A Daring Rescue (Bronn x fem!reader)

Bronn squinted against the bright Dornish sun. Once his eyes adjusted, he couldn't help but stare at the all the beautiful women all around. However, Jaime needed him to focus. They had come to Dorne to get Princess Myrcella and that's just what they were going to do. At least, that's what Bronn had planned on doing until he felt someone run smack in to him. "Watch where yer goin'!"

You looked up at the man in front of you and your eyes went wide. "Forgive me, Ser. I did not see you." Bronn was about to tell you off when he met your gaze. Big (e/c) eyes stared up at him in fear. "What are ya runnin' from anyway?" You bit your lip, unsure whether you should tell a stranger your predicament. You opened your mouth to say something when voices shouting behind you made you jump and try to hide behind Bronn.

Three men came through the crowd. "Where is she?" Bronn could feel you shaking behind him. "There she is!" one of the men spotted you. "There you are, dear Y/N. You cannot simply run away from me, you know that." Your shudder shook Bronn where he stood. For some reason, Bronn felt the need to protect you. "What's she done?" The man who appeared to be in charge quirked a brow. "It is no business of yours, outsider."

The man took another step near you, but Bronn blocked his path. "It is if I say it is. Now, what's she done that warrants chasin' 'er through the streets of Dorne?" The man, who was technically your employer, drew himself up to his full height, which was still a few inches shorter than Bronn. "I will have you know, Y/N there is one of my girls. Or she will be once I've trained her up a bit. I picked her out especially for the higher born patrons of my establishment."

Realization struck Bronn. That man was a brothel keep, which made you one of his whores. Except, judging by the look of pure terror on your face, you didn't want to be. "And this Y/N...'ow'd ya come by 'er?" The man swallowed thickly in response. "I see. Well, sorry to disappoint, lad but ya won't be takin' 'er back. She'll be stayin' with me." The brothel keep motioned to the men beside him who quickly moved in on Bronn.

Bronn gently moved you out of harm's way and fought off the so-called guards. They really were no match for Bronn, who'd been fighting longer than they'd been alive, probably. When they were wounded enough to stand down, Bronn pointed the tip of his sword at the brothel keep. "Y-You can have her. No whore is worth this much trouble." He turned to leave and from behind him, Bronn heard your voice yell, "I am not a whore!"

Bronn turned to you and you gave him a watery smile. "Thank you, Ser. You saved my life. How can I repay you?" Bronn smirked, thinking of a million and one ways you could thank him, but he quickly shook those thoughts from his head. You'd just run away from a brothel after all. "Ya can go 'ome and live a normal life. And watch where yer goin'."

Your bottom lip started trembling and once again, realization dawned. "Ya don't 'ave a 'ome, do ya, Y/N?" You shook your head and quickly explained that your family had died recently and the brothel keep had taken you from your home. You couldn't go back there or you'd wind up in the same situation again. Bronn ran his fingers through his dark hair and studied you. Bronn wasn't really much of a caring person, but he couldn't just leave you.

"Alright. I 'ave business to take care of and then we're leavin' Dorne. Yer comin' with us." You cocked your head in confusion. "Oh, don't gimme that look, girl! I'm takin' ya in as my ward, not as my lover. Ya can keep my lady wife company. Sure she's love ta teach ya about all sorts of lady things." He motioned for you to follow and stay close. As promised, when his business was complete, Bronn escorted you to his newly acquired land and to his wife, who eagerly took you under her wing. Bronn was almost like a father to you. He and his wife finished raising you. As you grew in wisdom, you learned that Bronn had rescued you in more ways than one.

Bj1L2a9X֩%