Chapter 7

September 7th, 1996

Mariah decided to surprise Michael by showing up to his show a little earlier than he expected her to. She just wanted to wish him luck on kicking off his first major tour since the allegations. 

Kenny Ortega was the first to see her. "Mariah, nice seeing you here."

"I know. Um, can you tell me where Michael is?" She asked.

He pointed to a room towards the back. "He should be in there with Karen."

"Thanks." She walked towards the back and Michael was standing with his back to her, fixing his hair how he wanted it while Karen flitted around him with her makeup brush. Michael Bush was kneeling on the ground, attaching knee pads to Michael's legs.

The first thing Mariah noticed was that the pants were tight. Tight to the point where she could see everything, which she figured was true for the front as well. They were also reflective, reminding her of tin foil.

"Looking good partner." She said and he turned around with a grin.

"What are you doing here so early?"

She smirked, noticing the bulge in the front of his pants. "I just wanted to wish you luck tonight, but this outfit is intriguing me."

He blushed. "This is what Michael designed for me."

"Isn't flattering?" Karen interjected.

Mariah chuckled. "You look adorable."

"Adorable? That's the word you're going to use?" Michael asked.

Mariah shrugged. "I just didn't want to point out the fact that your dick is hanging out."

He looked down and shrugged. "Oh look, you're right."

Michael gave Karen and Michael Bush a glance and they hurried out of the room. He then pulled her into his arms and gave her a peck on the lips.

"I'm going to hate not having you on this tour with me." He huffed.

Mariah sighed. "I know, but I have to be at home so I can plan our wedding."

"We could just elope and then you could stay." He suggested.

"But that wouldn't be special." She pointed out. "I want it to be special."

He pressed himself closer to her. "I can make it special."

She pushed him away, chuckling. "Michael, I'm serious."

"I know, I know." He sighed. "I just don't like leaving you alone."

She folded her arms. "Do you not trust me?"

Not that I can blame him, look what happened last time he left me alone.

"What? No, that's not what I'm saying, I just...I like having you with me." He muttered. "Show's about to start, okay?"

He gave her another peck and walked out of the dressing room, leaving her to her thoughts. She sighed and noticed his clothes were just thrown around. She rolled her eyes and folded his shirt, but when she picked up his pants his wallet fell out. Bending down to pick it up, she saw a picture sticking out.

I remember this.

It was a picture of them from 1991 and when she flipped it over she saw an inscription she had written. She had given it to him when he was going through the allegations, but she hadn't expected him to still have it. She put the picture back in his wallet and folded the pants so that she could go watch the show.