring his soul to you. "Oh, Jon," you breathed. There was part of you that had always loved Jon. You never loved Robb, not the way Jon meant. Your betrothal had been an arranged one and you had feelings for Robb, but you loved Jon.

"Jon, how could you keep this from me for so long? How could keep all those feelings to yourself without going mad?" Jon shook his head. "I may be mad. I don't know." You laughed and took a step closer to him. His gaze came to rest on your face. He saw no judgment there. Only understanding and, dare he hope...love. He found his voice again and said, "I have no right to ask this of you or any right to your love, but do you believe you could ever love me?" You smiled and closed the distance between you and wrapped your arms around him. "I do love you Jon. Always," you whispered and kissed him.

K^1