Saved by The Hound (Sandor Clegane x fem! Stark reader)

(a/n: mentions of violence, death and nightmares)

Scream. That was the only thought going through your mind. You knew exactly what these men were after the minute they snatched you from the street. You fought them off as best you could, but there were four of them and only one you. You kicked one in the groin and let out the loudest scream you possibly could until another man placed his hand over your mouth, stifling your voice. You thrashed against him, trying to free yourself. You feared for your life, but soon the hand covering your mouth was gone and you were left standing in the middle of four dead bodies.

You glanced up at your savior, eyes filled with gratitude. Sandor Clegane, otherwise known as the Hound, towered over you. He was covered in the blood of your attackers and he had a murderous glint in his eyes. Those deep pools of brown softened slightly when they landed on your trembling form. "Come along, little bird. You're alright now," he rasped out, sheathing his sword and offering you his hand. You took it and allowed him to practically drag you back to the Red Keep.

Sandor did not let you out of his sight until you arrived at your chamber door. Suddenly, you felt shy again. "Um, Sandor?" you asked, peering up at the giant of a man through your lashes. He quirked a heavy brow in response so you continued, "W-would you guard the door? I know those men are dead, but...I'm frightened." You looked down at your shoes, not wanting to see the humor in his eyes. "Of course," was all he said before opening the door and gently pushing you in.

As the door closed behind you, you smiled. At least you would feel safe tonight. You quickly changed and climbed into bed. You weren't asleep long when the nightmares started. Sandor heard cries and immediately burst through. You were sitting straight up in bed, beads of sweat lacing your forehead and tears running down your face. Sandor took his hand off the hilt of his sword and crossed the room in three large strides.

"Quiet down now, lass," he scolded you softly, "Nothing's gonna get to ya. You're safe." He sat on the edge of the bed, as far away from you as possible. He didn't want to get too close and scare you even more. That didn't stop you from closing the space between you and throwing your arms around him. You wouldn't normally be so forward, but you craved comfort at that moment. Your mother, Catelyn Stark, always held you close when you were upset. Sandor stiffened, but didn't push you away. He just sat and let you hug him until you were cried out.

"Are ya done?" he asked when he could no longer hear your sobs. You nodded against his chest and let go of him. "Forgive me. I've never been so shaken by a nightmare," you told him as you sat back and brought your knees up to your chest. "After what happened to ya today, it's no surprise you're having nightmares. They'll stop eventually. I'm gonna go back out there and you are gonna go back to sleep," he told you a tone that dared you to argue with him.

Sandor gave your arm a quick squeeze and stood. "Sandor?" He glanced back at you. "Thank you. For everything today," you said, your voice small. Sandor wasn't sure how to react. No one ever really thanked him for doing his job. He simply grunted in reply and left the room. You didn't fall back asleep, but you certainly felt safer and you knew that Sandor would do anything to protect you.

��,����[���