My Rescuer(Jorah Mormont x fem!Targaryen reader)

You stood quietly next to your brother Viserys, keeping your violet eyes trained in front of you despite the fact that you wanted to run and hide. You knew if you dropped your eyes to the ground, Viserys would surely lash out at you in anger. The sight of the khalasar frightened you. You scanned the faces of the riders, knowing that one of them would be wed to your sister, Daenerys. Your eyes landed on the one man that was clearly not Dothraki. He was an older gentleman with a kind face.

Your mind was brought back to your family when your brother gave your arm a little pinch. You gazed at him. "Apparently, another rider in the khalasar wishes to take you. Step forward," he ordered you. For a moment, you could not move for fear. You were not ready for this True, you were older than Daenerys, but it was her that men wanted. She was the one supposed to marry. You were not supposed to offered as a sacrificial lamb for slaughter. Viserys pinched you again, but discreetly shoving you forward. One of the Dothraki gazed at you and licked his lips in appreciation before turning and riding off after Drogo.

Later, when you were alone with Viserys and Daenerys you gazed fearfully at them. "I will not bed him," you told your brother simply. Daenerys, your host and the kind-looking man all gaped at you. Viserys stopped eating to meet your eyes. "Dearest sister, do you not wish me to be king? Do you wish to be stuck here instead of reclaiming the throne that is rightfully mine?" You frowned deeply. You hated when Viserys did that. He often used guilt to persuade you into doing things you did not want to do. "Of course not, Brother. I simply will not sleep with him. Dany is to wed Khal Drogo and he shall give you the army you need. You have no reason to bed me to one of the Dothraki."

Viserys threw his goblet of wine like a spoiled child and glared at you. You flinched and got up to leave the room. As you passed him, Viserys grabbed your arm roughly. "You will bed the Dothraki so I will have my army, Y/N. I am not asking," he whispered harshly before letting you go. You forced yourself not to run from the room. As soon as the doors closed behind you, you broke into a run. You ran as quickly as you could toward your chambers, not hearing the quick, sure footfalls behind you. "Princess," a deep voice called to you. You turned to find the man you now knew as Jorah Mormont approaching. "Ser Jorah," you curtsied. "Are you alright?"

You paused a moment to think. You weren't alright, but you feared how Viserys would react should you say anything. So you put on your best fake smile and replied, "I am well, Ser. My brother wishes only the best for me." Jorah looked at you pointedly. You could tell he didn't believe you. You weren't sure whether you should curse yourself for being too obvious or curse him for being too observant. "I can see that you don't really believe that," he told you bluntly.

"I cannot change his mind," you whispered, looking down at your shoes. You felt rough, calloused fingers lifting your chin up. Jorah looked at you with such sympathy that you couldn't fight the tears anymore. "Perhaps not, but there may be a way to avoid being wed to any of the Dothraki, but only if you agree, Princess." You looked at him, curious as to what he had to say. He opened his mouth to say something, but thought better of it before he lead you to the library. Once the door closed behind you, Jorah began to tell you his idea.

"That will never work, Ser. My brother would consider it treason and have both of us killed," you cried. Jorah gave a little laugh at your reaction. "I do not believe that. He and your sister need me to translate Dothraki for them for now. He cannot afford to kill me. You cannot be forced to bed the Dothraki and you will be safe from your brother's wrath," he told. You sat back and thought for a moment. Would it work or would Viserys see to it that you suffered a fate worse than death? "Very well. Thank you, Ser Jorah." Jorah gave you a soft smile and you put your plan into action.

The next morning, you met your brother as he was breaking his fast. "Good morrow, dearest Y/N. I trust you have come to your senses and are willing to do what I say," Viserys asked, not looking up from the scroll in front of him. You cast a glance at Jorah across the room, who nodded reassuringly. You squared your shoulders and answered, "I am not. I refuse to bed any man that is not my husband." At the last word, Daenerys choked on her wine and Viserys snapped his head in your direction, fire in his eyes. "Husband? You have no husband dear sister," he said. You quickly walked across the room and linked arms with Jorah. "I do have a husband. We were wed last night," you told him.

Viserys looked between you and Jorah for a moment before saying, "I see. And have you consummated said marriage?" You blushed under his intense stare. Viserys stood quickly and made his way to your chambers. You had known he would. In truth, you had not consummated the marriage, but Jorah came up with the idea of cutting your leg so there would be blood on the sheets. That would be enough proof for your brother. You heard an inhuman howl echoing through the halls and after a moment, Viserys reappeared. His white-blond hair was disheveled and his eyes were wide with rage.

"You insolent whore. How dare you?!" he screamed, taking long strides toward you. Jorah placed himself between you and your brother. "You will not speak to my lady wife in that manner. And you will not force her bed anyone that is not me. We were married in the eyes of the old gods and the new and the marriage was consummated. She is mine and I am hers. Nothing will change that." Viserys took a deep breath as he backed away.

"You are too smart for your own good, dearest sister." Jorah took you hand and lead you from the room as you tried to steady your rapidly beating heart. You looked sideways at Jorah's determined face. You realized that you had a friend in this life. He was your hero. The type you'd only ever read about. "Thank you, Jorah. You rescued me from a cruel fate," you told him when you'd reached your chambers. You gave his cheek a quick peck before disappearing inside.

\?�K�3�