New Life (Jaqen H'ghar x fem!reader)

Trying to start a new life was never easy, but being the youngest daughter of Tywin Lannister made it especially difficult. After your nephew died, all Seven Hells broke loose in King's Landing and you decided it would be for the best to leave. You grabbed the coin you'd been saving since you left Casterly Rock and left King's Landing, never to look back. You thought the safest place to go would be Braavos, perhaps find your old friend.

After sailing for weeks, you finally docked in Braavos and you were eager to stretch your legs and find an inn until you found a permanent place to live. You fought a smile as you surveyed the city. The people seemed friendly enough for the moment, but you doubted that would be the case if they ever found out that you were a Lannister. Love for your family was sparse. You soon found an inn and managed to get a room next to the hatch that lead you to the roof.

You loved being up high. You always climbed around on the roofs of Casterly Rock, Harrenhal and King's Landing. It was exhilarating, but you always had to be careful so your father wouldn't find out. Here in Braavos, you didn't have to worry about your father catching you up on the rooftops. As soon as your things were in your room, you climbed up to the rooftop of the inn. You let out a sigh as you took in the night sky of Braavos.

It wasn't until you'd been surveying the sky for several minutes that you realized someone was watching you. You turned your head and found one of the men that had been sailing with you. Upon closer inspection, you realized it was one of the knights of King's Landing. "Did you really believe you could run away, Lady Y/N?" he asked with a sneer. You swallowed thickly. "I am not going back," you declared before turning and running. You hopped from rooftop to rooftop with practiced ease, unknowing of the person watching from below.

Jaqen glanced up just in time to see someone hopping between the rooftops of the city. His eagle-like gaze pierced through the dark and he realized it was you, the young higher born woman he met in Harrenhal. He watched as you were pursued by a man much larger than you. Jaqen ran alongside the buildings as the rooftops got smaller and smaller. Near the end of the street, your pursuer finally managed to catch up to you. He went to tackle you, but ended up pushing you from the roof.

You let out a scream as you fell. You were certain you were about to die, but the bone crushing impact you expected didn't happen. Instead, you felt something warm wrap around you. You opened your eyes and met the blue ones of Jaqen H'ghar. "Jaqen?" you squeaked. He gave you a small smile which you returned. "A woman should strive to be more careful. This one would hate to see her hurt."

You felt yourself blush at his words. Before he left Harrenhal, you'd gotten close to the man and now here he was, holding you close to his chest as if your life depended on it. "T-thank you, Jaqen," you stuttered out. You normal wouldn't have stuttered, but being so close to Jaqen made you nervous. He'd captured your heart during your stay at Harrenhal. "Why was a woman running?" his question brought you out of your reverie. "Oh, I was running from a knight. He followed me from King's Landing after I ran away. He knows where I was staying Jaqen. What am I going to do? If I go back there, he will be waiting for me to take me back to my father."

It took you a moment to realize that Jaqen was still holding you. You blushed again and scrambled out of his arms. "A man will care for a woman during her stay in Braavos," he stated simply causing you to look back up at him. "Thank you, Jaqen." He smiled again and beckoned you to follow him. "A man will take you to his home and then retrieve a woman's belongings." Jaqen lead you through the streets of Braavos to where he lived. You ended up staying there far longer than anticipated.

Over the course of the time you stayed with Jaqen, the faceless assassin changed. He no longer acted like a Faceless Man. He acted like a normal man and he was everything you ever wanted in a partner. He was passionate yet calming, as well as intelligent and charming. You were humming to yourself as you mended one of your dresses when Jaqen came in. "Good afternoon, Y/N." You looked up at the sound of his voice. "Hello, Jaqen," you greeted with a smile. Whenever Jaqen was with you, he no longer spoke the way a Faceless Man would and it made you feel special.

"There is something I wish to speak with you about," he began, his tone serious. You bit your lip. You were pretty certain you knew what he was going to say. "You want me to leave," you said sadly. You rose from your seat. "I will collect my belongings and leave immediately," you continued, although it was breaking your heart to say it. You loved him and there was no denying it. You didn't want to leave. You went to push past Jaqen, but a hand on your arm stopped you.

"I do not wish you to leave, Y/N. I wish to leave...with you, if you will have me," Jaqen said softly, in case there was someone listening. You stared at him blankly for a moment while you processed what Jaqen had just told you. "You are leaving the Order of the Faceless Men? But Jaqen, this is your home." Jaqen sighed. "My home is with you, Y/N. We can return to Westeros together," he said, not one ounce of jest in his voice, his blue eyes gazing worriedly into your (e/c) ones. You nodded once and threw your arms around him. While you weren't thrilled about returning to Westeros, you knew you could face anything as long as you had Jaqen by your side.

)![&H