Intrigued by the Lannister Black Sheep(Oberyn x fem!Lannister)

You weren't like the rest of the Lannister lions. You were soft spoken and honest and possessed a kindness that wasn't false. You were compassionate and understanding and your outlook on life was different than anyone else in your family. You didn't believe that one family was better than another and you felt that, as a higher born lady, it was your duty to help those less fortunate. The only person in your family that you actually got along with was your brother Tyrion. All of these things combined became the reason you caught the attention of the Red Viper. Oberyn Martell.

Oberyn entered the city to attend the wedding of Joffrey to Margaery Tyrell, but he didn't meet you until a few days after his arrival. Oberyn had found a room in Lord Baelish's brothel and Tyrion took it upon himself to fetch him. You trailed behind your brother, keeping your Lannister green eyes straight ahead as you entered the brothel. You weren't completely naive. You knew exactly what happened in brothels but you weren't going to watch.

Your brother entered the room Oberyn was in first, glancing over his shoulder to make sure you weren't too far behind. "Prince Oberyn," Tyrion began, ignoring the whore at Oberyn's side. Oberyn looked up with a sigh that was cut short when his dark eyes landed on you. He quickly told the woman occupying his time to leave. "The king has requested your presence, my prince," Tyrion told Oberyn, but the prince from Dorne wasn't really listening. His eyes were glued on you.

You were looking everywhere but at the shirtless man in front of you. Oberyn took the opportunity to study your face. You didn't have the same hard look the rest of your family did. "The king will simply have to wait. Who is this lovely flower?" Oberyn asked, his accented voice caused you to finally look at him. You didn't say anything, merely stared at Oberyn. Tyrion sighed, knowing this wasn't going to be resolved if he didn't answer Oberyn's questions. "This is Y/N Lannister. My sister."

Oberyn flashed you a cheeky grin as he approached you. He took your trembling hand in his and brought it to his lips. "It is a pleasure, my lady," he said with a wink before pressing a kiss to your knuckles. You could have swooned. You probably would have if not for hearing your father's voice in the back of your head telling you to behave like a Lannister. "Ellaria, is she not a beautiful flower?" Oberyn asked suddenly, drawing your attention to the tanned woman in the corner of the room.

"Beautiful indeed. I just hope she is not too boring," Ellaria answered with a kind smile. You flushed at the unsolicited attention. Tyrion noticed and cleared his throat. "So sorry to interrupt your gushing over my sister, but I am afraid his Grace was rather insistent." Giving a bored sigh, Oberyn dropped your hand. "Very well. Will you accompany us, Lady Y/N?" You couldn't seem to find your voice, so you nodded, making Oberyn smile again.

You followed silently behind Tyrion and Oberyn, listening to their conversation. Ellaria walked with you, not missing the fact that Oberyn kept casting glances back at you. "He is intrigued by you, Lady Y/N," she whispered to you. Your brows furrowed. "Prince Oberyn? I do not see why he should be. It is no secret he has no love for my family." Ellaria smiled. There was the Lannister pride. "But you are not like the rest of your family, are you?"

You grew silent again as you thought about it. It was true. Other than the fact that Tyrion was a dwarf, you were truly the black sheep of the Lannister family. "I like that you are not like them. And I believe Oberyn does too." You took a chance and looked up only to find Oberyn looking back at you and smiling. You smiled back, feeling your face heat up again. You turned your attention back to Ellaria. "I am intrigued by Prince Oberyn as well. He is unlike any man here in King's Landing or in Casterly Rock. But I would not come between you," you added the last part quickly, unsure of why you were saying any of this. Ellaria merely laughed softly. You blushed and fell silent again.

*time skip*

Several weeks passed and each day you found yourself spending more and more time with Oberyn and Ellaria. You showed them around King's Landing and the Red Keep whenever they saw fit to leave the security of Lord Baelish's brothel. After a while, Ellaria stopped joining you, leaving you and Oberyn alone. At first, you believed it was because she didn't care for your company anymore, but you soon realized that she was trying to give you and Oberyn time together.

As you sat, walked or talked with him, Oberyn asked questions. He wanted to know everything about you. He discovered quite a bit and yet, you were still a mystery to him. It only served to intrigue him more. You also seemed immune to his charms, but that didn't put him off. He loved a challenge. What he didn't realize was that you weren't immune. You were just better at hiding it than most. It was one of the only traits you got from your family.

"Oberyn?" you asked one day as you strolled through the Keep. "Yes, my flower?" You flushed at the endearment. "Why are you and Ellaria still here? Surely you have grown bored of this city and miss Dorne. So why do you stay?" Oberyn laughed heartily. "I am surprised you have to ask, Y/N." You had long since dropped the titles when you were around each other. "I thought it was rather obvious."

You weren't stupid. You knew why Oberyn stuck around, or at least you thought you did. "It may be," you began, licking your lips and catching Oberyn's attention, "But I would rather you tell me." Oberyn beamed, his white teeth a sharp contrast to his tanned skin. "Very well, Flower. I wish to take you to Dorne with me." Your brow rose in surprise. That really wasn't what you were expecting. "As what? Your lover?"

"As whatever you wish, Y/N. Lover, friend, companion." The joking tone was gone from his voice. He studied your face as his words registered in your brain. "I do not wish to come between you and Ellaria." Oberyn laughed. "It was Ellaria's idea to ask you. That beautiful woman knows what I need and I need you in my life. Your very presence intrigued me from the beginning and now, I want to know everything about you. I want to be in your life."

You felt your eyes watering at the sincerity in his words. Before you could stop yourself, you threw your arms around his neck and pulled him close. Oberyn breathed a sigh of relief as his own arms wrapped around your waist. Burying his face in your hair, he asked, "Does this mean you will come with us?" You pulled back and looked into those dark eyes. "Yes," you whispered, "Yes I will." He smiled at you and brought his face closer until his lips hovered over yours. In answer to his unasked question, you closed the distance, pressing a gentle kiss to his chapped lips that soon became heated.

���?br